Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93

Thread: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Ameer Muhammad Akram Awan is very loving person to all of mankind in the whole universe He is the only janasheen of Mulana Allah Yar Khan. viist web site www.oursheikh.org. Thanks


  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Hardstone View Post


    It has been reported by brother who eye-witnessed the situation in Pakistan that:

    1) Shaykh Akram Awan smokes
    2) Shaykh Akram Awan is not particular about his congregational prayers
    3) Shaykh Akram Awan is not particular about certain aspects of Sunnah practise
    4) For a laymen like me in one video he his portrait behind him in the Interview. I don't know any Deobandi, Barelwee, Salafi, Ahl-e-Hadeeth Alim who recommends or approves hanging his own picture, maybe its this video
    5) According to another borther Khilafah was TAKEN AWAY from Shaykh Akram Awan Posthumously by Moulana Allah Yar Khan (RA), Click here to read

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS0a5X0pbbA

    I opened a thread asking for information about Shaykh sometime ago but after recieving credible and verifable information I would NOT seek the company of a Shaykh who is lax in practise of Sunnah and this is the AGREED UPON position of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah in trying to connect yourself to a Shaykh
    Brother colonel,

    If his khilafah was taken away he would not be able to perform tazkiya. Purification of the soul is a feeling and can only be felt. Feelings cannot be described in words. Its like me trying to tell a blind person what the colour red looks like. You should verify the brothers claim by checking it out yourself.

    There is only 1 to find that out. InshAllah in the process you will get your answers to the other questions you have posted aswell.

    Wassalam


  3. #33
    Senior Member suleimanibnsalim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,731

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    If his khilafah was taken away he would not be able to perform tazkiya. Purification of the soul is a feeling and can only be felt. Feelings cannot be described in words. Its like me trying to tell a blind person what the colour red looks like. You should verify the brothers claim by checking it out yourself.
    How do you know your feeling is trully tazkiyah? Tazkiyah refers to leaving bad traits and adorning oneself with good traits. Feelings may help and do help but that is not tazkiyah. Innama al-a`maal bil khawatim...

    Even if we were to accept your batil premise of tazkiyah being a feeling, it would be subjective and impossible to prove, in which it would be befitting to stop discussing it.

    was-salam


  4. #34
    Senior Member xs11ax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    5,934

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Quote Originally Posted by suleimanibnsalim View Post
    How do you know your feeling is trully tazkiyah? Tazkiyah refers to leaving bad traits and adorning oneself with good traits. Feelings may help and do help but that is not tazkiyah. Innama al-a`maal bil khawatim...

    Even if we were to accept your batil premise of tazkiyah being a feeling, it would be subjective and impossible to prove, in which it would be befitting to stop discussing it.

    was-salam


    if london786 was here, he would be able to tell us what he saw when he went to the owaisi khanqah.

    and as br.mundo keeps emphasising not to listen to others and to check the tariqah ourselves, then maybe he might pay heed to london786 as he did check it out himself by staying in their khanqah.

    i will request london786 to say a few things. inshallah he will respond. i also know another brother who i have known for a long time and who i trust. he was very commited to owaisia but completely changed his mind after he had visited the khanqah. london786 also left owaisia after staying at the khanqah.


  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Quote Originally Posted by suleimanibnsalim View Post
    How do you know your feeling is trully tazkiyah? Tazkiyah refers to leaving bad traits and adorning oneself with good traits. Feelings may help and do help but that is not tazkiyah. Innama al-a`maal bil khawatim...

    Even if we were to accept your batil premise of tazkiyah being a feeling, it would be subjective and impossible to prove, in which it would be befitting to stop discussing it.

    was-salam
    The feeling i refer to is that which changes your desires you start to desire Allah more as compared to the duniya. In the process you leave bad traits. You inner desire changes which is tazkiya.

    Feelings give a very subtle indication. Small things like you start to feel the sweetness of salaah of qiyaam of ruku and sajdah. Ramadan has a different sweetness to it. Raeding the quran every verse has within it a world of emotion. These are the feelings i am talking about which are to do with Allahs closeness.

    If it is not tazkiya then it must be disobedience. Well disobedience always leads you away from Allah and never on the straight and narrow.


  6. #36
    Senior Member suleimanibnsalim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,731

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Just to remind you of your flawed logic, you said:

    If his khilafah was taken away he would not be able to perform tazkiya.
    As is always important, you must define the terms. You defined tazkiyah as:

    You inner desire changes which is tazkiya.
    So in other words, you are saying "My inner desires change (your def. of tazkiyah), hence sh. akram a`wan has khilafah". Among the flaws in this argument is that [1] sh. Akram did not do this independently even if we were to accept he did this, and [2] you have no proof that Allah used sh. akram as a means for your inner desires changing. Although you may believe it to be so, it is not an objective reality and you will never be able to prove it, and hence it your argument is futile and will not convince a sane person.

    However, moving on to the more worrying things, you admit:

    disobedience always leads you away from Allah
    If the testimony of many brothers are correct, that Sh. Akram does not pray in jama`ah and this is more than a one-off, than this begins to entail sin i.e. disobedience, at least according to the hanafi madh-hab. Secondly, smoking clearly harms and this is Haram, and at best makruh tahriman, both of which entail sin i.e. disobedience.

    Instead of wasting time on your flawed, futile and subjective argument you presented, please state clearly that sh. Akram does not miss jama`ah habitually, and does not smoke. This is the *only* way of convincing people to your group. If you are going to waste your time with semantics, people will begin to ignore you unless they are gullible.

    was-salam


  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Quote Originally Posted by suleimanibnsalim View Post
    Just to remind you of your flawed logic, you said:


    As is always important, you must define the terms. You defined tazkiyah as:

    So in other words, you are saying "My inner desires change (your def. of tazkiyah), hence sh. akram a`wan has khilafah". Among the flaws in this argument is that [1] sh. Akram did not do this independently even if we were to accept he did this, and [2] you have no proof that Allah used sh. akram as a means for your inner desires changing. Although you may believe it to be so, it is not an objective reality and you will never be able to prove it, and hence it your argument is futile and will not convince a sane person.
    Evidence is there that before I was with him I was different and after practicing the zikr they teach I am different. It has brought about a positive change in me.

    Can you find another explaination to it??

    Quote Originally Posted by suleimanibnsalim View Post
    However, moving on to the more worrying things, you admit:



    If the testimony of many brothers are correct, that Sh. Akram does not pray in jama`ah and this is more than a one-off, than this begins to entail sin i.e. disobedience, at least according to the hanafi madh-hab. Secondly, smoking clearly harms and this is Haram, and at best makruh tahriman, both of which entail sin i.e. disobedience.

    Instead of wasting time on your flawed, futile and subjective argument you presented, please state clearly that sh. Akram does not miss jama`ah habitually, and does not smoke. This is the *only* way of convincing people to your group. If you are going to waste your time with semantics, people will begin to ignore you unless they are gullible.

    was-salam
    I can not argue something to which I have no knowledge. I can only argue something which I have knowledge of. What I do know is he can teach tasawwuf and the zikr they teach is very powerful. Even the critics do not deny this.

    His office is part of the main mosque where jammat is offered. The saffs extend into his office and he can prays from there without having the need to come out.

    Also, on a side not, in history sufi practices have been very strange. For instance couple of hundred years back in India there use to be a group of people that did not fast in the month of ramadan. Not only that they would eat their meals in front of other muslims. On the face of it u would think oh they dont fast not fulfiling fard they must be off the rails completely.

    In reality, what they use to do is travel from one part of the country to another. With regards to fasting, a traveller is exempt from it and has to make up for the fast later on. However, people use to see them eating and curse them aswell that how dare they eat infront of a fasting person.

    The reason they use to do this was to errdicate the pride in them. When people start to curse you it reduces this notion in you that " I am better than them" or "I am more religeous" etc etc. That was the purpose of the exercise and they were not doing anything against shariah, although the general public thought they there.

    Regaring smoking have you seen this

    http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...twa-on-Smoking!!!

    2) If one smokes due to illness and the remedy is by smoking, then this is permissible, provided, there is no intoxication.
    Yes I have read the discussion but wanted to point out there is a difference of opinion.

    Reason I am telling you this to raise accusations agaisnt someone when you dont know their situation is not a wise thing to do. People have done takfir against sufis like Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi RA aswell.

    Anyhow there is no doubting that he is a major player in tasawwuf and the zikr is very powerful. The critics do not deny that To raise accusations for things people dont understand is not a wise thing to do.

    Finally, tazkiya and shariah go hand in hand. The feelings derived from tazkiya can not be absorbed until and unless someone abides by shariah. Think of it as shariah is the circuit or electic device tazkiya is the battery/electricity that makes it run.

    If someone is not on sharia the circuit is broken and electricity will not pass through it hence no feelings. All their zikr will be in vein. The 2 go hand in hand.

    If this is the rule for a seeker the sheikh must well be on the shariah or he can not absorb them let alone distribute them. They complement one another. That is why the proof is in the fact that he can bring about feelings ie. lataif and muraqabat in some1.


  8. #38
    Mufti
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    500

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Quote Originally Posted by mundo View Post
    Evidence is there that before I was with him I was different and after practicing the zikr they teach I am different. It has brought about a positive change in me.

    Can you find another explaination to it??



    I can not argue something to which I have no knowledge. I can only argue something which I have knowledge of. What I do know is he can teach tasawwuf and the zikr they teach is very powerful. Even the critics do not deny this.

    His office is part of the main mosque where jammat is offered. The saffs extend into his office and he can prays from there without having the need to come out.

    Also, on a side not, in history sufi practices have been very strange. For instance couple of hundred years back in India there use to be a group of people that did not fast in the month of ramadan. Not only that they would eat their meals in front of other muslims. On the face of it u would think oh they dont fast not fulfiling fard they must be off the rails completely.

    In reality, what they use to do is travel from one part of the country to another. With regards to fasting, a traveller is exempt from it and has to make up for the fast later on. However, people use to see them eating and curse them aswell that how dare they eat infront of a fasting person.

    The reason they use to do this was to errdicate the pride in them. When people start to curse you it reduces this notion in you that " I am better than them" or "I am more religeous" etc etc. That was the purpose of the exercise and they were not doing anything against shariah, although the general public thought they there.

    Regaring smoking have you seen this

    http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...twa-on-Smoking!!!



    Yes I have read the discussion but wanted to point out there is a difference of opinion.

    Reason I am telling you this to raise accusations agaisnt someone when you dont know their situation is not a wise thing to do. People have done takfir against sufis like Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi RA aswell.

    Anyhow there is no doubting that he is a major player in tasawwuf and the zikr is very powerful. The critics do not deny that To raise accusations for things people dont understand is not a wise thing to do.

    Finally, tazkiya and shariah go hand in hand. The feelings derived from tazkiya can not be absorbed until and unless someone abides by shariah. Think of it as shariah is the circuit or electic device tazkiya is the battery/electricity that makes it run.

    If someone is not on sharia the circuit is broken and electricity will not pass through it hence no feelings. All their zikr will be in vein. The 2 go hand in hand.

    If this is the rule for a seeker the sheikh must well be on the shariah or he can not absorb them let alone distribute them. They complement one another. That is why the proof is in the fact that he can bring about feelings ie. lataif and muraqabat in some1.
    Powerful dhikr and being able to create feelings or muraqabaat in a person is not a condition for an accomplished shaykh. If somebody has the ability to do exercise some sort of tasarruf in a mureed, this is by no means the hallmark or criteria for being a shaykh worthy of making bay'at with. Observance of the Shari'a is the fundamental and indispensable standard for an accomplished shaykh, but which in this case, is being conveniently brushed under the carpet and being overridden by a flawed understanding of what tazkiya entails.

    Feelings and experiences are not essential for tazkiya. Shaykh Abdul Malik Naqshbandi (rahmatullahi alayhi) used to say, "If I want to, I can make the mureed traverse all the asbaaq of the Naqshbandi silsila instantly but that is not the purpose. The purpose is islaah." (Note: this is a different shaykh to Shaykh Abdul Malik Siddiqui (rahmatullahi alayhi), shaykh of Hazrat Pir Ghulam Habib Naqshbandi (rahmatullahi alayhi)).


  9. #39
    Senior Member xs11ax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    5,934

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan



    i have first hand experience of the owaisi group in the UK.

    they are very far from shariah indeed. they are not very mindful of the sunnah and some of the ahkaams of the shariah. even their majaaz is guilty of this. the people i used to join the zikr with used to claim lofty status and kashf, but their kashf did not stop them from appointing an ameer who uses haram drugs to get intoxicated. i have been threatened by them and shunned by them as i started openly questioning their jamaat and their shaikh. they are not far from being cult like. they even told everyone not to talk to or associate with bro. london786. this was when he was in the jamaat. for some reason they were very afraid of br.london786. when the brother was up north once, he wanted to join the majlis but would not allow him to attend. they would not even speak to him on the phone lol. i was at the house where they do their zikr once and was talking to br.london786. brother wanted to speak to some of the owaisi lot but they ran off to different parts of the house to hide! one guy even went into the toilet???? seriously, for some reason they were afraid of london786. if anyone wants to see their local ameer buying drugs then i can personally show them. i could go on all night talking about all the things that i have witnessed first hand. they dont even have any unity amongst themselves. worse then that. they have a lot of hatred and jealousy towards the different ameers and jamaats. they even do nasty gheebat of their own UK majaz.

    yes, the zikr is very powerful, but that has nothing to do with the self proclaimed moulana, akram awan. he claims to have received his ilm from the unseen hence gave himself the title of moulana. the zikr has nothing to do with him. he did not invent pas n fas. he also did not give birth to the auliya of the owaisi line from which the spiritual benefit of pas n fas eminates from.

    many of akrams followers are blind. i pointed out to one of his followers about the portrait that akram hangs on his wall. first thing he did was try to find excuses and say that the portrait is a digital image hence allowed by some ulama, eventhough the owaisi lot do not even try to cover up the fact that it is a painting. they admit themselves that it is a painting. then the guy sent me a link to a obscure maliki view that said paintings are allowed BUT they are disliked. its not just about the painting though. why would anyone want their own portrait hanging from a wall if it is not for pride, vanity, and show?

    i got some even worse news! it seems that akram is now training up his son who does ot even follow the sunnah to lead his jamaat. his son has started leading some of his zikr majlis from what i have found out. this is a classic sign of a dodgy peer!

    they also seem to have a identity problem.....i have asked on different occasions if they are deobandi/barelwi/something else. i was told by the guy who admins their paltalk that we are neither, i have been told by some mureeds that we are deobandi, and as for the majaz of UK i was embarassed to ask him as he holds his majlis in a barelwi masjid.


  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    4,118

    Default Re: Shaykh Muhammad Akram Awan

    Due to my dear friend xs11xs and due to the misgivings of mundo saheb I shall have to comment.

    The good thing about the owaisi silsila is that I would have an extremely great feeling and to be fair concentration in salah did improve too but there were some problems;

    1. It seemed like a person to move maqam had to rely on the majaaz who was based in Birmingham. Now this guy moved people up or down based on their closeness to him and nothing else. So for example if you were good mates with him you moved from latifa 1 to 7 pretty quickly. If however you were like me a person who asked many difficult questions then it would take time.

    2. Salah with jamaat in the masjid was not emphasised. Let me give you 1 example. It is time for maghrib and instead of praying in the masjid these guys would do jamaat at home. When I would say I'm going to the masjid they would state that it's all the same.

    3. The sunnah was almost totally shunned. The guys were clueless about sunnah. I mean wearing trousers below ankles etc.

    4. They were dismissive of all other tariqas/shaykhs.

    5. Lack of regard for purdah. The majaz infront of me walked into a room full of ladies and started chatting to them without any veil etc. Some of these guys even bragged about it and told me he did not mind doing mixed zikr if it spread the silsila.

    Anyway all of these things were too much for me so I decided once and for all I shall go to Pakistan and meet the shaykh myself. I had phoned him from the UK and asked him about wearing trousers above the ankles and he said it is better...Anyway so last year I went for around 2-3 weeks to pakistan to spend time with the shaykh. The following were my observations;

    I noticed the shaykh would wear trousers below the ankles and I was mocked by many people there including majaz. The UK majaz told me off and said all the qutub, abdaals etc are here and they don't wear trousers like you (i.e. above the ankles)

    The shaykh had massive pictures of himself all over the place.

    There was intense zikr but the shaykh hardly came to spend time with any of the mureeds. He used to come and do the question and answers or give a bayan for around 45-115 mins per day but apart from that you could not see him. He would lead zikr from his office and everyone would follow via the speaker system. He used to say that he is busy and therefore cannot come as he is doing many things but whenever I went to the office he was just reading newspapers and chilling with the some people. I could not see how he was busy. He used to tell the mureeds that he is so busy and during the ijtimah he hardly visits his family though his house was close. I however observed him and could not see how he was busy.

    He hardly covered his head unless he came to give the bayan. He would walk around and sit bear headed most of the time. I also noticed that he would wear a turbun without a topi which is clearly against the hadeeth.

    He would tell mureeds in open bayans not to bring presents etc and I personally witnessed him taking gifts in private and he did not object. Also he personally requested the UK majaz to bring him an iphone from the UK. It seemed to me that he said one thing and did another. In his bayans he talked about following the sunnah but in his practical life he was far from it.

    He would not pray salah with the rest of the people but rather would pray in his office due to security (I did not see him pray). His office was adjacent to the masjid so some people were saying he prays with jamaat but I don't know how it is possible. The point is I have personally witnessed all the deobandi ulema pray in the masjid with the congregation. You know mufti rasheed ahmed ludhainvi rh was targetted many times and once even shot whilst he was praying but he still prayed in the masjid.

    The question and answers were really funny. He hardly answered the questions. The question and answers are still available and any objective person can see how poorly he answered them. He kept on saying do mutala. He kept on talking about the library that they have but it is more a private collection that no-one really reads. He also mentioned in his Q and A that there are major ulema here. I was there and at best there were 3 or 4 mediocre alims (except a pathan alim buzrug). The people around there were mocking ulema due to the questions and his sarcastic tone of answering them. He had a hatred for ulema. He mentioned the fact that ulema use a hila to charge for imaamat etc. He even mentioned to some journalists in his office that the reason why most people send their kids to become alims is because they want food and water and if you provide food and water no-one will go to this maulvis.

    Whilst I was there there was a book being published (maybe it has been published) and it lists various muraqabahs etc. In the intro to the book akrama awan saheb claims that one of his followers went to deoband and no-one could tell him about qalbi zikr. Now I know deoband these days has it's problems but you are telling me that the likes of maulana Arshad madni db and mufti saeed ahmed palanpuri do not know about qalbi zikr?

    That reminds me of another statement he made. He stated that maulana ahmed ali lahori did not teach any of his followers about lataif. Now what kind of rubbish talk is that? I mean you can still meet the khulafah and they clearly know about lataif.

    Also Mundo the saffs do not extend into his office. Who told you this rubbish.

    The UK majaz is a clear lier and when I phoned him first time and said I had been doing chisti zikr for 6 years he said your first latifa is still not active. He told me this over the phone. However later he contradicted himself by stating he had no kashf. So how could he tell over the phone that my first latifa was not active? He was clearly lieing.

    Akram Awan is a known exaggarator. I was in his office and he told some journalists that he leads zikr for people over the world and this has takes a lot of power. He leads zikr on paltalk once a day and around 30 people take part. He made out as if he was leading some big thing.....

    I have met many many mashaikh alhamdulillahj. The sunnah in their life is exemplry. The same cannot be said of akram awan. They guys can't even put their shoes on with the right and take them with the left...or enter the masjid with the right foot....

    The majaz is such a jahil that I gave him a book to give to akram awan. He got angry and said akram awan is the sidique of the age and is not in need of books. What are you triyng to do he asked me. He knows everything. Compare this answer to what a mureed of maulana zakariya jogwari db told me when i gave him a book. He told me that the books are the best gifts he has got....

    with regards to mundo's excuse that criticism is fine as it makes a person not have pride and think low of himself....lol...ask jav12345 and xs11xs..these owaisis have the most pride...our tariq is the best...our shaykh is sidique...i have maqam of baqa higher than maulana yusuf khandalwi..all other tariqas give crums and we give the cake....these guys have a big head due to this so-called rohani bayt which is given like candy to those who flatter the majaz.....

    Also in the history of the naqshbandi silsila name me who 1 shaykh who mentioned that the naqshbandi silsila has 2 branches...owaisi and mujadidi...this is an incorrect statement...owaisi is a way of getting nisbat that some mashaikh of all silsilas had.....it has never been classified as a separate main branch of the mujadidis.

    Anyway these are some of the points....

    Go and meet shaykh asif hussain farooqi db of the UK, maulana ismail wadee db of blackburn and maulana motala db of Bury and maulana Hashim saheb...see the true sufis....and compare them to the fake akram awan....world of difference....compare the tafsir written by akram awan or any of his books and compare it to any of the great deobandi mashaikh....there is no comparison...

    there is 1 brother who might read this and i do love him and i dont want him to be offended. I love you bro but I think your following the wrong group....

    No ulema of pakistan endorse this group...find me an alim linked to any of the major institutes who endorse this tariqa????


Similar Threads

  1. Fatwa on Akram Awan
    By TN007 in forum History
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-05-2011, 01:00 PM
  2. Akram Awan
    By SomeGuySeekingKnowledge in forum Biographies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 01:01 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-11-2008, 11:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •