Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite attar/ ittar/ fragrance?

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Default Re: What's your favourite attar/ ittar/ fragrance?

From the lessons of Seerah we learnt by Shaykh Khabbaab Ahmad,

that our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam loved the 'Oud perfume & the Amber perfume. So if one is wealthy, then use the 'Oud, otherwise stick to the Amber. A perfect example for all to follow in the blessed life of our beloved Prophet. What more are we in need of?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by Nawawy View Post
    From the lessons of Seerah we learnt by Shaykh Khabbaab Ahmad,

that our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam loved the 'Oud perfume & the Amber perfume. So if one is wealthy, then use the 'Oud, otherwise stick to the Amber. A perfect example for all to follow in the blessed life of our beloved Prophet. What more are we in need of?
    Do you have any narrations akhi? Also, any specific kind of oudh mentioned?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by RashidD View Post
    Do you have any narrations akhi? Also, any specific kind of oudh mentioned?
    Anyone?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Thumbs down Re: What's your favourite attar/ ittar/ fragrance?

salaam wrwb

I've bought from perfume parlour, leicester address before, i found your oils to be ok but not high quality, my having had free samples from Muqtalif Scents and rather than money, his knowledge seemed high as he knew alot about attars and ahadith regarding perfume in Islam, i prefered his Oud and Deer Musk powder which is 100% pure and very nice. I've also tried many others inc Ajmal in Dubai, as far as Muqtalif Scents tells me he travels around the world and buys direct from Malaysia, yemen india etc, try

info@muqtalifscents.co.uk

All the best brothers and sisters

Ma'salaam

Madhhab
    Don't know

Smile Re: What's your favourite attar/ ittar/ fragrance?

Zahras Perfume http://perfume.zahras.com provides free samples of top Arabic Perfumes (postage not included)

They have the LARGEST Collection of Arabic Perfumes on the NET and the BEST prices !

They usually include gifts and samples with each order and have the LATEST releases !

Ship worldwide.

(Wholesalers and Resellers welcome)

Exquisite Islamic Jewelry - Custom Made for You.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

This thread needs to be alive.

Did anyone try this store? He sells deer musk, the real ones.

http://www.agarscentsbazaar.com/serv...ER%29-3/Detail

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Natural Musk

I came across some interesting comments regarding the musk sold at the mentioned web site:

ajmc said:

www.agarscentsbazaar.com
    I own one bottle each of their 100% pure "White" Ambergris and Agar Musk (Deer) Black w/Cambodi Oudh. Plus i have samples of many of their other oils. These musks are the real deal! They are beyond comparison.

They are very generous with giving samples when you buy something. If i were you, i would buy one thats on the cheaper side and then ask for samples of some of the higher end musks. My recommendation would be the Musk Gazelle (Deer). This stuff is incredible -- it smells much more expensive than it is.

The more i think about it, Sharif (the owner) just might send some samples for free. He is very gracious when answering questions and he sounds like he is one of us -- a true lover of scents.

Taz said:

I've purchased both of Agarscents White and Red Musks (the expensive ones)..Now I'm no expert when it comes to discerning quality but I have sniffed enough in my time =) ...I would like to state what I've observed of these:

First off his in his description he says it's been distilled..I haven't asked him about it.. Does seem odd.. But in my discussions about the musks with him he said that its a mixture of 0.02% rose and the rest is musk..The rose gives it a more palatable fragrance.. So it seems that its a non alcoholic infusion..i.e. something similar to what is done with musk & sandalwood.

Now what has me convinced that it is genuine is the smell itself.. Also when I put on half a drop on the skin it lasts about a day.. Okay maybe longevity is not enough. Another thing that bolsters the case for me is that my family complained that I smelt of deer literally..This was also when I put on half a drop..I slept in my brothers bed and the next night he couldnt sleep in it cause he could smell the deer on his comforter lol..

Maybe even thats not enough for ppol, but this one certainly is for me...I put on a quarter of a drop and both my cats just went CRAZY!!.. They're males and started displaying mating behavior..lol.. I had to wash it off but the damage was done.. I think an animal would be the best judge..If you want to know if its real or not, take it to them..!!

P.S I finally got to ask him about the word 'distilled' in the description..He said it is meant for the sandalwood which the musk is infused in.

evogel said:

I just had to add my 2 cents...
    I agree w/Taz above. I tried the Agarscents Red and White musks plus the Dhen Black Musk.
    While I certainly understand that this may not be real deer musk, these musks are from another world.

I have absolutely no desire to ever go back to MKK, Kiehls, LV, Etro, etc., etc.,etc.
    The depth, complexity, longevity and power of the Red, White and Black are unmatched by anything I have previously encountered.
    I think I am anosmic to some synthetic musks but with these scents everything comes through loud and clear.

While the Red and White are cost prohibitive, the Dehn Black is priced in the low end of niche territory and lest ye think that "it's only 3ml" because if you applied the 1 drop a day it would take for the full effect, the bottle would last you a good long time.
    I sure wish I had the capability to analyze what's in those bottles.

Edit to add: I tried it with my lovely cat, a spayed female and she was repulsed by the scents...whatever that means! She is usually fine with any SOTD but with these musks, she refused to even sniff my arm.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Natural Musk

Khus (vetiver in english)... heard it's Haji Abdulwahab Saab's fav too...

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Does anyone know if it is legal in USA to buy natural musk online from ebay or http://www.agarscentsbazaar.com/ ?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by verdana View Post

Does anyone know if it is legal in USA to buy natural musk online from ebay or http://www.agarscentsbazaar.com/ ?

Who cares if its legal?

Regarding musk bro, I would like to ask a few questions. First, are there different types of 'real' musk? Also, wouldn't it be more expensive than advertised on that website? I always thought that 100% pure musk would be like £300 for maybe 3ml

And do you know whether that website is legit/real deal?

Basically, I want to wear the exact same musk that the Messenger wore/spoke about. I mean literally, the exact same type/combination/concentration