Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful And Moving Hadith

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Beautiful And Moving Hadith

for the clarification Mufti sahab.
    What should be our approach (as laymen, unable to explain such particulars as well as you could) when reading this hadeeth in a gathering?

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

The approach I normally use, when reading Fadhail A'mal in a gathering, is to skip such narrations.
    So if you happen to be the one reading, leave out that narration.
    If someone else is reading, then remain silent.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by soofi_saheb View Post

The approach I normally use, when reading Fadhail A'mal in a gathering, is to skip such narrations.
    Mufti Soofi Saheb,

Wouldn't be okay to read the Hadith because the Matn is at least intact i.e. meaningful?

It is reported from Abu Umamah from the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi WaSallam) that he said:

اتَّقُوا فِرَاسَةَ الْمُؤْمِنِ ، فَإِنَّهُ يَنْظُرُ بِنُورِ اللَّهِ

" Fear the Insight of the Believer, for verily he sees with the Light of God"

رقم الحديث: 3362
    المعجم الأوسط للطبراني

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

The problem with reading the hadith out to others would be that they would get the impression that this is indeed a statement of Nabi

When it isn't proven as such, then that impression shouldn't be created.

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Wa Alaykum as-Salam,

You are a very well-balanced scholar, Masha-Allah. May Allah [swt] reward you.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Exclamation Re: Beautiful And Moving Hadith

Here is an answer I gave some time back, to the same question:

"Wa'alikum Salaam

It is actually two ahadith. The second one is "Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alaihe wasallam) said: "On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other intercessor will have a greater status than the Qura'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel."

As for the status. the first one mentioned here is a portion of an extremly long hadith, that is recorded with two different chains.
    The first is from Ubadah ibn as-Samit (Radhiallahu Anhu) and recorded by ibn abi ad-Dunya in at-Tahajjud (no.30), Harith in his musnad ,Uqaili in his ad-Du'afa etc.
    It has been classified as BAATIL by al-Uqaili, ibn hajr, ibn al-Jawzi, adh-Dhahabi etc.

As for the second chain, it is from Mu'az ibn Jabal (Radhiallahu Anhu) and recorded by al-Bazzar in his Musnad (No.2655), Nasr al-Maqdisi in his Mawaiz etc.
    Classified as MUNKAR MUNQATI' by al-Iraqi, with similar statements from al-Mundhiri and Ibn Hajr.

As for the second hadith :"Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alaihe wasallam) said: "On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other intercessor will have a greater status than the Qura'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel."
    All I could find on it was that al-Iraqi mentioned that is has recorded by Abd al-Malik ibn al-Habib from Said ibn al-Musayyab Mursalan.

Both are very commonly sent around in chain emails and are both are mentioned on Pg.73 of Fadhail e Quran of Hazrat Shaikh.

And Allah Ta'ala knows best"

The conclusion is that the first hadith is extremly weak and shouldn't be quoted, while the strength of the second has not been established.
    You are a learned man of Dean and may Allah bless you for your hard work. Which silsila do you follow? Which tariqa? do you undergo Dhikr with others and switch of all the lights?

which country are you from?

thanks

Madhhab
    Hanafi

The problem with reading the hadith out to others would be that they would get the impression that this is indeed a statement of Nabi

When it isn't proven as such, then that impression shouldn't be created.

for your response, out of curiosity what about other Ahadiths which are deemed weak in Fadhail e A'mal, shall we be reluctant in reading them too?

It is reported from Abu Umamah from the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi WaSallam) that he said:

اتَّقُوا فِرَاسَةَ الْمُؤْمِنِ ، فَإِنَّهُ يَنْظُرُ بِنُورِ اللَّهِ

" Fear the Insight of the Believer, for verily he sees with the Light of God"

رقم الحديث: 3362
    المعجم الأوسط للطبراني

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I have the same query as brother Zaynul8njmb2: are there any other ahadeeth in Fadhail-e A'maal that fall in the same category as the above hadeeth, and should be skipped?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Have any other prominent Deobandi Ulama stated such things about Fadhail Amaal? Since i thought only the Salafiyya were against some narrations in the book and avoid reading it. From our side i have only seen ulama defending it.
    And if he were to ask for a gentle lady in marriage, he would be refused, and when he leaves the world it does not miss him, and if he goes out, his going out is not noticed, and if he falls sick, he is not attended to, and if he dies, he is not accompanied to his grave.

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Ansari View Post
    Have any other prominent Deobandi Ulama stated such things about Fadhail Amaal? Since i thought only the Salafiyya were against some narrations in the book and avoid reading it. From our side i have only seen ulama defending it.

I have heard this- that Fadail Amal does contain certain fabricated nanrrations- from my Respected Teacher, the Great Muhaddith and Muhaqqiq, Moulana Fadhlur Rahman Azmi, the Shaikh al-Hadith of Dar al-Ulum Azadville, in South Africa.
    He, like other Ulama, would always defend Fadhail Amal, yet defending it doesn't mean we completely reject realities.

Does the mention of certain fabricated narrations in the book mean the book is worthless?
    Not at all, or else nearly all the books of hadith would have to be cast aside as worthless.

I am sure other hadith inclined Deobandi-Ulama would also treat the issue in a similar light.

So we defend the book, not like the Salafi's who attack it, however we defend it as we defend the other books of hadith, not turning a blind eye to realities.
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

Formerly "soofi_saheb"