Thread: Shaving Pubic Hairs

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Shaving Pubic Hairs

Assalam-u-Alikum,

I am 20 years and I have been shaving hairs in armpit and above the penis region. I shave the hair only that are above my penis and never shaved around scrotum or in the anus region? Is it necessary to shave in the anus region and around the scotrum as well?

I am really confused about this. Please help me out.

Allah Hafiz.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Shaving Pubic Hairs

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedkhan22 View Post
    Assalam-u-Alikum,

I am 20 years and I have been shaving hairs in armpit and above the penis region. I shave the hair only that are above my penis and never shaved around scrotum or in the anus region? Is it necessary to shave in the anus region and around the scotrum as well?

I am really confused about this. Please help me out.

Allah Hafiz.
    Yes, Brother, you have to get rid of that hair also

Madhhab
    None

salam alykum, like the previous brother said, yes. especially hair around the anus, when you poop its highly likely for the hair to be smeaered with it, so it is much more hygenic to shave that area.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Aslm. So exactly which places should you shave?

JazakAllah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Please see this post as I just posted a reply regarding this same exact subject in another thread.

Another thing I would like to point out is that shaving your sensitive areas with a razor can seem a bit 'dangerous' (can't think of a better word at the moment), and it may pose a slight risk in case you end up cutting yourself or something. So what I do is I use a hair trimmer for all my pubic hair removal. The same hair/beard trimmers they sell in store, and you don't need an expensive one, just something halfway decent ($20-$30 can usually get you a cordless one at drugstores in USA, don't know about elsewhere). Of course, this is a trimmer which is dedicated to cleaning your private parts only, and not to be used for fixing your facial hair. After each use, you should clean it off well and wipe the blades with some alcohol to sanitize. Also, it is a big plus if you can get a cordless one (make sure it is fully charged before you start using or you'll be waiting for it to charge with the job halfway done!), as having to manage a cord around limits your mobility and ease of use to a great extent.

This is much safer and way more convenient in my experience, rather than going at it with a razor blade. Don't put any attachments on it, just use the trimmer 'as is' and you will get a very close to skin shave. Yes, not 100% clean-shaven as with a razor, but close enough and most importantly the goal of removing hair from those places will be accomplished well and good.

and .
    I am not a scholar.

Say Allahu-Akbar when you see this.