Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

  1. #1
    Scholar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,375

    Default al-Maktaba as-Shamila



    Iv downloaded this software and Alhamdulillah it is really excellent. However, after I download the book when I close the application and restart it again, the book is not on the software.

    Any help is appreciated.



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    236

    Lightbulb Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheGazeDown View Post


    Iv downloaded this software and Alhamdulillah it is really excellent. However, after I download the book when I close the application and restart it again, the book is not on the software.

    Any help is appreciated.

    salam `alaykum wa rahmatullah,

    There are two ways how you can use Shamila.

    The first is if you download the software with all the books. This way, you can search through all of them together and they will always appear when you restart the software.

    The second is if you simply download the software, without the books. Like this, you can download a book (.bok) you want to read and save it somewhere. But each time you want to read it, you'll have to open the file. This is good if you want less space occupied and quick browsing through the book you desire.

    In the first way, however, you can access both the books that you downloaded with the software and additional books you downloaded after. This is probably the best way (unless you know how to download a book and then save it with the bulk) since more and more books are converted into .bok files and there are different editions available as well.

    I hope this helps.


  3. #3
    Scholar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    Quote Originally Posted by Mubid al-Majus View Post
    salam `alaykum wa rahmatullah,

    There are two ways how you can use Shamila.

    The first is if you download the software with all the books. This way, you can search through all of them together and they will always appear when you restart the software.

    The second is if you simply download the software, without the books. Like this, you can download a book (.bok) you want to read and save it somewhere. But each time you want to read it, you'll have to open the file. This is good if you want less space occupied and quick browsing through the book you desire.

    In the first way, however, you can access both the books that you downloaded with the software and additional books you downloaded after. This is probably the best way (unless you know how to download a book and then save it with the bulk) since more and more books are converted into .bok files and there are different editions available as well.

    I hope this helps.


    Jazaka-Allah Khair for your reply, Alhamdulillah I have understood how to use it and as you say it does take alot of space. I think a good idea would be to save the software on a usb, what do you think?.

    Just one thing, I have alot of files in PDF, however I noticed they dont work, would you know any method to make it work?



  4. #4
    Mufti
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheGazeDown View Post
    Just one thing, I have alot of files in PDF, however I noticed they dont work, would you know any method to make it work?


    If they don't open when you try to open them with Acrobat, try this out.
    Ensure that the entire path including the file name doesn't contain any Arabic characters, all English (latin).
    Just move one of those files to the root directory and ensure that its name is in english and try to open it. If it works, then rename the directories you keep them in.
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

    Formerly "soofi_saheb"


  5. #5
    Scholar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    Quote Originally Posted by Husain View Post


    If they don't open when you try to open them with Acrobat, try this out.
    Ensure that the entire path including the file name doesn't contain any Arabic characters, all English (latin).
    Just move one of those files to the root directory and ensure that its name is in english and try to open it. If it works, then rename the directories you keep them in.


    Jazaka-Allah Khair. I did try what you mentioned. I renamed it in english then I tried to download the pdf file in the software. However, it would not move in the download compartment. What I then did is compressed it to .rar. I then moved it into the download compartment and it showed it downloaded, however I couldnt find it in the directory. Is there something I am doing wrong?.



  6. #6
    Mufti
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila



    You are trying to open a pdf file in Maktabah Shamilah???

    The Shamilah is a text based program, which can only open text files eg. .doc .html etc.
    Pdf files can only be opened in Adobe Acrobat and related programs.

    The latest version of the shamilah opens an Acrobat window inside the Shamilah to allow such files to be viewed, if they have been incoporated into the Shamilah correctly and attached to a text file.
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

    Formerly "soofi_saheb"


  7. #7
    Scholar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    [QUOTE=Husain;389307]

    You are trying to open a pdf file in Maktabah Shamilah???

    if they have been incoporated into the Shamilah correctly and attached to a text file.[/QUOTE]



    Yes I was trying open a pdf file in the software. Could you please clarify on the bold part since I am able to view the file in Maktabah Shamilah but I cant do a search e.g I cant use the search to find out if a certain phrase is used in the pdf file im viewing. Hence I felt trying to download it might enbale me to use such features.
    Last edited by KeepTheGazeDown; 20-06-2009 at 11:59 PM.


  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Don't know
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    As-salaam-Alai-Kum.. If any of my Muslim Brother help me to the link to download the whole software of Al-Maktaba as-Shamila....
    JazakAllah


  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Don't know
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    Dear Brother...can you forward me the link to download Al-Maktaba As-Shamila....
    JazaakAllah


  10. #10
    Scholar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: al-Maktaba as-Shamila

    Quote Originally Posted by salaamshuja View Post
    Dear Brother...can you forward me the link to download Al-Maktaba As-Shamila....
    JazaakAllah


    Here is the link: http://islamport.com/ms.html

    Online: http://www.islamport.com/

    It can also be downloaded from the ahle-hadith forum Look at the sticky threads in the maktabah shamilah section.

    If you need help: http://www.shamela.ws/help.php



Similar Threads

  1. Maktaba Shaamilah
    By khaadim in forum Islamic Education
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 04:23 AM
  2. Maktaba Shaamila download?
    By UmHasan in forum General Islam
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 09:02 AM
  3. al-Maktabah as-Shamila
    By KeepTheGazeDown in forum General Islam
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 06:11 AM
  4. Maktaba e Shamila
    By awais_400 in forum Islamic Media Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-08-2010, 06:43 PM
  5. Shamila Books Printing problem
    By abrarswl in forum Islamic Media Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 08:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •