Very good question and I am not qualified enough to answer that but In my humble knowledge and understanding…
1) Many of the Ulama and Soofiyya of Indo-Pak consider that the time for establishment of Khilafah of Muslims is near with Pakistan/Afghanistan being the hub.
2) Khanbaba passed me a book of Shaykh (Allamah) Sarfraz Khan Safdar (DB) and after reading I got the impression that Hazrat (DB) thinks that Ghazwatul-Hind are near
3) Mufti Rafi Usmani (DB) several articles and booklets and it also seems to make a point that revival of Islamic Khilafah is near.
4) Naqshbandi-Mujaddidi Mashaykh also believe that the time is near.
5) Outside of India-Pakistan Imam Anwar Awlaki (not a Sufi) also seems to believe that Khilafah will be restored before 2024 (see my thread about this) and he also considers Pakistan/Afghanistan an area of great importance and crucial to Islamic revival.
6) Loads of Arab and Non-Arab scholars (Sufees and Non-Sufees) in general consider Afghanistan/Pakistan (broder areas) to be the hub of Islamic revival and consider Russian defeat in Afghanistan (1979-1988) to be the tilting point where balance shifted to favour Islam and Muslims.
If you read the situation (without reference to Islam, Sufi’ism or Islamic scholars) even THEN:
1) Britain, one of the Superpowers of its time was defeated in Afghanistan
2) Russia, one of the Superpowers of its time was defeated in Afghanistan
3) US, the SOLE SUPER POWER of its time has been admitted to being Stalemated in Afghanistan…Remember this was first admitted by both Britain and Russians before being defeated and kicked out…
How a 3rd Super-power (after Britain & Russain) proud, arrogant and dependent on its superior military power aided by 40+ countries and 50,000+ soldiers has been humiliated by Allah (SWT) in such a small time is surely a sign from Allah (SWT).
Kuf’r is on moving DOWNWARDS
Islam is on moving UPWARDS
There is no doubt about it!