List them up please… (apart from Qur’an, Ahadith Books)
It will benefit others insha'Allah including myself.
My set of all timefavourites-
1. Muhammad ur Rasulullah (saw) By shaikh Abul Hassan ali nadvi rah.
2. Saviours of Islamic Spirit (tareekh dawat wa Azeemat) by shaikh Abul Hasan Ali Nadvi rah.
3. The Sword Of Allah- khalid bin waleed radh. by general A.I Akram
4. The Glorious Caliphate by syed athar Hussain
5. Hikayatul awliya by Hzt maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi rah.
6. Tarbiyat ut Talibeen by hzt Maulana mahmood hassan gangohi rah
7.Dalael us sulook by Hzt Maulana Allah yar Khan rah.
The Darqawi Way by Shaykh ad-Darqawi.
My all time favourites:
1. From my sister's lips by naima b. Robert.
2.Abwaabul muntakhibah by maulana Inamul hasan saheb.
3. You can be the happiest women in the world.
All publications of Maulana Yunus patel and Maulana Tariq jamil d.b.
My favourite books constantly change as I keep reading. For the moment, they are
1. Love for Allah ('Ishqe Ilaahi) by Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad Naqshbandi (db)
2. The Sublime Revelations (Al Fath ar Rabbani) by Shaykh Abdul Qaadir Jilani (ra)
Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
Seeking Your burning beacon light~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib
Aqidah: Mazruqi's Aqidah poem
Fiqh: Shafi'i: Mukhtasar al-Latif lil Muqaddimah al-Hadramiyyah Hanafi: Maraqi al-Falah
Tasawwuf: The Book of Assistance Imam al-Haddad Futuh al-Ghayb Shaykh Sayyid Abdul Qadir al-Jilani
My favorite is in bold...
Yeah The Book of Assistance is awesome.
Right now, I'm also benefitting very much from Key to the Garden by Habib Ahmad Mashhur al-Haddad.
"Aqidah Tahawiyyah" by Imam Tahawi
"Fiqh al-Imam" by Shaykh Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf
"The Path to Perfection" by Shaykh Masihullah Khan
"Join the Caravan" by Sheikh Abdullah Azzam
They're simple, yet powerful...
Nevertheless, The Reliance of the Traveller and Beheshti Zewar are both great books too!
Last edited by Al-Faruqi; 08-08-2009 at 02:21 PM.