As salaamu alaykum.
After researching books that cover the topic of Sarf in the English language, my preliminary conclusions leads me to believe that the following three are among the better ones:
1) Easy Etymology (http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/produc...roducts_id=857)
2) Imdad us Sarf (http://alkarampublications.com/index...art&Itemid=105)
[Endorsed by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and recommended by the Hanbali Texts Society)
3) From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology (http://www.al-inaam.com/books_index.htm)
[VERY COMPREHENSIVE and FREE]
Given the above, I have a few questions:
1) Are there any texts that cover the topic of sarf, in English, that you feel should be added to the list above?
2) If one is attempting to master Sarf (on their own), wihch of the two text, Easy Etymology or Imdad us Sarf would you recommend that one study first before tackling the more advanced and comprehensive "From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology"? Or would you suggest, if time permits, studying both before "From the Treasures of Arabic Morpohology"?
3) Are there any specific tips, tricks, or suggestions that you'd have for the study of Sarf that are often neglected by most beginners?
Those who hold the answers to the above, please share them.