Thread: Jummah Khutbah in Arabic Sample

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Jummah Khutbah in Arabic Sample

Assalamu Alaikum,

I am looking for a sample Arabic khutbah to be read in Jummah. It would be great if it's short. One of the brothers at high school Masha Allah has taken an initiative to start Jummah and he wants it short and precise because of time limitations.

I told him after consulting a scholar to do a 1-2 min Khutbah in Arabic with the sit-down in between and lead the Salah. BTW, the brother is a hafiz, Masha Allah.

Can someone please help? I need to get him this Khutbah before Friday so he can start.

Jazak Allah Khair
    Wassalamu Alaikum

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Jummah Khutbah in Arabic Sample

as-salamu 'alaykum,

One of my all time favorites: http://www.imamtahir.com/content/Khutbas/Khutba1.mp3

Second khutbah also on this page: http://imamtahir.com/itao.php

wassalaam
    HA

Madhhab
    Hanbali

I have here a short (8 line) khutba by Hazrat Uthman zun Naureen (ra) on the topic of mannerisms of the listener to the khutba, in the book "Khutbat un Nabi" by Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (rah). Unfortunately, I don't have 'Arabic stickers on my keyboard but I can type up the transliteration and the translation unless somebody has a copy of it online (it's page 38) and I believe it's the shortest khutba in the book. Unfortunatly, in my transliterations in the book, it doesn't distinguish like 3yn from alif or H from h.

Alhamdu lillahi rabbil 'alameen ahmadohu wa asta'eenohu wa nas alohul karamata fee ma ba'dal maute fa innahu qadadna ajalee wa ajalokum wa ashhado ana laa illaha illallaho wah dahu la shareeka lahu wa anna muhammadan 'abdohu wa rasulahu arsalahu bil haqqe basheeran wa nazeeranw wa sirajam muneeral li yunzira man kana hay-yanw wa yya hiqqal qaulo 'alal kaafireena wa many-yuti illaha wa rasulahu faqad rashada wa many-yase-hima faqad dalla dalalam mubeenan iza qamal imamo yakhtubo yaumal jumu'aate fas-tame-oo lahoo fa anse tu fa inna lil munsetil lazi la yasma-o minal hazze misla malil munse tis-sa-ame-e fa iza aqamatis-salato fa aadilus sufoofa ha zoo bil mana kibe fa inna fi dalas sufoofe min tama mis salate.

The praise is due to Allah, the Master of the creation of the entire universe. I do praise Him and seek His help. And we seek honor from Him in the life after death. It is a fact that the appointed time for myself and for yourself has approached nearer. And I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah. He hath no partner and Muhammad is His servant and apostle. He sent him as a giver of glad tiding and warner and as a flashing lamp so that he warns to anyone who is alive. And his promise of retribution to the disbelievers is proved. And whoever obeys Allah and His prophet he has got the right path and whoever disobeys Allah and His prophet he is on the wrong path. When the Imam stands to deliver a sermon on Friday, listen to him attentively and in peace. Because one who observes peace and is unable to hear the sermon gets as much reward as one who observes peace and hears it. After the sermon is over and the people stand up for salat, straighten your lines by dressing your shoulders (means stand shoulder to shoulder). Because the straightening of the rows is aimed for the completion of the salah.

The translation and transliteration weren't perfect so I tried to fix what I could. What you guys are trying to set up is very good, may Allah (swt) give you all the reward in it (amen).
    Ya al-'Alee (swt)
    mohammadmufti.blogspot.com
    Parachinar ko bhoolna nahi.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jazak Allah Khair for the help...

Wassalamu Alaikum