Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Khalifah Haroon-ur-Rasheed

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default About Khalifah Haroon-ur-Rasheed

Salam brothers n Sisters

Few days back i was talking to my friend (Shia Muslim) and i quoted something from Khalifah Haroon-ur-Rasheed, she asked me to read the history of khailfah before quoting anything. from her thoughts and comments i felt that there are some major differences of shia's with Khalifa Haroon-ur-Rasheed. I dint go into the details to find them out. Can anyone tell me something about this?

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: About Khalifah Haroon-ur-Rasheed

One thing that there is NO dispute over between Sunnis and Shi`ah is that he imprisoned Moosaa al-Kaazhim, the Imaam of the Shi`ah and the descendant of Muhammad and a clearly pious Mu'min apart from any later Shi`i exaggerations about him. He was imprisoned simply because Harroon feared he was too popular and that his Shi`ah might start a revolt if he was allowed to remain free. This is clearly unjustifiable under the rule of Islaam.

Salaam
    "Seek knowledge even though it is in China" - the Prophet Muhammad
    اطلبوا العلم ولو في الصين
    http://www.sanszu.com
    http://www.myspace.com/threetemples

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

thanks for making this point clear

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Three Temples Kungfu View Post
    One thing that there is NO dispute over between Sunnis and Shi`ah is that he imprisoned Moosaa al-Kaazhim, the Imaam of the Shi`ah and the descendant of Muhammad and a clearly pious Mu'min apart from any later Shi`i exaggerations about him. He was imprisoned simply because Harroon feared he was too popular and that his Shi`ah might start a revolt if he was allowed to remain free. This is clearly unjustifiable under the rule of Islaam.

Salaam

i beg ur pardon

can u please cite the source for your information and how is it unislamic to suppress a shia revolt ?

Quote Originally Posted by sussana View Post
    thanks for making this point clear

remember one thing, shias have problem with all those who have done good to islam and bad to their unislamic beliefs
    Last edited by not known; 02-10-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Madhhab
    None

Well if there was an actual revolt, then suppressing it is one thing (of course this gets into another huge issue with Shi`ah, regarding the killing of Husayn ibn `Ali in "suppressing" revolt). But in this case there was no actual revolt, just the Abbaasid fear of revolt. Don't be like Shi`ah and take leaders as ma`soomeen. Haroon messed up here. He was a human being. Don't make excuses for wrong doing just because he was a Caliph.

Salaam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Well if there was an actual revolt, then suppressing it is one thing (of course this gets into another huge issue with Shi`ah, regarding the killing of Husayn ibn `Ali in "suppressing" revolt). But in this case there was no actual revolt, just the Abbaasid fear of revolt. Don't be like Shi`ah and take leaders as ma`soomeen. Haroon messed up here. He was a human being. Don't make excuses for wrong doing just because he was a Caliph.

Salaam
    Excuses?? Who's making excuses? The brother is asking for sources, references, cites of documentation. Where is it? I'm interested in reading further about this issue too and please don't cite wikipedia...
    That which Allah said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
    - Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Madhhab
    None

The brother asked and then defend the actions alleged before even waiting to find out if they were confirmable to his standards. This tells me that no matter what i cite for him, he will just justify the actions; as he already did.

Salaam

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

The brother asked and then defend the actions alleged before even waiting to find out if they were confirmable to his standards. This tells me that no matter what i cite for him, he will just justify the actions; as he already did.

Salaam
    still there is no harm in providing an authentic reference...

Madhhab
    None

authentic reference...
    Here is the problem. If the Bush Administration asks us to provide "authentic reference" to it's heightening of the alert system before the 2004 elections, then it will just respond to our evidence by saying "that is not authentic."

If they ask us the same about documenting the moving of voting machines out of typically African American and Latino voting districts into affluent districts, then they will just say: "that is not authentic."

No matter what is cited, the person who has already concluded that they will defend the person or issue in question - no matter what evidence is provided - will NEVER find that evidence to be an "authentic reference."

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Here is the problem. If the Bush Administration asks us to provide "authentic reference" to it's heightening of the alert system before the 2004 elections, then it will just respond to our evidence by saying "that is not authentic."

If they ask us the same about documenting the moving of voting machines out of typically African American and Latino voting districts into affluent districts, then they will just say: "that is not authentic."

No matter what is cited, the person who has already concluded that they will defend the person or issue in question - no matter what evidence is provided - will NEVER find that evidence to be an "authentic reference."
    Salaam brother, this is the third time someone has asked you for authentic reference and you keep making excuses on the brother at hand. Not all of us have made conclusions on what you are the other brother said, we are curious in reading what materials you have based your events on. In fact I've read that Harun Rashid WAS related to the Holy Prophet through his lineage in the Abbasi Khilafat. So I was really interested in hearing this story. But you quote Bush, and then are ironically doing the same thing. Unfortunately, without any authentic evidence, your claim is just a write off...

PS wikipedia is not an authentic source.
    That which Allah said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
    - Jalaluddin al-Rumi