Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kissing al Quran al Karim

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Kissing al Quran al Karim

Has anyone have any opinion on this? Do anyone do this before/after reading the Quran? What I did was putting the Quran at my forehead, kiss it and in my chest before reading it and a person said it was bid'ah. Any help would be appreciated?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Kissing al Quran al Karim

I will have to find out.. but at times I do kiss the quran but not in the way you described.. Just sometimes I get overwhelmed by the feeling that these are the words of Allah.. and that leads me to kiss them.. or at times I feel as these were the words with with Rasulullah adressed the Sahaba.. so out of that ghalba I kiss those words..

Similarly sometime while reading any Book of knowledge I feel overwhelmed that this knowledge is such honourable that I would be a spec without it so much that it is merely struggle in this knowledge that alludes people to think of me as one in close association with the people of Allah.. with this overpowering thought I kiss the book ( eg Hidaya or Jalalayn or even Ilm un Nahw)

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Thumbs down Salafees on Planet-Zombi (Bid'ah-Land) Again!

Quote Originally Posted by alfatiha View Post

Has anyone have any opinion on this? Do anyone do this before/after reading the Quran? What I did was putting the Quran at my forehead, kiss it and in my chest before reading it and a person said it was bid'ah. Any help would be appreciated?
    W-Salam,

Ask the person for evidence for this being Bid'ah!

How can this be declared Bid'ah when the Qur'aan didn't readily exist in a book form (on paper etc.) in the time of Salaf (RA)?

Note below the lack of evidence and indirect corelation, what in the world is going on? Is everything Bid'ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salafees say:

1.22. Dislike of kissing the Quran and placing it between one's eyes...There is no authentic proof for this practice.

'Aa`ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: Whoever introduces into this matter of ours that which is not from it, it is rejected. (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Evidence from Ahlus-Sunnah as follows:

http://www.sunnah.org/ibadaat/kissqrn.htm

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

What I did was out of respect of al Quran, hence my action. akhi abuhajira for looking that up.

akhi Muadh, what I did say at that time was that it was my way of respect the Quran, thus the action that I did. He asked for a proof, but I didn't say no more.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

brother.

See here:

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...8584b3a8407e75

Fatwa # 1407 from Other Country/Island Date: Tuesday, October 31st 2000
    Category: Quran

Question:
    Is it better to kiss the Quran before or after reading it? What about with other Islamic Books?

Answer:
    Kissing the Quran and other Islamic books before and after reading them is a mark of respect.

Was salaam

Mufti E Desai
    Fatwa Dept.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

akhi Muadh, what I did say at that time was that it was my way of respect the Quran, thus the action that I did. He asked for a proof, but I didn't say no more.
    W-Salam,

The question is the other way around, Brother.

Ask this person for his Daleel for calling this a Bid'ah? And which scholars have called this a Bidah? Don't leave him alone till he replies to you with some genuine evidence rather then conjecture and suppositions.

Note that even the Salafi Fatwa I have quoted:

a) It is not called a Bidah.

b) How can there be Authentic Proof of against something which didn't readily exist during the time of Salaf?

c) There is no conclusive evidence; simply conjecture.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Muadh_Khan View Post
    dear brother.

The point you've raised - that of conjecture - isn't trivial at all.

Today, the great majority of our khalafi-salafI brethren have this approach towards a new matter (not in sense of bid`ah, but in sense of something they didn't know before):
    "I've never listened about it, nor I undestand it, so it's absolutely and definitely:

a. bid`ah or..
    b. haram or..
    c. shirk or..
    d. kufr or..
    e. misguidance or..
    f. a mixture of all above
    ".

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by umar_italy View Post
    brother.

See here:

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...8584b3a8407e75

Fatwa # 1407 from Other Country/Island Date: Tuesday, October 31st 2000
    Category: Quran

Question:
    Is it better to kiss the Quran before or after reading it? What about with other Islamic Books?

Answer:
    Kissing the Quran and other Islamic books before and after reading them is a mark of respect.

Was salaam

Mufti E Desai
    Fatwa Dept.

at least now I have something to say.

I'm not good in debate, so usually I let them be and keep quiet and have them their own opinion on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadh_Khan View Post
    W-Salam,

The question is the other way around, Brother.

Ask this person for his Daleel for calling this a Bid'ah? And which scholars have called this a Bidah? Don't leave him alone till he replies to you with some genuine evidence rather then conjecture and suppositions.

Note that even the Salafi Fatwa I have quoted:

a) It is not called a Bidah.

b) How can there be Authentic Proof of against something which didn't readily exist during the time of Salaf?

for the fatwa, I will use your method when somebody asking me the question. This will be so much fun.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by umar_italy View Post
    :
    "I've never listened about it, nor I undestand it, so it's absolutely and definitely:

a. bid`ah or..
    b. haram or..
    c. shirk or..
    d. kufr or..
    e. misguidance or..
    f. a mixture of all above.

:

`whatever i know is a few and what i dont know is immense`

I can still remember this sentence. ANd its the thing which stop me to call something bidah. there are 1000 things which i dont know, so if i dont have heard such things before, it doesn“t mean that it also doesn“t exist. To call something bidah people should acctuelly memorise 5 lakh hadiths and then call something bidah.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Talking Following Qur'aan & Sunnah!

at least now I have something to say.

I'm not good in debate, so usually I let them be and keep quiet and have them their own opinion on me.

for the fatwa, I will use your method when somebody asking me the question. This will be so much fun.

Asslamo Allaikum,

Dealing with Salafees is dead-easy...

Ask for FULL evidence everytime they open their mouth as they are trained to work the other way around i.e. they ask you for your evidence...

This is a very simple conversation with the Brother say to him,

1) Akhi! "I follow the Qur'aan & Authentic Sunnah, show me where it is Bid'ah as quoted by the Salaf and I will look at your evidence"

2) Akhi! "I follow Allah (SWT) & His Rasool (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), show me their Qawl and we talk, else with the greatest respect and love, "Your Qawl is nothing to me and as far as I am concerned I throw it to the wall"

3) Akhi! "I am not good at debating things, polemics or philosophy, I just take the words of Allah (SWT) & His Rasool (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)

And then watch this guy's attitude change with you instantly! Best to ask for a link or in writing

When he gives you his evidence, bring it to the knowledgeable Brothers/Sisters here, Insha'Allah.

P.S: Notice that in all three (1,2 & 3) you are saying the same thing in 3 separate ways...

Trust me some of us used to do this to people (who followed Madhabs) day in & day out