As-salamu alaikum wa rahmutallah,
May this reach you in the best state of health and iman. Ameen.
Don't miss this last opportunity to give in charity this Ramadan! Please join SeekersGuidance and Islamic Relief as they team up for an online fundraising event this Saturday, September 19th @ 2pm EST to feed those in need. Come and listen to inspiring talks by some of the most notable scholars and speakers in North America. All the proceeds of the fundraiser will go to Islamic Relief to feed needy Muslims around the world.
The plight of our brothers and sisters throughout the world calls for immediate and impactful action. Consider the following statistics:
* More than one billion people worldwide are hungry, and this number is continuing to rise.
* One in seven people do not have enough food and 55 million children are malnourished.
* Malnutrition is more prevalent in South Asia than in sub-Saharan Africa, with a staggering 642 million people suffering from chronic hunger.
* The World Food Programme estimates that up to 2.8 million infants will die as a result of hunger over the next five years if the current situation continues.
* In 80 per cent of developing countries food prices are higher now than this time last year, despite better harvests.
* Malnutrition is not only caused by having too little food, but by having access to only a small variety of foods.
* If a child becomes malnourished during the first two years of their life the effects will last a lifetime.
We are pleased to be joined by an impressive lineup of speakers, including:
- Imam Zaid Shakir
- Shaykh Muhammad Ninowy
- Shaykh Abdullah Hakim Quick
- Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Preacher Moss
- Imam Tahir Anwar
- Habib Umar Bin Hafiz (tentatively scheduled)
- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf (tentatively scheduled)
- and others
This event has limited capacity and priority will be given to those who pre-register. Register now at http://www.seekersguidance.org/site/index.php
Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...0114805&ref=mf