Thread: Qasar Prayer

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Qasar Prayer

Assalamo Alikum

I have a question about the Qasar prayer...If I have travelled to other city and reaching on that city I found the jamat in the mosque...So what should I do?
    Should I have to pray with Jamat or should I have to pray individually the Qasar prayer??

wasalam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Qasar Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
    Assalamo Alikum

I have a question about the Qasar prayer...If I have travelled to other city and reaching on that city I found the jamat in the mosque...So what should I do?
    Should I have to pray with Jamat or should I have to pray individually the Qasar prayer??

wasalam
    Assalamu alaikum,

Pray the full salaat with jamaat. If some rakats have been missed one will have to make it up to complete the full normal amount of rakats and not the qasar amount. The qasar amount is if one is praying alone or if one is the imam. If one is following a resident imam one must pray the normal amount of rakats behind him.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by hope1 View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,

Pray the full salaat with jamaat. If some rakats have been missed one will have to make it up to complete the full normal amount of rakats and not the qasar amount. The qasar amount is if one is praying alone or if one is the imam. If one is following a resident imam one must pray the normal amount of rakats behind him.
    Jazakallah Brother...
    One thing more..So one should also have to offer the sunnahs as well or not???as in case of zuhr prayer ....

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jazakallah Brother...
    One thing more..So one should also have to offer the sunnahs as well or not???as in case of zuhr prayer ....
    If you are in the state of travel and need to rush then the sunnats can be left out. however, if you are a musafir but staying in the area or not in any rush then one should read the sunnats.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Jazakallah Brother...
    Assalamu aliakum
    In a state of Qasar, if any one wants to perform Prophetic way then he shouldn't offer anything that doesn't related to sunnah!!!. It isn't matter of no Rush or we have enough time to perform it.

Plz read following hadiths.

The Book of Prayers (Kitab Al-Salat)
    Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1467
    Hafs b. 'Asim said: I accompanied Ibn 'Umar on the road to Mecca and he led us in two rak'ahs at the noon prayer, then he went forward and we too went along with him to a place where he alighted, and he sat and we sat along with him, and he cast a glance to the side where he said prayer and he saw people standing and asked: What are they doing? I said: They are engaged in glorifying Allah, offering Sunnah prayer. He said: If I had done so I would have perfected my prayer; O my nephew! I accompanied the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) on a journey, and he made no addittion to two rak'ahs, till Allah called him. I accompanied Abu Bakr and he made no addition to two rak'ahs till Allah caused him to die. I accompanied 'Umar and he made no addition to two rak'ahs till Allah caused him to die. I accompanied 'Uthman and he made no addition to two rak'ahs, till Allah caused him to die, and Allah has said:" There is a model pattern for you in the Messenger of Allah" (al-Qur'an, xxxiii. 21).

Shortening the Prayers (At-Taqseer)
    Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 20 :: Hadith 205
    Narrated Hafs bin 'Asim:

Ibn 'Umar went on a journey and said, "I accompanied the Prophet and he did not offer optional prayers during the journey, and Allah says: 'Verily! In Allah's Apostle you have a good example to follow.' " (33.21)

Salam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by rqsnnt View Post
    In a state of Qasar, if any one wants to perform Prophetic way then he shouldn't offer anything that doesn't related to sunnah!!!. It isn't matter of no Rush or we have enough time to perform it.

You are masters of cut-paste, yet didnt read the thread from the beginning! how come akhi?

He was asking about praying salah with local jamat. And the hadith you mentioned is talking about all praying in the jamat where all are traveller and not in local jamat.
    Ibn 'Umar went on a journey and said, "I accompanied the Prophet and he did not offer optional prayers during the journey, and Allah says: 'Verily! In Allah's Apostle you have a good example to follow.' " (33.21)
    Ulama says in narration of Ibn Omar that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) did not use to pray more than 2 Raka'as while on travel, then the narrations that confirmed that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) prayed more than that are given priority, and this was probably sometimes only.
    Assalamu aliakum

Abu Qatada reported in the chapter of supererogatory prayers, that "they were with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) on a journey, so they over slept until Fajr prayer time passed and the sun rose. They continued their journey until the sun rose high in the sky, then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) got down, performed ablution (Wudu), and Bilal called the Adhaan (call to the prayer). After that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) prayed two Raka'as then he prayed the Fajr. He did the same as he used to do everyday," reported by Muslim. The two Raka'as were the Sunnah of Fajr.

Um Hani', may Allah be pleased with her, also said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) prayed on The Day he conquered Makkah, 8 Raka'as of Duha prayer. Al-Bukhari and Al-Baihaqi referred to the above Ahadith in their evidence.

Al Bara Ibn Al Aazib also said: "I kept company with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) 18 times during the travel, and I never saw him leaving to pray the two Raka'as when the sun rises high in the sky before Dhuhr", reported by Abu Dawud and Al-Thirmidhi.

Al-Nawawi said: "The evidence of the scholars of our school of thought are many Ahadith among which is the well-known Ahadith about facing Qibla while praying and other Ahadith. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) used to pray Nawafil prayers on his mount towards whichever direction it led him."
    Last edited by abulayl; 08-03-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by streetwalker View Post
    You are masters of cut-paste, yet didnt read the thread from the beginning! how come akhi?

He was asking about praying salah with local jamat. And the hadith you mentioned is talking about all praying in the jamat where all are traveller and not in local jamat.
    Ulama says in narration of Ibn Omar that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) did not use to pray more than 2 Raka'as while on travel, then the narrations that confirmed that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) prayed more than that are given priority, and this was probably sometimes only.
    Abu Qatada reported in the chapter of supererogatory prayers, that "they were with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) on a journey, so they over slept until Fajr prayer time passed and the sun rose. They continued their journey until the sun rose high in the sky, then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) got down, performed ablution (Wudu), and Bilal called the Adhaan (call to the prayer). After that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) prayed two Raka'as then he prayed the Fajr. He did the same as he used to do everyday," reported by Muslim. The two Raka'as were the Sunnah of Fajr.

Um Hani', may Allah be pleased with her, also said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) prayed on The Day he conquered Makkah, 8 Raka'as of Duha prayer. Al-Bukhari and Al-Baihaqi referred to the above Ahadith in their evidence.

Al Bara Ibn Al Aazib also said: "I kept company with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) 18 times during the travel, and I never saw him leaving to pray the two Raka'as when the sun rises high in the sky before Dhuhr", reported by Abu Dawud and Al-Thirmidhi.

Al-Nawawi said: "The evidence of the scholars of our school of thought are many Ahadith among which is the well-known Ahadith about facing Qibla while praying and other Ahadith. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) used to pray Nawafil prayers on his mount towards whichever direction it led him."

Assalamu aliakum
    I feel shy when anyone tell me i m a Master!!!.
    But i also feel proud when i get follower.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/fatwa/S...Option=FatwaId

Salam
    Last edited by rqsnnt; 08-03-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamu aliakum
    I feel shy when anyone tell me i m a Master!!!.
    But i also feel proud when i get follower.
    Well i dont produce own understanding of hadith, but what ulama says =)

Not like "self-taught muhaddith"

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by streetwalker View Post
    Well i dont produce own understanding of hadith, but what ulama says =)

Not like "self-taught muhaddith"
    Assalamu aliakum
    Thank u for informing me that there r some exception on it.
    Salam