Thread: How much time interval between Adhan and Iqamah

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default How much time interval between Adhan and Iqamah

What is the regular time that is left between Adhan and Iqamah, so that people can prepare themself on hearing the Adhan and go to the masjid and pray their pre-sunnah ?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: How much time interval between Adhan and Iqamah

Quote Originally Posted by Mabsut View Post
    What is the regular time that is left between Adhan and Iqamah, so that people can prepare themself on hearing the Adhan and go to the masjid and pray their pre-sunnah ?
    Well basically brother in the masjid i read at the adhaan is around 1.35 and the iqama is about 2.00 so roughly around 25 mins - 30 mins to read the sunnah
    (Taking the Example of Zuhr in my masjid)

But Also in Maghrib the Adhaan is 5 mins before the namaaz and the iqama is read after the dua after the adhaan is read

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer H View Post
    Well basically brother in the masjid i read at the adhaan is around 1.35 and the iqama is about 2.00 so roughly around 25 mins - 30 mins to read the sunnah
    (Taking the Example of Zuhr in my masjid)

But Also in Maghrib the Adhaan is 5 mins before the namaaz and the iqama is read after the dua after the adhaan is read
    Wow that's cool man, so even one can release himself when needed without hasting, take wudhu with ease and perform the sunnah with ease, make my granted supplications between adhaan and iqaamah...

The masjid i am going everthing is done rapidly, adhaan is called out immidiatly sunnah is prayed with haste and iqaamah is called. Most of time im still reading the tashahhud when the muaddhin is starting to call the iqamah. So less then 5 minutes is between adhaan and iqaamah! One thing this means if i am not before the adhaan time present in the masjid, i have missed the sunnah guaranteed and maybe also the fard.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Wow that's cool man, so even one can release himself when needed without hasting, take wudhu with ease and perform the sunnah with ease, make my granted supplications between adhaan and iqaamah...

The masjid i am going everthing is done rapidly, adhaan is called out immidiatly sunnah is prayed with haste and iqaamah is called. Most of time im still reading the tashahhud when the muaddhin is starting to call the iqamah. So less then 5 minutes is between adhaan and iqaamah! One thing this means if i am not before the adhaan time present in the masjid, i have missed the sunnah guaranteed and maybe also the fard.
    Actually the purpose of Adhan is to remind people and give them some time to prepare and come for prayer. It's like knocking at a door and leaving without even waiting if someone opens the door or not.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Yes brother
    Hope i answered your question
    Last edited by Ameer H; 19-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Also in Maghrib the Adhaan is 5 mins before the namaaz and the iqama is read after the dua after the adhaan is read
    Assalam Alaikum.

It is makrooh to have a long delay between the Maghrib adhaan and Maghrib salah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Bilal View Post
    Assalam Alaikum.

It is makrooh to have a long delay between the Maghrib adhaan and Maghrib salah.
    walaikumslaam

makrooh? if the adhaan is 5 mins before AND it takes around 5 mins to read it...
    HOW IS THAT A LONG DELAY?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

walaikumslaam

makrooh? if the adhaan is 5 mins before AND it takes around 5 mins to read it...
    HOW IS THAT A LONG DELAY?
    I take it you mean the length of the azaan being five minutes... The first sentence that br Abu_Bilal quoted did not mention the length of the azaan.

I agree with br Abu_Bilal about the delay after the azaan; five minutes is indeed a long time to wait for iqaamah in Maghrib time. According to Ta'leemul Haq, it is advised that the interval between Maghrib azaan and iqaamah be the amount of time it takes one to read three ayaat. Note this is for Maghrib salah. For the rest of the salat, it's advisable that one waits after azaan until the muqtadee are ready to pray and then do the iqaamah.
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by sudoku-player View Post

I take it you mean the length of the azaan being five minutes... The first sentence that br Abu_Bilal quoted did not mention the length of the azaan.

I agree with br Abu_Bilal about the delay after the azaan; five minutes is indeed a long time to wait for iqaamah in Maghrib time. According to Ta'leemul Haq, it is advised that the interval between Maghrib azaan and iqaamah be the amount of time it takes one to read three ayaat. Note this is for Maghrib salah. For the rest of the salat, it's advisable that one waits after azaan until the muqtadee are ready to pray and then do the iqaamah.
    I dont mean theres a five minute gap between the iqamah and azaan
    what i mean is
    the azaan is 5 minutes b4 the actual Jamat right,
    very Soon after the azaan the iqamah is read