Thread: how to read namaz, Please help

Madhhab
    Don't know

Question how to read namaz, Please help

Can some one explain ton how to read namaz , I have not read namaz for a few ear and I want to start reading It again I just need someone to tell how to read it, From what I can remember ,

For a 4 rakat farz namaz You read soorah Fatiha then you any surrah from Quran for the first 2 rakats
    After which you read just soorah Fatiha for the last 2 rakats.

Is this correct ?

Also do I do the same if the it 4 rakat sunnat

What do I read if it 2 rakat sunnat or 2 rakat farz

Thank you

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: how to read namaz, Please help

asalamu-alaykum

alhamdulillah it is good to see that you are interested in practicsing your salah again brother. i am going to assume that you are from the hanafi fiqh as the majority of muslims are.

What you have said is correct, in a 4 rakat farz prayer you recite a surah from the quran in the first two rakat after surah fatiha, in the second two rakats you only recite surah fatiha.

Before prayer is purity and it is important to learn the farz and wajib of wuzu. But for the sake of convenience i will asssume you know about major, minor impurity and how to ourify oneself.

there are several farz in the prayer according to the hanafi madhab and it is important that these are fulfilled.

1) standing in prayer - called qiyaam, while in this position it is sunnah to place the right hand over the left and make sure the hands are below the navel. try and keep your eyes where your forehead wll prostrate

2) recitation of Quran - as mentioned above in a farz namaz recite surah fatiha and a surah in the first two rakat, and surah fatiha alone in the last two. if the salah is a sunnah/nafil/witr then recitation of a surah should follow surah fatiha in the third and fourth rakats.

3) Bowing (ruku) - this is farz and it is also farz to say the tasbih ( subhan rabi alazeem) at least once. try and do it the sunnah way which is say the tasbih three times and to keep the back straight, the legs straight, place the hands over the knees and try to keep the arms straight. keep your eyes between your feet. 4

4) Prostration - sajda is a farz and there are seven bones that need to be in contact with the ground for sajda to be legit, these are the feet, knees, hands, nose and forehead. when in sajda say (subhana rabi alallah) at least once, it is sunnah to say it thrice. try to make sure that the seven bones each meet the ground in the order described above as well and when you raise yourself up from sajda it is in reverse order i.e. forehead, nose, hands etc. try and keep your eyes on your nose.

also try and pray salah in a calm and tranquil way, i find it helps to read the azaan before praying as it is sunnah and gets one in the right frame of mind. wajib elements of prayer include a one second pause when straightening the back after ruku before going into sajda and also a one second pause and straightening the back between the two sajdas.

i hope iv covered the basics, try and find taleemul haq (either online or book) and seek advice from your local imam.

If i have made any error in this post i apologise and Allah knows best.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Taleemul-Haq

If you need it in PDF please say so and I will try to provide you with a copy insha Allah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Where do you live? What's your closest masjid?

Madhhab
    Don't know

Hi

thanks for the help

Could you give me the link to the pdf

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Senior Member Student_Of_Knowledge's Avatar
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Have Respect For The Haramain

Please Recite:

Surah Yaseen (22)
    Surah Kahf On Fridays (15 Juz)
    Surah Dukhan On The Night Of Friday (25 Juz)
    Surah Tabarak/Mulk - Every Night (29 Juz)
    Surah Sajdah - Every Night (21 Juz)