Weekly Qur’aan History Lessons
Teacher: Brother Mu’aawiyah Tucker, (Graduate from Islamic University of al-Madeenah in Islamic Law)
Dates: Thursday 28th January – 8th April 2010
Time: 6.30pm - 8.00pm (Every Thursday)
Venue: AC Centre, 222 High Road, Leytonstone, E11 3HU
This two-part module covers the two separate elements of how the Qur’aan was recorded.
Unit 1 – How the Qur’aan was preserved in the hearts of the Muslims from the first generation until now (memorised).
Unit 2 – How the Qur’aan was preserved in written form even before Abu Bakr became the leader of the Muslims (written).
TOPICS COVERED DURING THIS UNIT:
• Basic history and compilation of the Qur’aan
• The environment of Makka and Madeenah, and how corruption of the Qur’aan was impossible.
• Refute and clarify a doubt that the Qur’aan was not written down at the time of the Messenger of Allaah.
• The compilation and preservation of the Qur’aan during the time of the sahaabah, from the khilaafah of Abu Bakr, up until and including the khilaafah of Uthmaan.
• The Seven Recitations of the Qur’aan, what they are, and how we are to understand them.
To book or for more information please contact:
Tel: 020 8519 0502 / 020 8133 2029