Why not Ghaulam Ahmad Pervez?
Indeed.Originally Posted by mellaliya
For the ignorant person, his books can sound very 'sensible' and appealing.
An Ahmedi guy once gave me a book by him, "Jesus in India", and I made notes etc in refutation to it for him. 'course he wasn't willing to listen.
I'd say shias and qadiyanis are the biggest threats to Islam, because they are attacking it internally.
Shi'ism more so, because it has existed for much longer, and is generally misunderstood and 'something out there'. Combine that with their doctrine of taqiyyah, and you have a really really dangerous group of people.
I don't know if a person is ignorant for agreeing with some things written by Parvez(he's not an Ahmedi). Personally, while I may not always agree with him I do like his writings. Can you tell me what you dislike about him?Originally Posted by tilmeedh
1) Distorted translations
2) Misrepresentation misinterpreting of ahadith
3) Picking and choosing ahadith
4) Using fabricated and weak reports where they 'support' his claims
5) The notion that for 1300 years the ummah was blind
6) Reliance on non-Islamic material to 'prove' his point to an Islamic audience,
and much much more...
Sadly, I do not have the notes with me that I made when I read the book, or I would have presented them here.
Maybe perhaps whenever you have the time and your notes you could give examples. I'm just curiousOriginally Posted by tilmeedh
Ma3a Salama and have a nice evening!
Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim
Sorry sister. But Ghulam Pervex is a kafir.
Anti Hadith Ideology is Kufr
Ghulam Ahmad Pervez, founder of the Anti-Hadith movement which publishes Tulu‘-i-Islam, was declared kafir for his heretical views by the scholars of Pakistan.
1. "Ghulam Ahmad Pervez is a kafir according to Islamic Shari‘ah, and excluded from the pale of Islam. No Muslim woman can remain married to him, nor can a Muslim woman enter into marriage with him. His funeral prayers cannot be said, nor is it permissible to bury him in a Muslim grave-yard. This applies not only to Pervez, but to every kafir. It also applies to any person who is a follower of his in these heretic beliefs. As he has become an apostate (murtadd), it is not permitted by the Shari‘ah to have any kind of Islamic relations with him."
Signed: Wali Hasan Tonki, Mufti and teacher, Muhammad Yusuf Banori, Shaikh al-Hadith,
Madrasa Arabiyya Islamiyya, New Town, Karachi.
2. An organ of Maudoodi’s Jama‘at-i Islami gave the following fatwa about Pervez’s followers:
"If they say that Shari‘ah is only that which is contained in the Quran, and all that is besides this is not Shari‘ah, then this is clear heresy. It is the same kind of heresy as the heresy of the Qadianis. In fact it is worse and more extreme than that." (Article by Maulana Amin Ahsan Islahi, in the daily Tasneem, Lahore, 15 August 1952, p. 12)
just to add in the whole long list of authors to avoid, i want to add :
Doctor Shabir Ahmad MD who sometimes writes in the Urdu Times. he is a munkare hadeeth as understood from his chapter about Bukhari in his book "the criminals of Islam." he has a publishing facility called Beacon Publishing which has couple of more books as well, i will jot them down
I'm designing some CD covers for lectures by Yasir Qadhi. Is there any reason why I should not?
Period. The end. Subhanallah! How easily these words come off our (unqualified) lips. If just for the fact that Rasulullah Salallahu 'aleyhi wa sallam has said"Originally Posted by Abu Hurayrah
"He who says to his brother "O Kaafir!" Then it returns back to one of them."
In another wording, "Whoever addresses a man with Kufr, or says 'Enemy of Allaah' and he is not that, then it returns back upon him"
I do not know of Ghulam Parvez, but if you are truely concerned and a legitimate scholar has made takir, it would suffice to say, "such-and-such scholar has said this," but when you state your own opinion, ie "Such-and-such is a kafir" , then you're putting your own neck on the line.
Well, he considers contemporary Asharis and Maturidis to be deviant in their aqeedah (indeed, this was the topic of his Masters dissertation). Do you wish to help promote the material of an individual who holds such a view?Originally Posted by dherring01
etc...The beliefs and deviations of the Ash'arees are all based upon their anthropomorphic understanding of the Attributes of Allaah...