Masturbation: A Major Sin
By Arif Billah Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Mohammad Akhtar Sahab db
1. The Prophet (S) is reported to have said, ďThe one who marries their hand is accursed.Ē That person who masturbates them self has been cursed by Allah and His Messenger (S) and on the Day of Judgment their hand will be pregnant.
2. It is a means of destroying onesí life in this world and the Hereafter.
3. It diminishes onesí health.
4. It is a major sin and if repentance is not made from a major sin, then the person will fall under the threat of being thrown into Hell.
5. This person is potentially not capable of marriage because their semen will become thin.
6. A person may develop many diseases, such as gonorrhea and chancrous, etc.
7. Due to this evil habit, eventually the person becomes involved in fornication or adultery.
8. This evil habit comes upon a person due to the curse of lustful glances. Since it is mentioned in the Qurían that the person who guards their gaze will be able to guard their private parts, from this we can gauge that the person who casts lustful glances will not be able to guard their private parts. As a result, they lose control of them self.
9. The person becomes weak sexually and mentally meaning that they have memory loss, blood deficiency, their resolutions become weak, their heart becomes weak to such an extent that if a cat were to jump from one place to another this personís heart would skip a beat or start beating faster as if a lion had just jumped in front of him.
10. The radiance and splendor from oneís face is depleted, dark circles start to form around the eyes and a strange curse befalls this person because this person is involved in a cursed action; they become pale, their eyes go inward, they start to have mood swings. As a result, their body, heart and mind go down a slippery slope towards destruction.
11. If a person does not quit early, then in their youth they develop of a disease of incontinence of bladder.
12. Due to undue hard stroking, the nerves, arteries and veins all tend to die out and blood doesnít flow properly to that organ, due to which it may become limp and the person no longer has the ability to perform intercourse. They may develop impotence or erectile dysfunction, and thus they will face a great shame in front of their wife, society and the matter could even reach divorce.
13. Repeatedly ejaculating causing onesí semen to become extremely thin, due to which one loses virility
14. Sometimes the mere rubbing against onesí clothes or the mere thought of intercourse with onesí wife may cause ejaculation. Oneís organ may become crooked. It may grow in girth from the front and then towards the back due to which a person may not be fully capable of intercourse.
15. A personsí memory becomes weak, they often experience headaches, due to minor strenuous activity; they may experience temporary blindness, cold sweats and anxiety.
16. Sometimes semen becomes uncontrollable causing onesí mind to become weak, one to be disinclined and not interested in studying and whatever one learns, they are not able to retain it.