man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased. When after
    the burial, the people return home, 2 angels, Munkar and Nakeer
    (names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try to separate this
    handsome man so that they may be able to interrogate the dead man in
    privacy about his faith.

But the handsome man says:

'He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any
    case. If you are appointed for interrogation, do your job. I cannot leave
    him until I get him admitted into Paradise '.

There after he turns to his dead companion and says,
    'I am the Qura'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and
    sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry.
    After the interrogation of Munkar and Nakeer, you will have no grief. When
    the interrogation is over, the handsome man arranges for him from
    Al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) a silk bedding filled with musk'.

Rasulullah (Prophet Muhammad Sallalloho alaihe Wa-aalaywasallam) said:

'On the Day of Judgement, before Allah(God), no other intercessor will
    have a greater status than the Qura'an, neither a Prophet
    nor an angel.'

If u can then please keep forwarding this 'Hadith' to all because Rasulullah(Sallallo ho
    alaihe Wa-aalay wasallam) said: 'Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse'.
    If u can't then no problem.....

May Allah bestow this favor on all of us. AMEEN!

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Default Re: Beautiful And Moving Hadith

Shaykh Salih al-Munajjid says about this 'hadeeth':

It is not narrated in any of the reliable books of Sunnah, and we have not found it with any isnaad, saheeh (sound) or da'eef (weak). Rather it is something that appears in some chat rooms or on some sites with no proof.

Perhaps some ignorant person wrote it himself then attributed it to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), to encourage the people to respect the Qur'aan and pay attention to it, but these people do not know that telling lies about the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of sins that doom a person to the Fire of Hell, and the good intention does not remove the burden of sin for those who tell lies and fabricate ahaadeeth as if the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said them.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Telling lies about me is not like telling lies about anyone else. Whoever tells a lie about me deliberately, let him take his place in Hell." [Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1291) and Muslim (4).]

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Exclamation Re: Beautiful And Moving Hadith

Can anyone confirm if he is correct in his statements

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by madmax786 View Post
    Can anyone confirm if he is correct in his statements
    Could you cite where you got it from?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Question Re: Beautiful And Moving Hadith

Quote Originally Posted by source1984 View Post
    Could you cite where you got it from?
    It's just been sent around via email to everyone.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Oh the email chain letter thing? Probably fake. Basically anything that goes around in email chain letters is fake -- Nigerian bank accounts, human headed snakes, human headed fish, woman turned into serpent, picture of jin, anyone wanna add to this list?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

This hadeeth can be found in Fadhail-e A'maal in the section of Virtues of the Holy Qur'an, under hadeeth 34:

In 'La'aali Masnoo'ah' it is reported from the riwaayat of Bazzaar, which is not considered as concocted,

"When a man dies and his relatives are busy in funeral rites, there stands an extremely handsome man by his head. When the dead body is shrouded, that man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased. When, after the burial, the people return home, two angels, Munkar and Nakeer (names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try separate this handsome man so that they may be able to interrogate the dead man in privacy about his faith. But the handsome man says, "He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any case. If you are appointed for interrogation, do your job. I cannot leave him until I get him admitted into Paradise."

Thereafter he turns to his dead companion and says, "I am the Qur'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry. After the interrogation of Munkar and Nakeer, you will have no grief."

When the interrogation is over, the handsome man arranges for him from al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) a silk bedding filled with musk. May Allah bestow this favour on all of us.
    Allah knows best.

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Here is an answer I gave some time back, to the same question:

"Wa'alikum Salaam

It is actually two ahadith. The second one is "Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alaihe wasallam) said: "On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other intercessor will have a greater status than the Qura'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel."

As for the status. the first one mentioned here is a portion of an extremly long hadith, that is recorded with two different chains.
    The first is from Ubadah ibn as-Samit (Radhiallahu Anhu) and recorded by ibn abi ad-Dunya in at-Tahajjud (no.30), Harith in his musnad ,Uqaili in his ad-Du'afa etc.
    It has been classified as BAATIL by al-Uqaili, ibn hajr, ibn al-Jawzi, adh-Dhahabi etc.

As for the second chain, it is from Mu'az ibn Jabal (Radhiallahu Anhu) and recorded by al-Bazzar in his Musnad (No.2655), Nasr al-Maqdisi in his Mawaiz etc.
    Classified as MUNKAR MUNQATI' by al-Iraqi, with similar statements from al-Mundhiri and Ibn Hajr.

As for the second hadith :"Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alaihe wasallam) said: "On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other intercessor will have a greater status than the Qura'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel."
    All I could find on it was that al-Iraqi mentioned that is has recorded by Abd al-Malik ibn al-Habib from Said ibn al-Musayyab Mursalan.

Both are very commonly sent around in chain emails and are both are mentioned on Pg.73 of Fadhail e Quran of Hazrat Shaikh.

And Allah Ta'ala knows best"

The conclusion is that the first hadith is extremly weak and shouldn't be quoted, while the strength of the second has not been established.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Mufti sahab, what is the definiton of Munkar Munqati?
    Sheikh Zakariyyah Kandhlawi mentions on page 73 that the first hadith is not considered as concocted. Is he restating the research of an early Scholar, or differing from the view of the others, based on his own research?

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Munkar in this context means fabricated. Some of the books clearly mention it to be so.
    Muntaqi means that there is a link missing in the chain. The narrator from the Sahabi is missing.

Hadhrat Shaikh relied a great deal on Allamah Suyuti, who in spite of being a great muhaddith, was very lenient in his rulings on ahadith.
    This is the main cause for the presence of some very weak narrations in Fadail A'mal.

What generally happened was that a number of muhaddithin would mention a certain chain for a hadith, then classify the hadith as fabricated.
    Allamah Suyuti would then say that there exists another chain which backs it up, thus it isn't fabricated.
    However, upon scrutinising this second chain, it would very often be found to be too weak to be used to back up another narration, as is the case with the hadith under discussion.