Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

  1. #1
    Senior Member sajaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    100

    Default Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    I got a forward from a friend (who had no idea of the source), with a ppt called 'Pictures of graves of prophets and ahlebait'. It contained photographs of tombs and other sites with the below descriptions.
    I'm apprehensive about the truthfulness of these photographs and was wondering if anyone else has heard of the existence of these sites.

    - Foot mark Of Hazrat Adam AS in Sri Lanka. First footmark On Earth.
    - Amma Hawwa in Jeddah
    - Abeel, son of Adam AS, first grave on earth, in Jordan.
    - This is the place from where the Toofan-e-Nooh started, its in Musjid-e-Koofa, Iraq
    - Grave of Hazrat Youshe, first Prophet after Adam, its in Jordan.
    - Grave of Hazrat Ibrahim Al-Khalil, Israel.
    - Grave of Hazrat Lot in Iraq
    - Grave of Hazrat Saleh AS
    - Grave Of Prophet Moosa AS In Israel.
    - Tomb Of Moosa AS and His Companions
    - Grave Of Prophet Haroon
    - Grave Of Prophet Zakariya
    - Grave Of Prophet Yahya, its in Jama Masjid Damascus.
    - Roza Imam Hasan
    - Bilal Habashi in Damascus.
    - Inside of the grave of Rasool Allah Muhammed SAW
    and some important graves in Jannat ul Baqi

    The last two seemed to be correct, but are any of the other sites preserved to date?


  2. #2
    Senior Member MujahidAbdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,497

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    I heard the one existing picture of inside the tomb of Rasoolullah(SAW) was fake. Unless you have a different one than what Ive seen.

    there is already a thread with alot of these pictures and comments on them here at:
    http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...=Rare+pictures


  3. #3
    Senior Member sajaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    Jazakallah brother for the link you provided. It has a lot of good stuff posted, though im still a bit doubtful about the pictures of tombs.


  4. #4
    Banned JayshAllah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Don't know
    Posts
    831

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    The Muslims would follow the Jews and Christians inside the lizard hole.


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    6,230

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    Quote Originally Posted by sajaff View Post
    Jazakallah brother for the link you provided. It has a lot of good stuff posted, though im still a bit doubtful about the pictures of tombs.


    i believe 95% of them are fake and ofcourse jayshAllah is 101% correct

    what islam has got to do with those pictures

    Prophet cleared all the pictures from Mecca and today muslims again gather them


  6. #6
    Senior Member sajaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulquddus View Post


    i believe 95% of them are fake and ofcourse jayshAllah is 101% correct

    what islam has got to do with those pictures

    Prophet cleared all the pictures from Mecca and today muslims again gather them
    Obviously, following islam has got nothing to do with any of those sites or artifacts. But they are symbols of Islamic history. Like for example, the Kaabah is just a building, it is nothing in itself but serves as a symbol of Islam. The sight of it reminds us of the supremacy of Allah, the lives of our prophets and the events that took place in establishment of Islam. For me these places and artifacts, though not as important as the Kaabah, evoke similar thoughts.
    Please dont turn this into a discussion on the views on photography. I would just like to know if the sites I mentioned are preserved to date because I hadnt heard of them before?


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    6,230

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    Quote Originally Posted by sajaff View Post
    Obviously, following islam has got nothing to do with any of those sites or artifacts. But they are symbols of Islamic history. Like for example, the Kaabah is just a building, it is nothing in itself but serves as a symbol of Islam. The sight of it reminds us of the supremacy of Allah, the lives of our prophets and the events that took place in establishment of Islam. For me these places and artifacts, though not as important as the Kaabah, evoke similar thoughts.
    Please dont turn this into a discussion on the views on photography. I would just like to know if the sites I mentioned are preserved to date because I hadnt heard of them before?


    kaaba holds an important position in islam. Prophet said which nearly means " you can visit three places with intention of seeing (means we wont be doing sin if we go there with the intention of seeing), and they are Masjid Al-Aqsa, Masjid al-Haram, and Masjid-e-Nabvi " (may be it is in bukhari, if anyone finds it i will be thankful, i may be quoting it wrong way).

    it means even if u go there without intention of praying ur not doing sin. hope u got it, though we can agree it may give support to our eman but there is no meaning in storing them. bcoz the seerah shows us that we arent ordered to preserve something except our eman and amaal. and i doesnt mean that we should remove those signs, but we should not make a storing in museum thing.

    and the pictures above have no source or authenticity, so there is no need at all to believe in them

    edit: got the above hadith

    a sahabi who participated with Prophet in twelve gazawat said :

    "I heard four things from Allah's Apostle (or I narrate them from the Prophet ) which won my admiration and appreciation. They are:

    1. "No lady should travel without her husband or without a Dhu-Mahram for a two-days' journey.
    2. No fasting is permissible on two days of 'Id-ul-Fitr, and 'Id-al-Adha.
    3. No prayer (may be offered) after two prayers: after the 'Asr prayer till the sun set and after the morning prayer till the sun rises.
    4. Not to travel (for visiting) except for three mosques: Masjid-al-Haram (in Mecca), my Mosque (in Medina), and Masjid-al-Aqsa (in Jerusalem)."
    Last edited by not known; 02-11-2008 at 08:09 AM.


  8. #8
    Senior Member MohammadMufti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanbali
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    919

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    Obviously, following islam has got nothing to do with any of those sites or artifacts. But they are symbols of Islamic history.
    The problem is that they are not They are symbols, quite often, of fraudulent attempts at attracting tourism, followers, etc. to some location. I believe we should follow sunnah of Khulafa-Rashideen (ra) on this matter and deal with it as they did.
    Ya al-'Alee (swt)
    mohammadmufti.blogspot.com
    Parachinar ko bhoolna nahi.


  9. #9
    Senior Member sajaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulquddus View Post


    kaaba holds an important position in islam. Prophet said which nearly means " you can visit three places with intention of seeing (means we wont be doing sin if we go there with the intention of seeing), and they are Masjid Al-Aqsa, Masjid al-Haram, and Masjid-e-Nabvi " (may be it is in bukhari, if anyone finds it i will be thankful, i may be quoting it wrong way).

    it means even if u go there without intention of praying ur not doing sin. hope u got it, though we can agree it may give support to our eman but there is no meaning in storing them. bcoz the seerah shows us that we arent ordered to preserve something except our eman and amaal. and i doesnt mean that we should remove those signs, but we should not make a storing in museum thing.

    and the pictures above have no source or authenticity, so there is no need at all to believe in them
    Quote Originally Posted by MohammadMufti View Post
    The problem is that they are not They are symbols, quite often, of fraudulent attempts at attracting tourism, followers, etc. to some location. I believe we should follow sunnah of Khulafa-Rashideen (ra) on this matter and deal with it as they did.
    JazakAllah for your inputs.

    I read this thread again and I think I got the wrong idea of what you were trying to tell me . I apologize for that. I mentioned the Kaabah only as an example of an object that is important in islam, but it doesnt mean that we are giving it a status above iman and amaal. Also a place like Jannat ul Baaqi is also visited while people are in Madinah but this also is not given such a status. I was referring to pictures of such places and also the pictures of some artifacts that are shared on another thread on this forum.

    Now tombs, such as in most of the pictures I mentioned, I completely agree with both of you. You dont see anything but wrong practices at such places and most of them are wrongly promoted as places of worship. I have read the hadith you quoted before. As per my knowledge, this hadith refers to this practice i.e. turning these places associated with prophets (or prominent persons) into mosques and places of worship. But I have not read of this hadith applying to artifacts in museums.

    Since museums have come up, I'd like to discuss more about it. Publicizing something unauthentic is definetely wrong. But what about if there is proof of something being authentic?
    I had once heard about Khalid bin Al-Waleed (RA) keeping a hair of the Prophet (SAW) with him. I was under the impression that this incident was false as it has been twisted and interpreted in all sorts of ways to suggest that he(Ra) kept it for its powers of protection and such unislamic beliefs. But recently, I was reading a book called Al-Khaleefa-e-Rashideen, in which this incident was referred to but it was presented as something kept out of memory of Rasul(SAW) and not as having spiritual powers.
    So on one hand, it seems its not wrong to preserve such things as swords, turbans etc, but on the other hand we can see how much harm it can do with wrong knowledge and giving incorrect attributes to such items.
    So what does the sunnah say about this? Can you elaborate how the Khaleefa had dealt with this? Are there any specific incidents or other hadiths that can be applied to this?


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Graves of prophets - are these sites real?

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulquddus View Post
    Prophet said which nearly means " you can visit three places with intention of seeing (means we wont be doing sin if we go there with the intention of seeing), and they are Masjid Al-Aqsa, Masjid al-Haram, and Masjid-e-Nabvi " (may be it is in bukhari, if anyone finds it i will be thankful, i may be quoting it wrong way).

    4. Not to travel (for visiting) except for three mosques: Masjid-al-Haram (in Mecca), my Mosque (in Medina), and Masjid-al-Aqsa (in Jerusalem)."
    Just wondering, (a quick question)

    There was a time that Allah sent an angel asking His beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to prepare for journey to travel for Ohad where the Battle Ohad took place, to pray for the 70 shaheed companions at the graveyard at Ohad.

    Now Ohad is not in Madina as of that time, that is also why it was selected as a battle field because its location was out of city, and to go to Ohad Mountains from Madina, anyone else had to prepare self for a journey, and Prophet Muhammad (SAW) had to prepare for travel as well.

    Why did Prophet Muhammad (SAW) Travel to a place which is not mentioned in the above Hadith?


Similar Threads

  1. Are the prophets alive in their graves?
    By MartialArtistUK in forum General Islam
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 22-07-2011, 03:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-01-2011, 01:56 PM
  3. Any good sites on history of the prophets?
    By mosa707 in forum General Islam
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-05-2008, 04:14 PM
  4. Prophets are living in their graves
    By Muhammed Bahauddin in forum In-depth Aqeedah
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-12-2005, 09:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •