Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times do we get taxed on the same pound/dollar?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default How many times do we get taxed on the same pound/dollar?

When a person works and earns an income he is taxed on his earnings.

As soon as he starts spending his earnings he is again taxed by paying VAT or extra charges on the goods which are put in place to cover the sellers tax.

The money which has now been transfered to the other person is again taxed as income and again taxed when it is spent.

The cycle goes on. Tax after tax after tax. It seems as though we are slaves; drones, just feeding and feeding and feeding the system.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: How many times do we get taxed on the same pound/dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by xs11ax View Post
    When a person works and earns an income he is taxed on his earnings.

As soon as he starts spending his earnings he is again taxed by paying VAT or extra charges on the goods which are put in place to cover the sellers tax.

The money which has now been transfered to the other person is again taxed as income and again taxed when it is spent.

The cycle goes on. Tax after tax after tax. It seems as though we are slaves; drones, just feeding and feeding and feeding the system.
    Would you suggest an alternative taxation scheme? Something that would generate enough money for the government to pay to build roads, schools, hospitals, police and fire stations, a military, social welfare programs, financial regulation, etc ... for you? If you can do without all of the above, no need for taxes!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Would you suggest an alternative taxation scheme? Something that would generate enough money for the government to pay to build roads, schools, hospitals, police and fire stations, a military, social welfare programs, financial regulation, etc ... for you? If you can do without all of the above, no need for taxes!
    This was possible before. There is no such thing as tax law in America put it this way. Shock horror!

So what is tax? Well let's give an analogy; you own a shop and a gangster comes in and says, "Right pal, from now on, every month, you pay us 2,000. If you don't, well, we'll ruin you". You ask, huh? why do I have to pay this gangster when I don't owe him anything?

Exactly. Now you get an idea of taxation.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by marco100 View Post
    This was possible before. There is no such thing as tax law in America put it this way. Shock horror!

So what is tax? Well let's give an analogy; you own a shop and a gangster comes in and says, "Right pal, from now on, every month, you pay us 2,000. If you don't, well, we'll ruin you". You ask, huh? why do I have to pay this gangster when I don't owe him anything?

Exactly. Now you get an idea of taxation.
    It's more like, every month pay us 2,000 - or else don't walk on the roads, never go to a public hospital for medical attention, do not use water/power/sewerage infrastructure for yourself nor conduct business with or go a place which uses such infrastructure, in the event of hostile forces invading the country you're on your own, the police will not repond to your calls, if your home is on fire make sure you have enough water to put it out (can't use the city's water supply, sorry), etc... etc.. etc...

Taxes are necessary. It's moronic to discuss whether or not taxes should exist. Wanna complain, complain about the taxation system, and how it is implemented .. suggest an alternate scheme, support politicians who have better ideas for taxation, etc ..

having a bad day today. *roar*

Madhhab
    Hanafi

It's more like, every month pay us 2,000 - or else don't walk on the roads, never go to a public hospital for medical attention, do not use water/power/sewerage infrastructure for yourself nor conduct business with or go a place which uses such infrastructure, in the event of hostile forces invading the country you're on your own, the police will not repond to your calls, if your home is on fire make sure you have enough water to put it out (can't use the city's water supply, sorry), etc... etc.. etc...

Taxes are necessary. It's moronic to discuss whether or not taxes should exist. Wanna complain, complain about the taxation system, and how it is implemented .. suggest an alternate scheme, support politicians who have better ideas for taxation, etc ..

having a bad day today. *roar*
    Brother, why are you saying it's moronic what I say? I'm not moaning, I'm telling you that there is no such thing as a tax law in America. Now, if you wish to ignore something that is fact, then that's fine. This is in the American Statute. People have gone to court fighting for this right not to pay taxes and have won. It's all documented.

Regards whether a country can run without taxes? It's possible yes and has been possible in the past.

We can make this a history lesson if you want.

Taxation in a nutshell is a "guarantor" by the government agreed on your behalf ( without asking you by the way) that they will pay the federal reserve and bank of england the money they borrow from them. Shock horror, the fed isn't a government owned institution??

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Brother, why are you saying it's moronic what I say? I'm not moaning, I'm telling you that there is no such thing as a tax law in America. Now, if you wish to ignore something that is fact, then that's fine. This is in the American Statute. People have gone to court fighting for this right not to pay taxes and have won. It's all documented.

Regards whether a country can run without taxes? It's possible yes and has been possible in the past.

We can make this a history lesson if you want.

Taxation in a nutshell is a "guarantor" by the government agreed on your behalf ( without asking you by the way) that they will pay the federal reserve and bank of england the money they borrow from them. Shock horror, the fed isn't a government owned institution??
    Yeah, and the jews messed up my peanut butter and jelly sandwich while I was looking the other way.

On a more serious note, .... really? Cool.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Yeah, and the jews messed up my peanut butter and jelly sandwich while I was looking the other way.

On a more serious note, .... really? Cool.
    No not "cool"

Madhhab
    Hanafi

@marco... i have heard about this tax not being legal in the USA.

btw im just throwing around thoughts which have cropped up in my head, i am not trying to imply i am right about what i am saying, but just provoking discussion to learn more.

when vagabond says taxation is needed to run the infrastructure of a country, how would that work when money has no real value? the only real value i can think of in this context is human effort and that money is just a token of the human effort. if money is recycled in a system and money represents human effort then it is human effort which is being recycled in the system.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

No not "cool"
    I was referring to what you said about cases in which people won the right not to pay taxes. Thought that was cool.

Your smileys are making my head hurt.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by xs11ax View Post
    @marco... i have heard about this tax not being legal in the USA.

btw im just throwing around thoughts which have cropped up in my head, i am not trying to imply i am right about what i am saying, but just provoking discussion to learn more.

when vagabond says taxation is needed to run the infrastructure of a country, how would that work when money has no real value? the only real value i can think of in this context is human effort and that money is just a token of the human effort. if money is recycled in a system and money represents human effort then it is human effort which is being recycled in the system.
    Well the country first of all has natural resources it can sell to other countries and organisations and use that money to finance the infrastructure. That is one way in which it can achieve those goals. There's a whole load of history on this. America before taxation and the federal reserve came into effect, financed it's infrastructure pretty well.

Lets take the UK for example. Rough guess, 20m people paying taxes. On average say 4,000 a year per person in taxes. That's around 80bn a year the government takes from us to finance the infrastructure. Is the cost of building new roads, education, NHS equal to or more than 80bn a year?

Something is amiss in all of this.