Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Suratul Yassin, Reciting it 41 times

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Question Re: Suratul Yassin, Reciting it 41 times

Quote Originally Posted by ENIGMA View Post
    surely it's only bid'a if peiople doing the amal class it as sunnah. And as far as I have garnered on this thread,no one has said its a sunnah. It will only be classed as a bid'a when people make it a essential part of deen.
    Maulana clearly labels collective reading of Yasin as Bidah and I have posted exerpts from his book before.

If collective reading of Yaseen isn't Bidah then what about Qur'aan Khawani? Same thing isn't it? If you don't regard it as Sunnah it should be allowed.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Suratul Yassin, Reciting it 41 times

Quote Originally Posted by Muadh_Khan View Post
    Maulana clearly labels collective reading of Yasin as Bidah and I have posted exerpts from his book before.

If collective reading of Yaseen isn't Bidah then what about Qur'aan Khawani? Same thing isn't it? If you don't regard it as Sunnah it should be allowed.
    Salaam.

By that criteria, Naqshbandi , Chisti, Qadri, Zikrs, would all be Biddah. The recitation
    of various Wazifas that the Shuyookh of Tassawuf prescribe would beBiddah...etc. etc.

The fact is Surah Yasin is a powerful Surah, and its recitation, helps in difficulties according to th Shuyookh.

Recitation of Quran on for Isale Sawaab is not considered Biddah, the emphasis on particular dates 4th, 10th,40th is considered Biddah.

Even heard someone claiming that Salaatul Hajah was Biddah.
    Silence Is Golden....!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Julaybib View Post
    Salaam.

By that criteria, Naqshbandi , Chisti, Qadri, Zikrs, would all be Biddah. The recitation
    of various Wazifas that the Shuyookh of Tassawuf would be prescribe Biddah...etc. etc.

The fact is Surah Yasin is a powerful Surah, and its recitation, helps in difficulties according to the Shuyookh.

Recitation of Quran on for Isale Sawaab is not considered Biddah, the emphasis on particular dates 4th, 10th,40th is.
    for making my point.
    Storms brewing.......................

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Julaybib View Post
    Salaam.

of various Wazifas that the Shuyookh of Tassawuf prescribe would beBiddah...etc. etc.

The fact is Surah Yasin is a powerful Surah, and its recitation, helps in difficulties according to th Shuyookh.

Recitation of Quran on for Isale Sawaab is not considered Biddah, the emphasis on particular dates 4th, 10th,40th is considered Biddah.

Even heard someone claiming that Salaatul Hajah was Biddah.

Not really because to make Dhikr is Sunnah but the ways/number of making Dhik'r is left for an individual

BUT Collective recitation of Yaseen or Qur'aan isn't proven from the Sunnah i.e. the Sahaba (RA) didn't collect together to read either Yaseen or Qur'aan BUT they did have Majalis of Dhikr, collectively.

Please note that Maulana isn't declaring recitation of Qur'aan or Yaseen or Isal-e-Sawab as Bidah he is declaring collective recitation as Bidah.

Salatul-Hajaah is proven from Hadeeth but someone starts to do a Jamaat of it, then I am sure that Ulama would have something to say about this practise.

In the Hanafi Madhab even a Mubah act is carried out regularly then such a practise should also be discouarged.

P.S: 41 time reciting was a personal comment and should not be attributed to Ulama, I havn't heard of it but that doesn't mean anything, I am not a scholar and havn't heard of a lot of things.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Muadh_Khan View Post

Not really because to make Dhikr is Sunnah but the ways/number of making Dhik'r is left for an individual
    I was not aware that the companions would gather together and do collective zikr,in unison?

I was not aware that they would do zikr whilst rocking their bodies/heads as part of the zikr?

I was not aware that when the companions said 'la ila ha ilallah' they would make a motion with their heads of taking it away from the heart and when saying 'ilal lah' they would take their heads towards their hearts.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam.

In that case is it not a Good Biddah, as long s people dont regard it as Sunnah, after all it helps attach people to the Quran dont it.

Afterall collective Zikr, done by various Tariqahs would also be Biddah would it not?
    Silence Is Golden....!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I thought the whole foundation of the bid'a argument was on wether a amal which was not done by the Prophet or his companions,which was later started was deemed to be essential part of deen,which then made it a bid'a.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I thought the whole foundation of the bid'a argument was on wether a amal which was not done by the Prophet or his companions,which was later started was deemed to be essential part of deen,which then made it a bid'a.
    Salaam.

Thats what I thought as well.
    Silence Is Golden....!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I take it reciting the 40 salat and salam on Thursday nights in masjids is also a bid'a?? You know,where people gather in the masjid and either they all recite the 40 salat and salam or sit there and listen to the Imam recite it. and then make dua. I take it all that is bid'a as well?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I take it reciting the 40 salat and salam on Thursday nights in masjids is also a bid'a?? You know,where people gather in the masjid and either they all recite the 40 salat and salam or sit there and listen to the Imam recite it. and then make dua. I take it all that is bid'a as well?
    Well I did read an article that they have weekly Salaat'o'salam, gathering on Thursday, at Darul Uloom Bury.
    Silence Is Golden....!