Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Professor Maimoona Murtaza Malik?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Who is Professor Maimoona Murtaza Malik?

Assalaam'aaleykum!

It is being said about Professor Maimoona Murtaza Malik [a female scholar] that She has said something derogatory towards Prophet Muhammad [s.a.w] on a TV show on Qtv.

And irony is that people are now ascribing her to be from Deobandi School of thought. But there are a few things which are not making me believe that she could be from Deoband Minhaj.

First one being that we hardly see any Male Deobandi Scholar on any tv show, then how come we have a female scholar from Dobandi background with her face exposed coming on a TV show?

Second is that this allegation has come from our Barelawi brethren who do not let down any chance to curse Deobandis.

Here is the edited video alleging her as a Gustakh-e-Rasool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nXIhZzdfyk

[Note: Video has female faces in it.]
    http://rollingislamically.blogspot.com/

"If you are called Sufi on the one hand and Wahhabi on the other, know that you are on the Haq (Or something to that effect)"- [Shaykh Hamza]

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Who is Professor Maimoona Murtaza Malik?

My only concern is to know if she really belongs to Deobandis or is it just another propaganda from Barelawis to malign other schools of thought?

"If you are called Sufi on the one hand and Wahhabi on the other, know that you are on the Haq (Or something to that effect)"- [Shaykh Hamza]

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Any input from my beloved Brothers and sisters could help me in answering some Barelawis who are giving Deobandis a malign look on other forum.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Actually she reminded me more of certain Ahle-hadeeth sisters I met when in Toronto.
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by sudoku View Post

Actually she reminded me more of certain Ahle-hadeeth sisters I met when in Toronto.
    Waleykum'Assalaam!

Even I got the same impression after watching the video. Our Akabireen would never allow our Shaikhas to appear on any TV show and that too with their faces exposed to millions of na-Mehram viewers.

Another thing to make note is that why would a Barelawi TV channel invite a Deobandi Scholar on their program? Isn't this argument enough to rebuff their false accusation?

Assalaam'aaleykum!

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Asslamo Allaikum,

1) QTV is a Barelwee-leaning TV Channel heavily influenced by Dr Tahirul-Qadri

2) ARY which airs Professor Maimoona Murtaza Malik is a rightist channel in the Pakistani context

3) Professor Maimoona Murtaza Malik lives and teaches in Saudia and she is very influenced by Maulana Maududi (RA) and either she or her husband are still affiliated with Jamaat-e-Islami; can't recall and don't care (to be honest).

Neither Professor Maimoona Murtaza Malik nor the other Professor Jahanara Lutfi, nor the host Syeda Uzma Zaidi or the program "Khawateen Time" or the Channel (QTV) or ARYhave anything to do with Deobandees.
    Last edited by Colonel_Hardstone; 10-09-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Muadh_Khan View Post
    or the Channel (QTV) itself has anything to do with Deobandees.
    They did invite Mawlana Adnan Kakakhel one time, were he said openly in the programme that the most impressed scholar for him was "Shaykh ul-Islam Mawlana Taqi Usmani."

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZABe...om=PL&index=10
    And if he were to ask for a gentle lady in marriage, he would be refused, and when he leaves the world it does not miss him, and if he goes out, his going out is not noticed, and if he falls sick, he is not attended to, and if he dies, he is not accompanied to his grave.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I have heard (2nd hand info) that she is the daughter of Dr Ghulam Murtaza Malik.
    He was a professor who had an islamic show on pakistan tv ( ptv or stn). I have seen his show and he was pretty good. To a casual observer it was very enticing and invoked one's interest in the deen. It was not a fiqhi show. If I can recall correctly it was more about pointing out signs of Allah in our life/universe etc.

He was gunned down outside his house earlier this decade. As far as his manhaj is concerned. I dont know. Back then I would not even know a manhaj if it hit me in the face.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by fnaeem View Post

I have heard (2nd hand info) that she is the daughter of Dr Ghulam Murtaza Malik.
    He was a professor who had an islamic show on pakistan tv ( ptv or stn). I have seen his show and he was pretty good. To a casual observer it was very enticing and invoked one's interest in the deen. It was not a fiqhi show. If I can recall correctly it was more about pointing out signs of Allah in our life/universe etc.

He was gunned down outside his house earlier this decade. As far as his manhaj is concerned. I dont know. Back then I would not even know a manhaj if it hit me in the face.

No brother she is not his daughter:

http://www.hdgmk.com/?ACTION=FAMILY

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Ansari View Post
    They did invite Mawlana Adnan Kakakhel one time, were he said openly in the programme that the most impressed scholar for him was "Shaykh ul-Islam Mawlana Taqi Usmani."

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZABe...om=PL&index=10

And its funny how quickly the host of the show jumped to the next question (and the expression on the host's face) when Mawlana Adnan said that.