Can anybody shed clarity upon the scholars of Saudi Arabia. I have the following questions:
1. Are the majority of them Hanbali or Salafi?
2. Are the influential scholars Hanbali or Salafi? (influential towards the authorities as well as the masses)
3. Shaykh Bin Baz and Uthaymeen (rahimuhullah) - were they salafi or hanbali?
4. Do the salafis have a system of ijaazah before graduating as a scholar or can one become a scholar by self study? Do sunni ulamah recognise the scholarship of the salafis and respect them as such?
5. What is the difference between the salafi scholars, madkhalee scholars Qutubi scholars, Suroori and the Haddadi scholars?
Jazakallahu khairan in advance.