Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judging others?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Judging others?

What does Islam say about judging others? Particularly since the sinners often say when adviced "don't judge me!"

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: Judging others?

I'm not quite so sure about judging, but I know we are not allowed to accuse anyone. Judging is similar to accusing. Inshallah someone else can explain it better.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

I only know from studying Christianity that they say judge lest ye be judged and he who is without sin may cast the first stone. I do not like to judge anyone, I believe that is Allah's responsibility and since he is the all knowing and all seeing he is truly the greatest at it (and everything )

Junior Member ~*Nomadic Woman*~'s Avatar
    Madhhab
    None

Aoibheal..there are similar teachings like that in Islam ..take a look at this http://www.muslimbridges.org/content/view/997/72/

Despite this you find many Muslims judging their fellow Muslims just because they choose to interpret minor aspects of Islam differently...like the scarf for e.g..or e.g. those brothers who dont have beards or who are more concerned with emulating the Prophet's characteristics.

you will find Muslims who look at disgust at these people, put them down, make them feel inferior, inadequate..and tell them they will end up in Hell.
    Aqoon la'aan waa iftiin la'aan
    ' to be without Knowledge is to be without light'

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Where do you draw the line between judging and enjoining good/forbidding evil?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by godilali View Post
    Where do you draw the line between judging and enjoining good/forbidding evil?
    You can't as many people are so arrogant that even advising them in a polite manner results in "Don't judge me". They don't see that you're merely pointing out to them in a friendly brotherly/sisterly manner what Allah says on the matter. Yet they shout "Only God can judge me!". This is the same Allah who they openly disobey.

These are indeed strange times!

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

I think of it this way: saying that a non-hijabi is committing as sin is merely stating a fact; saying that a non-hijabi is evil or a corrupt person is judging her.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by godilali View Post
    I think of it this way: saying that a non-hijabi is committing as sin is merely stating a fact; saying that a non-hijabi is evil or a corrupt person is judging her.
    absolutely agree with you, though with many even stating obvious facts is deemed judging. Thats what I mean by strange times

Junior Member ~*Nomadic Woman*~'s Avatar
    Madhhab
    None

Why should you judge the nonhijabi sister? you ar eguys and as long as you are not her close friend i dont think you should advise her.

It's not like every nonhijaabi is walking around like a piece of meat..wearing tight clothes or disgracing herself.. i think no one has the right to tell her to wear a headscarf...in fact many hijabis do a lot of unacceptable stuff..on the surface they might look like good people but deleve a bit deeper..and they are most likely beasts.

you should be befriending the such sisters regardless of whether they wear the scarf or not as BOTH are MUSLIMS ..getting to know if there are faaaaar more important things that THEY should be doing..like SALAH, DHIKR SIYAAM, ZAKAH etc.

I absolutely hate it people when make a comment about my dress which is modest and the way i tie my hijab. We come from many cultures and backgrounds and we interpret things differently and understand such things differently..people should respect that and not impose on others their own culturespecific interpretations.
    Aqoon la'aan waa iftiin la'aan
    ' to be without Knowledge is to be without light'

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Nomadic Woman*~ View Post
    Why should you judge the nonhijabi sister? you ar eguys and as long as you are not her close friend i dont think you should advise her.

It's not like every nonhijaabi is walking around like a piece of meat..wearing tight clothes or disgracing herself.. i think no one has the right to tell her to wear a headscarf...in fact many hijabis do a lot of unacceptable stuff..on the surface they might look like good people but deleve a bit deeper..and they are most likely beasts.

you should be befriending the such sisters regardless of whether they wear the scarf or not as BOTH are MUSLIMS ..getting to know if there are faaaaar more important things that THEY should be doing..like SALAH, DHIKR SIYAAM, ZAKAH etc.

I absolutely hate it people when make a comment about my dress which is modest and the way i tie my hijab. We come from many cultures and backgrounds and we interpret things differently and understand such things differently..people should respect that and not impose on others their own culturespecific interpretations.
    You're reading someone else's posts, no one here is judging anyone, so refrain from associating these things with people who have contributed on this post. FYI hijab is a fardh too on a woman as well as a man.

Your posts are peculiar I must say, salams.