Thread: Eyebrow(s)?? For boys/men

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Eyebrow(s)?? For boys/men

Ok so here is my question, is it haram to remove the hairs in the middle of your eyebrows , the islamic commitee said it was permissable but i'm a little shakey on that one. is there any quranic evidence that supports it? I know it is haram to pluck your eyebrows, but I don't know about the hairs or the so called unibrow?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Eyebrow(s)?? For boys/men

isnt that like imitating women if you fix your eyebrows by plucking them in the middle as you are then shaping them? plus only hair men are allowed to pull is ones in pubic areas for cleanliness if you don't have a razor as far as im aware but Allah knows best

Madhhab
    Don't know

I think what he meant by islamic comitee was the "fatwa al ladjna ad daa'ima" whose opinion is the in-between eyebrows is not part of eyebrows this can be removed for women. Now we need to know what our 'ulama say on the matter.

Jooves: what is the proof that we (men) are ONLY allowed to remove pubic hair? If there is no clear statement from sunnah, then the basic principle is that it is permissible (edit : apart from beard of course).
    Last edited by bugmenot; 22-06-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

the Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said: “The fitrah is five things: circumcision, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails, plucking the armpit hairs and shaving the pubic hairs.” (Reported by both Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

So it is clear what is allowed and what is not allowed in this Hadith. So if I do not like the hairs on my legs or arms am I allowed to wax it? The answer is no as it is natural and only women can do so.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Jooves View Post
    So it is clear what is allowed and what is not allowed in this Hadith. So if I do not like the hairs on my legs or arms am I allowed to wax it? The answer is no as it is natural and only women can do so.
    Sorry but I still can't figure out how this hadith indicates it is clearly forbidden to shave, for example, chest hair.
    Answer this: Is removing chest hair haram for example?
    Last edited by bugmenot; 22-06-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Jooves View Post
    the Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said: “The fitrah is five things: circumcision, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails, plucking the armpit hairs and shaving the pubic hairs.” (Reported by both Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

Brother, please refrain from mentioning rulings on issues you are unaware of.
    Either quote fatawa of Ulama or leave it to scholars to answer peoples issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Luwai5400 View Post
    Ok so here is my question, is it haram to remove the hairs in the middle of your eyebrows , the islamic commitee said it was permissable but i'm a little shakey on that one. is there any quranic evidence that supports it? I know it is haram to pluck your eyebrows, but I don't know about the hairs or the so called unibrow?
    The Hanafi madhab does permit a man to pluck some hair from his eyebrows, as long as it doesn't create an impression of effeminacy. ie. it should not resemble females or those males who attempt to resemble females.

وَلَا بَأْسَ بِأَخْذِ الْحَاجِبَيْنِ وَشَعْرِ وَجْهِهِ مَا لَمْ يُشْبِهْ الْمُخَنَّثَ

This ruling is mentioned in al-Madhmarat, at-Tatarkhaniyyah, al-Mujtabah, Hashiyah ibn Abidin etc.

Also, a man is permitted to remove hair from any part of his body, except the beard, which has to be kept a fist-length.

And Allah Ta'ala knows best
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

Formerly "soofi_saheb"

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Husain View Post

Brother, please refrain from mentioning rulings on issues you are unaware of.
    Either quote fatawa of Ulama or leave it to scholars to answer peoples issues.

The Hanafi madhab does permit a man to pluck some hair from his eyebrows, as long as it doesn't create an impression of effeminacy. ie. it should not resemble females or those males who attempt to resemble females.

وَلَا بَأْسَ بِأَخْذِ الْحَاجِبَيْنِ وَشَعْرِ وَجْهِهِ مَا لَمْ يُشْبِهْ الْمُخَنَّثَ

This ruling is mentioned in al-Madhmarat, at-Tatarkhaniyyah, al-Mujtabah, Hashiyah ibn Abidin etc.

Also, a man is permitted to remove hair from any part of his body, except the beard, which has to be kept a fist-length.

And Allah Ta'ala knows best
    Salaam. Can u please give more information on this. I have messy eyebrows I don't want to shape them but just make them normal, not change da shape. Apart from plucking what other permissible methods r there, eg bleaching, etc