Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help..need a shoulder

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default help..need a shoulder

Salam, i desperately need help.. i am a revert who is going through a separation after nearly 20 yrs of marriage. I have 3 children, no family to help and feel totally lonely and isolated...plz any words or duas to help me through this testing time in my life would be appreciated. thankyou

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: help..need a shoulder

Asak,

Welcome sister..I would like to share a couple of Dua's with you..

Dua 1: Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoomu, Bi-rah-ma-tika As-ta-ghee-su [O Living, O Eternal, I request for your mercy]. It is reported that, when the Prophet (SAW) was overtaken by worries and distress, he would say : "Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoom, Bi-rah-ma-tika As-ta-ghee-su" [At Tirmidhi]

To this dua two other very powerful attributes of Allah can be added as from hadith we get to know that Allah's greatest name that is Isme Azam may be one of them. So this dua can be read as: Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoomu YA ZAL JALAALI WAL IKRAM YA ARHAMAR RAHEMEEN. Bi-rah-ma-tika As-ta-ghee-su [O The Living, O The Eternal, O The Lord of Majesty and Generosity, O The Most Merciful of the Merciful, I request for your mercy]

Dua 2: Recitation of Istagfaar. This practice is based on the hadith below.
    Ibn `Abbas (RA) said: The Prophet of Allah (SAW) said, ‘If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and relief him from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.'[Abu Dawud].

Among the many istagfaar the shortest and the best is the one that was recited by Prophet Yunus[AS] with the following words and it also appears in the glorious Quran..
    LA ILAHA ILLA ANTA SUBHANAKA INNI KUNTU MINAZ ZALIMEEN [“None has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah)), Glorified (and Exalted) are You (above all that (evil) they associate with You). Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."[ 21: 87]

Sa'd ibn Waqas (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, "The supplication made by the Companion of the Fish (Prophet Yunus (as)) in the belly of the fish was (the above). If any Muslim supplicates in these words, his supplication will be accepted/responded to." In another report, Prophet[SAW] says "I know words that will cause Allah to remove one's distress. These are the words (of supplication) of my brother Yunus[AS] "[at-Tirmidhi; an-Nisa'I, al-Hakim]

Remember both these dua's can be recited any time and with any number abundantly, however to maintain consistency in your ama/dua'sl, please do this daily till your problem is solved....

Morning
    1. Auzubillaah hi Mi-nash Shyataan Ir-rajeem BisMillaah Ir-rah-maan Ir-ra-heem -3x
    2. Any Darood- 7x
    3. Make an intention that may Allah solve all you problems and give you a better and a happy life.
    3. LA ILAHA ILLA ANTA SUBHANAKA INNI KUNTU MINAZ ZALIMEEN - 1000 x
    4. Any Darood- 7x

Evening
    1. Auzubillaah hi Mi-nash Shyataan Ir-rajeem BisMillaah Ir-rah-maan Ir-ra-heem -3x
    2. Any Darood- 7x
    3. Make an intention that may allah solve all you problems and give you a better and a happy life.
    3. Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoomu YA ZAL JALAALI WAL IKRAM YA ARHAMAR RAHEMEEN. Bi-rah-ma-tika As-ta-ghee-su - 1000x
    4. Any Darood- 7x

Apart from these try your best to give as much as charity you can with the intention of seeking Allah's help and also try to offer Salutal Thajjud at night and ask Allah to help you.

Hope this helps.

Wassalaam

Madhhab
    Don't know

Thankyou brother...

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed3 View Post
    Thankyou brother...
    Sister,

Welcome to the forum...

I wrote a post about "La Hawla Wala Quwatta Illa Billah" but can't find the exact post at the moment.

Please sit down and regularly recite the following as much as possible...

لا حَوْلَ وَ لا قُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِاللّهِ
    - La Hawla wa la Quwatta illa Billah (There is no Might or Power except with Allah)

They are simple five words and you will notice that the clouds of doom and gloom will be lifted away as that is the promise of the Messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)...

If someone can find the post, please post the link...

Madhhab
    None

I agree that you could always resort to some Dua recited X times and so on. But I would advise you to ask yourself this question: Is there anything from the prophets who came before me that I can relate to? Is there any incident in the Quran that I can relate to?

I would highly recommend reading Surah Yusuf, and if possible reading or listening to a tafsir (explanation) of Surah Yusuf. It is a beautiful and wonderful example of patience, of relying upon Allah and the rewards of those who fear Allah and are patient.

Madhhab
    Don't know

May Allah make it easy for you and give you the strength to face the difficulties.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

May Allah give you and your children strength and beautiful Islamic manners Are you the only revert in your family? How about your soon-to-be-ex husband - Muslim or non-Muslim? How old are the children? Sorry to sound nosy, but before I make any practical suggestions, I was curious about your post-separation situation (the sisters and brothers have already made some excellent duaa suggestions).

Divine help means to have enough strength to do good deeds, when one intends to do.
    Hazrat Ibrahim Adham

Madhhab
    Don't know

I just wanted to say Jazak Allah to everyone who has kindly taken the time to reply

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

You may want to do some counselling with good Muslim sisters, i.e. I would suggest getting in touch with sister Kayra and sister Sudoku.

Just talking with them about your problems might help insha Allah, they might also help you to find solutions to your problems etc.. It's good to have someone to talk to sister.

May Allah guide and strengthen you sister. Amin.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Walaikumassalam wa rahmatullah sister

inshAllah you are in the duas of many.we are a brother/sisterhood and inshAllah we (will) make duas for all our muslim brothers and sisters ,anywhere ,goin thru any difficulty..so you dont jus have 'a shoulder' but 'shoulders'!

there is a verse in the Holy Quran that come s to my mind
    --
    "Verily, along with hardship is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs) "(surah 94,verse 6)

and try not to feel lonely as Allah taala is with you

"We verily created man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein."
    (surah 50,verse16)

here are a few duas..few have been mentioned already..

When in any difficulty
    Recite:
    اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلَا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ وَأَصْلِحْ شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
    "O Allah, I hope for Your mercy, do not leave me for even the duration of an eye blink (duration) and correct my total condition. Besides You there is none worthy of worship".
    (Hisnul Hasin)

حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ
    "Allah is sufficient for us and He is the Best Guardian".
    (Quran, Surah Al-Imraan)

اللَّهُ اللَّهُ رَبِّي لَا أُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئَاً
    "Allah is my Lord, I do not ascribe anything unto Him".
    (Hisnul Hasin from Abu Dawood)

يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّومُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيثُ
    "O Alive and everlasting One, I beseech You by Your mercy".
    (Mustadrak Hakim)

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    "O Allah, there is none worthy of worship besides You. You are Pure, definitely I have oppressed my soul by sinning".

The Qur'an states that these words were recited when Yunus (A.S.) called upon Allah from the belly of the fish. Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) stated in a hadith that when any Muslim makes this dua via these words to Allah, then Allah surely accepts his duas.
    (Tirmidhi)
    It is stated in a hadith that
    لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ
    is the medicine for 99 ailments, the least of which is depression.
    (Baihaqi in Dawatul Kubra)

It means that these words are so beneficial and useful that big/great grievances, depression and sorrow are easily removed in its stride.
    Abdullah bin Abbas (R.A.) narrates that Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) stated that if a person constantly makes "Astaghfar", then Allah removes every difficulty, frees him from every sorrow and makes a means for him to receive sustencance from places that he never thought of.
    (Mishkat from Ahmad)

Hadeeth of the Prophet SAWS The Prophet (saws) said:
    "Whenever you make a supplication for another believer and he is not present, an angel will say ‘and same to you."

“The supplication that gets the quickest answer is the one made by one Muslim for another in his absence.”
    Reported by Abu Daw’ud and Tirmidhi

May Allah taala bless you and your family with khair and make ease for you.ameen
    wassalamualykum
    Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.
    Maulana Rumi