Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahmad Kutti - authentic?

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Ahmad Kutti - authentic?

Is the Indian/Canadian Ahmad Kutti a trustable scholar?

I looked up his credentials and found out he studied at Islamiya College Santapuram (India) and later at Madinah University.

What madhhab does he follow, can I trust him?

Is the Islamiya College a trustable organization?

Is it a Deobandi-affiliated organization?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Ahmad Kutti - authentic?

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Faruqi View Post

Is the Indian/Canadian Ahmad Kutti a trustable scholar?

I looked up his credentials and found out he studied at Islamiya College Santapuram (India) and later at Madinah University.

What madhhab does he follow, can I trust him?

Is the Islamiya College a trustable organization?

Is it a Deobandi-affiliated organization?

Assalamu alaikum brother,

In my opinion (and others) Sheikh Ahmad Kutti is not a reliable scholar. They are very very lenient and choose from various madhabs. They resemble the Salafis but unlike them they are very lenient. They actually are ikhwanis and mostly follow Sheikh Yusuf al-Qardawi and al-Azhar from what I understand. Also on many issues they try to be balanced and give various viewpoints. Their website is www.islamonline.net which is quite famous.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I'd stay away from anyone who's salient quality as a supposed person of knowledge is lenience. It shows you what their intentions are.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by hope1 View Post
    Assalamu alaikum brother,

In my opinion (and others) Sheikh Ahmad Kutti is not a reliable scholar. They are very very lenient and choose from various madhabs. They resemble the Salafis but unlike them they are very lenient. They actually are ikhwanis and mostly follow Sheikh Yusuf al-Qardawi and al-Azhar from what I understand. Also on many issues they try to be balanced and give various viewpoints. Their website is www.islamonline.net which is quite famous.
    Inadvisable to go to Maulvi Kutty for his opinions. Wasalaam.
    Mujhse bekas ki dawlat pe laakhon durood, Mujhse bebas ki quwwat pe laakhon salaam,
    Hum ghareebon ke aaqa pe behad durood, Hum faqeeron ki sarwat pe laakhon salaam.

www.jayshemuhabbat.blogspot.com
    www.drabutamim.blogspot.com
    www.shiningblades.blogspot.com

Madhhab
    None

Al Faruqi who would you you consider as ''reliable'' someone who is the same as you no?Well Shaykh Ahmad KuttY with a 'Y' not I

Is not Deobandi like yourself
    He is not a Hanafi like yourself
    or Shafi'3i
    or Maliki
    or Hanbali
    or Naqshabandi

So yeah not reliable to you.

I, on the other hand greatly appreciate his services for Islam.I think he is a very balanced , very intelligent Scholar.He is not a person given to extremes, walking along the middle path that Allah instructed us to. May Allah s.w.t preserve him.Ameen.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Idil_ View Post
    Al Faruqi who would you you consider as ''reliable'' someone who is the same as you no?Well Shaykh Ahmad KuttY with a 'Y' not I

or Shafi'3i
    or Maliki
    or Hanbali
    or Naqshabandi

I, on the other hand greatly appreciate his services for Islam.I think he is a very balanced , very intelligent Scholar.He is not a person given to extremes, walking along the middle path that Allah instructed us to. May Allah s.w.t preserve him.Ameen.

Just curious as to the Naqshbandi part... since it's not a madhab rather a tareeqa in sulook.
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by sudoku View Post

Just curious as to the Naqshbandi part... since it's not a madhab rather a tareeqa in sulook.

Don't worry, you're talking to someone who believes niqab has nothing to do with Islam and قلنسوة is not an arabic word, let alone a sunnah of Rasulullah (saws), the sahabah and tabi'in (radiyallahu 'anhum).

What can you say other than ...و اذا خاطبهم الجاهلون قالوا

Madhhab
    Hanafi

or Shafi'3i
    or Maliki
    or Hanbali
    or Naqshabandi

I also mentioned he tries to be balanced in his views. But balance and middle way does not mean does not mean you overlook textual evidence which might seem strict.

He is serving deen but as long as he does not adhere strictly to the middle and moderate way demonstrated by the sharia' and the sunnah then he is not a reliable scholar.

I have no reservations against him as a person. I am talking about someone following him and taking him as a guide.

I doubt he follows a madhab so I am assuming he does his own ijtihad.

Also their website has many good couselling and other features. I am just saying in terms of fiqh he is not a reliable authority.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

or Shafi'3i
    or Maliki
    or Hanbali
    or Naqshabandi

One prominent speaker recently in a speech while referring to Yazid, son of Ameer Mu'awiyah, used the formula of radiya Allaahu anhu (Allah be pleased with him); it has created a huge hue and cry; many people consider Yazid as kaafir (infidel), some others consider him as a munafiq (hypocrite) who does not deserve appreciation from a real Muslim. What is your opinion about the status of Yazid in the estimate of Muslim Ummah?

answered by shaykh ahmed kutty

Muslims have been divided into three groups in their attitude towards Yazid b. Mu’awiyah. One group considers him an impious ruler who is guilty of numerous abominations and even infidelity, and therefore deserves to be cursed; another group considers him as one of those monarchs, mind you there is no shortage of them in Islamic history, who in spite of being guilty of major offences, was still a Muslim; and therefore he cannot be cursed; they also allow for invoking Allah’s forgiveness on his behalf as they do on behalf of any ordinary Muslims; as he has also, according to them, some good points to his credit. A third group, however, neither curses Yazid nor express satisfaction with him.

In conclusion: Yazid was a tyrannical ruler who was guilty of major abominations, and, therefore, no Muslim can ever consider him except with revulsion and and displeasure.
    http://www.islam.ca/answers.php?id=1310
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so sister which catagory does shaykh ahmed kutty put him in?

there are many different views on this held by many scholors but most opinions are like the one's below

Allaamah Ibn as-Saalah (d.646H) He was also not in favour of cursing Yazeed or saying he was a disbeliever. Ibn Hajr Makkee writes, "Ibn Salaah who is from our jurists and scholars of hadeeth, I have seen in his Fataawa that when he was asked concerning the individual who would only curse Yazeed because he ordered the death of Hussain. Then in answer to this he said, according to us Yazeed ordering the death of Hussain is not correct and cursing and abusing Yazeed is not the sign of a believer….." (as-Sawaa’iq al-Meharqah (pg.222).

Haafidh Ibn Rajab (d.795H) Haafidh Ibn Rajab also did not hold the opinion of cursing and declaring Yazeed to be a disbeliever. On the contrary he refute the allegation on Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal that he cursed Yazeed. So he writes in clear words, "The statement of Imaam Ahmad only establishes cursing on all of the oppressors and there is no clarification or specification for the permissibility of cursing Yazeed only." (Dhail Tabaqaat Hanabillah (2/356).

so sister do you still think

"he is a very balanced , very intelligent Scholar.He is not a person given to extremes, walking along the middle path that Allah instructed us to".
    ???
    Last edited by The Fake Shaykh; 02-11-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    إملاء الخير خير من السكوت والسكوت خير من إملاء الشر

"Speaking what is good is better than silence, and silence is better than speaking evil."

Madhhab
    None

Yes I do.