Thread: Masjid 'wudu/toilet' signs

Madhhab
    None

Default Masjid 'wudu/toilet' signs

AsalaamzWW,

Does anyone know where to get wudu/toilet signs for masjid walls? The ones im after are the ones that stick out of the wall. Any help would be appreciated.

Jazakallah

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: Masjid 'wudu/toliet' signs

ops, wrong place. - Can a mod please move this to the general section. Jazakallah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Masjid 'wudu/toliet' signs

Quote Originally Posted by daywalk3r View Post
    AsalaamzWW,

Does anyone know where to get wudu/toilet signs for masjid walls? The ones im after are the ones that stick out of the wall. Any help would be appreciated.

Jazakallah

Not sure which country you're in, but "sign makers" sell ready-made WC signs (here is a list of UK sign makers). What I've done in the past is go to somebody specializing in signs (ones with/without inner lighting, wooden ones, plastic ones, glass ones etc.), picked the design/ model/ material I liked, then provided them with a CD containing the symbol/ logo/ writing I want to be painted or cut out and glued onto the sign. Depending on the material, size etc. of the sign, the technique used for transferring the artwork onto the sign varies.

Now for the wudhu symbol - any quick Google search for "free vector symbols WC" will give you loads of options - this page includes symbols of men and women washing their faces over a washbasin, for example. Anyway, you pick the symbol you like best. Ask the sign maker what format they need the picture in. If they say "vector format", you can convert any bitmap (non-vector) image to vector here. You could even design your own, scan it, and convert that to vector format.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Divine help means to have enough strength to do good deeds, when one intends to do.
    Hazrat Ibrahim Adham

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: Masjid 'wudu/toilet' signs

Jazakallah for your help sister. I'll have a browse around the links you sent. Im in North London.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Masjid 'wudu/toilet' signs

Also, of course, if you have any handy-crafty brothers willing to volunteer their skills, there are plenty of ways to make professional-looking signs yourselves. You can print out the desired symbol at the required size, then cut out the bit to be painted, and use as a stencil, then just spray-paint it on a nice piece of sanded wood, varnish it, and get a carpenter brother to deal with the wall-fixing bit.

You could even buy a cheap flat rectangular lamp and trim a simple printout (acetate would look more professional than paper) to size and glue it on the lamp.

Examples of lamps (from John Lewis, so not so cheap, but I bet IKEA does one!):

Divine help means to have enough strength to do good deeds, when one intends to do.
    Hazrat Ibrahim Adham