Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the proof of Kaza Namaz?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Question What is the proof of Kaza Namaz?

Salam,

i want to know the Proof from the Quran, Sunnah, Ijma' regarding Kaza Namaz.

WaSalaam.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: What is the proof of Kaza Namaz?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuheb1985 View Post
    Salam,

i want to know the Proof from the Quran, Sunnah, Ijma' regarding Kaza Namaz.

WaSalaam.
    if u mean we can offer it or not, then see below and if u mean something other plz inform

During the battle of khandaq many sahaba including prophet mohammed(s.a.s) missed prayers and they offered it later.

On the day of Al-Khandaq (the battle of trench.) 'Umar bin Al-Khattab came cursing the disbelievers of Quraish after the sun had set and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I could not offer the 'Asr prayer till the sun had set." The Prophet said, "By Allah! I, too, have not prayed." So we turned towards Buthan, and the Prophet performed ablution and we too performed ablution and offered the 'Asr prayer after the sun had set, and then he offered the Maghrib prayer.
    similarly even if u miss a sunnat-e-muqeda u can offer it afterwards

"O Allah's Apostle! I have heard you forbidding the offering of these (two Rakat after the 'Asr prayer) but I have seen you offering them." When he had finished the prayer he said, "O daughter of Bani Umaiya! You have asked me about the two Rakat after the 'Asr prayer. The people of the tribe of 'Abdul-Qais came to me and made me busy and I could not offer the two Rakat after the Zuhr prayer. These (two Rakat that I have just prayed) are for those (missed) ones. " (a part of hadith from bukhari)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Bro Abdul Quddus...the above quote refers to Salah unintentionally left...that is they knew that it was to be offered but were not able to offer it...

I have another question regarding Qaza Ummri (those prayers missed after puberty)... i read the detailed fatwa of Mufti Taqi Uthmani on this...he also critcized farhat hashmi on the issue...

Qaza Umri according to Farhat Hashmi has no significance...a muslim after having recognized the importance of Salah if starts to offer it, he does not have to make up the missed prayers of his life time... but Mufti Taqi uthmani says that he has to make it up... both arguments were not convincing...

Madhhab
    Hanafi

but salah is farz and farz is a debt on us, we have to do it at any cost if we are eligible

i stick to mufti taqi usmani statement here, though i like farhat hashmi fatwa , since i have so many qaza and i am clearing it slowly inshallah

if farhat hashmi (i dont know who is he) says its not required then what about fasting in ramazan

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Farhat Hashmi is a she and not a he...

I will see this in detail... the best way is to replace the nafils in every salah with your qadha fardh...

....gone

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Shaykh View Post

Farhat Hashmi is a she and not a he...

oh sorry

Madhhab
    Hanafi

المجموع - (ج 3 / ص 71)
    اجمع العلماء الذين يعتد بهم علي ان من ترك صلاة عمدا لزمه قضاؤها وخالفهم أبو محمد على ابن حزم فقالا لا يقدر علي قضائها ابدا ولا يصح فعلها ابدا قال بل يكثر من فعل الخير وصلاة التطوع ليثقل ميزانه يوم القيامة ويستغفر الله تعالي ويتوب وهذا الذى قاله مع أنه مخالف للاجماع باطل من جهة الدليل وبسط هو الكلام في الاستدلال له وليس فيما ذكر دلالة أصلا

Imam Nawawi r.a says , " There is a consensus among all scholars who matter that whoever deliberately misses the prayer is obliged to make it up. Abu Muhammad Ali Ibn Hazm contravened them in this saying that such a person can never make up the prayer and that doing so can never be valid. What he has said, besides being a violation of scholarly consensus, is untrue from the standpoint of evidence, and despite a prolonged discourse to prove his contention, what he mentions is devoid of anything that bears it out.

Aside from that what is demanded here is a qiyas of a person missing an obligatory act intentionally with one who does it mistakenly..

Of we look at the matter where one intentionally without any excuse broke their fast.. we will see that Rasulullah ordered them to make up their fast with a Qadha. ( A riwaya from Ibn Majah )

showing the point that one who intentionally misses an obligation is obligated to make it up. As for making qiyas from the same hadith of Rasulullah excusing one who was unintentionally overcome by vomit in fast, not having to make it up, on to a case of missing salah unintentionally.. then that is not correct since we have a Sareeh Hadith about missing salah unintentionally and Rasulullah making it up.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

According to al-Qadi as-Safadi [Muhammad Ibn 'Abd ar Rahman as-Safadi] in his book titled The Mercy in the difference of the four Sunni Schools of Islamic law translated by Aisha Bewley, on page 37 it states under the sub heading Making up Missed Fard Payers:

"They [Arba'a A'immah] agree that it is obligatory to make up missed Fardh prayers"

Wallahu A'lam

It is reported from Abu Umamah from the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi WaSallam) that he said:

اتَّقُوا فِرَاسَةَ الْمُؤْمِنِ ، فَإِنَّهُ يَنْظُرُ بِنُورِ اللَّهِ

" Fear the Insight of the Believer, for verily he sees with the Light of God"

رقم الحديث: 3362
    المعجم الأوسط للطبراني

Madhhab
    Maliki

The overwhelming majority of scholars stated that it is obligatory to make up one's missed prayers, regardless of the reason. It is the mashhur of every school and the position that fatwa is given upon. The only exception to this was from Ibn Hazm, Ibn Taymiyyah and the few who followed the latter. Ibn Hazm's contention was discussed by Imam Nawawi and Shaykh Nuh has translated a point by point refutation of it by Shaykh Nuh Ali Salman (if I am not mistaken). With all due respect to Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen, his position seems to be a mixture of both Ibn Hazm and Ibn Taymiyyah's opinions and such a general hadith being applied when other more relevant and analogous hadiths exist - such as that mentioned by abuhajira - in the face of a clear majority, considering the potential other-worldly consequences, following such a minority position is ill advised.

And as far as a group of the Salaf stating otherwise, that remains to be verified, for quite frequently, one will find a wide array of opinions attributed to a single person. And this is the case with Imam Ahmad in this discussion. Following a minority opinion is one thing, but following a minority opinion that contradicts the fatwa position of four schools and one that has serious consequences on one's akhira?
    "Among the qualities of humanness, get rid of every quality
    incompatible with your slavehood so you can answer
    when Allah calls and be near His presence."

From al-Hikam al-'Ata'iyya of Ibn 'Ata Allah

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by AbuBakralHanafi View Post
    As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Most of the scholars said that he should make it up and that his prayer is valid, although he is a sinner (i.e., if he does not repent – and Allaah knows best), as Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthyameen quoted from them in al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 2/89. The view favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) is that it is not valid, and that it is not prescribed for him to make it up. He said in al-Ikhtiyaaraat (34): “It is not prescribed for the one who misses a prayer deliberately to make it up, and the prayer, if he makes it up, is not valid; rather he should do a lot of voluntary (naafil) prayers. This is the view of a group among the Salaf.” One of the contemporary scholars who regarded this view as more correct is Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him); he quoted as evidence for that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whoever does an action that is not in accordance with this matter of ours (i.e., Islam), will have it rejected.” (Agreed upon).

So you must beware of this and strive to perform all the prayers on time, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”

[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

the source of this info is from Shaykh Saalih al-Munajjid's site (that I apparently can't reference here)
    Asslamo Allaikum,

No disrespect intended but I never understood something from the site which you are quoting.

If the Mufti is quoting and declaring that Majority of Scholars agree on something then why does he turn around take the other position?

Surely it is a good thing to follow "Most of the Scholars..." isn't it?

It sounds like Ya; Majority of Scholars said "A" but we don't really care and we think they were incorrect and "B" is the better opinion.

I am simply amazed at the Salafi mindset, they read this blatantly and then choose to follow the Minority opinion and proclaim that they follow the most sound opinion.

I am not criticising, I am just genuinly baffled; to me this is Taqeed i.e. we have decided to follow Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) & the rest is history.