14 23.33%
  • Neither

38 63.33%
Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Deobandi/Barelwi Thread

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by GenN
    Not that im blaming those that celberate the milad or anything but the loss incurred by us who don't clerbrate it, is no more than the loss incurred by the prophet (SAW) by not celerbrating it, the loss incurred by us is no more than the loss incurred by the salaf by not celerbrating it so ndeed such a loss does not bother us.

And Allah knows best
    Was salaam.

P.S Moderators the "pbuh" smilie (should i be calling it a smilie?) is not working.
    Please refrain from bringing our Master Muhammad SAWS and the sahaba (RA) into your mudslinging.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Can someone tell me what EXACTLY happens at a Mawlid/Milad?

Would going to deliver/listen to a speech and Nasheeds about the beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam constitute as Mawlid? Is there a need for it in this day and age? Of course there is! Have I been to such gatherings? Yup, I have. If this is not Mawlid/Milad, then can someone please clarify the definition of Milad for me.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Please refrain from bringing our Master Muhammad SAWS and the sahaba (RA) into your mudslinging.
    Ya akhi, the brother was merely trying to put his point across and bringing up the salaf and RasoolAllah (saw) was the essential point of his message. There was no "mudslinging" as you put it.
    After almost 7 whole months, finallyHanafi.co.uk has been updated. Any commnets?the Hanafi Forum? :mrgreen:

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by eTeacher
    Can someone tell me what EXACTLY happens at a Mawlid/Milad?

Would going to deliver/listen to a speech and Nasheeds about the beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam constitute as Mawlid? Is there a need for it in this day and age? Of course there is! Have I been to such gatherings? Yup, I have. If this is not Mawlid/Milad, then can someone please clarify the definition of Milad for me.
    Yes this would be considered a mawlid, even doing salwatosalams is considered a mawlid.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I thought mawlid specifically referred to celebrating the birthday of RasoolAllah (saw)?
    After almost 7 whole months, finallyHanafi.co.uk has been updated. Any commnets?the Hanafi Forum? :mrgreen:

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamulikum,

Any sort of halal shariah based event or even action which is done for the sake of remembering and learning about the Prophets SAWS and his life and/or for promoting the praises of the Prophet SAWS is considered a Milad Shareef. These sorts of events tend to increase in number during the month of Rabi Al Awal, due to the prophet being born at this time, but this is not only the time that Milad should be done, we should always observe Milad, and I for one do so regularly, as the mosque’s I go to provide these events regularly. Unfortunately many lay persons think of large scale events held on the 12th of Rabi Al Awal as the only Milad events but of course they are not the only events that are. Usually any event including all or some of the stuff I have mentioned above is considered a Milad.
    The sahaba (RA) celebrated Milad everyday of their lives because they always thanked ALLAH SWT for ALLAH SWT sending his mercy onto mankind and they had the best way of celebrating this by helping our beloved saws directly on his mission to spread Islam and the word of Allah.
    Our beloved prophet SAWS also remembered his birthday by obserring fast on Monday(due to our beloved being born on this day), as reported in Sahih Muslim
    Last edited by muslim786; 28-07-2004 at 09:59 PM.

Madhhab
    Maliki

"the loss incurred by us is no more than the loss incurred by the salaf by not celerbrating it so ndeed such a loss does not bother us."

i can't believe you wrote this brother. The sahaba were in constant praise and remebrance of the Prophet.

Abu Lahab who IS in hell is given a drop of water, because he freed a slave the day the prophet (s) was born.

Proof that even a kafir gets some respite for acting out of love for the prophet (s). While giants of this ummah have called mawlid an-nabi a praiseworthy act, there those who wish to say 'its no loss'!!!

And we wonder why we are a defeated ummah!!

Strive4Allah

Ok i dont know about canada lot but in us lot ere milad means celebrating the day the prophet sallahu alaihi wasallam was born.No body has any proof for it.Our ulama call it bid'ah.
    I dont know what mawlid is can someone please explain?
    And in milad over here so many naats go on with shirkia kalimahs and ofcourse that isnt jaiz to listen to wallahu aalam.

Strive4Allah

U tell me did the sahaba prophet tabi een and tabe tabe een do this? no and am sure we all know the definition of bid'ah.
    All our ulama say it is bid'ah.Just the fact that all sorts go on in there.Ever listened to the naats being played there? And the na'aras with ya rasool madad? Does it make sense? Ofcourse not.

Strive4Allah

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Usama
    Salam,

Berelvis beleive that RasoolAllah (saw) can hear us when we call to him and ask him for help. However, what differentiates them from others is that they say that it is not necessary that we must be at RasoolAllah's grave to hear us, but that we can be at the other side of the earth and Rasoolallah (saw) will hear us as if w were in front of him. This ability of hearing is one of the characterisitics of RasoolAllah (saw) being haazir wa naazir, according to berelvis.

wASalam
    Too true.They say his every where the prophet was a human and a body how can one person be in moscow and engalnd at the same time.They say ALLAHGAVE HIM THE POWERS.iLike what man. Allah is not a body he is noor and noor can be everwhere at one time. Just bang over the wrong end and blame molana ashraf ali thanvi that he said it.