Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dr. Israr Ahmed has passed away...

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Re: Dr. Israr Ahmed has passed away...

Truly to Allah (swt) we belong and to Him will we return.

May Allah forgive the shaykh, enlighten his grave with the qur'an he kept teaching, and grant him highest stages in jannah, aameen.

His legacy is evident for all of us, may the next generations benefit from it.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post

Truly to Allah (swt) we belong and to Him will we return.

May Allah forgive the shaykh, enlighten his grave with the qur'an he kept teaching, and grant him highest stages in jannah, aameen.

His legacy is evident for all of us, may the next generations benefit from it.
    السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Ameen!

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Lightbulb Ulama of Deoband on Dr Israr Ahmed (RA)

Dr Israr Ahmed (RA): 60 years of dedication to the propagation of Qu'aan and work towards Re-establishment of Islamic Khilafah

Fatwa of Mufti ZarWali Khan (DB):

Q) Is it permissible to pray behind individuals who have the following Aqaid, “Jamaat-e-Islami”…

Mufti ZarWali Khan: Jamaat-e-Islami is a political movement so the correct question would be regarding those who agree with Maulana Maududi in Aqaid and Mufti Shafi (RA) has written in Jawahirul-Fiqh that a person should not pray behind them with their free will and happiness.

Dr Israr Ahmed (RA), some of his talks are weak but he is from Ahlul-Haq.

It is better not to pray behind Ahlul-Hadeeth and people of Bid’ah but if due to circumstances prayers is done behind them then it is better to repeat it.

The danger of leaving congregational Salah isn’t valid. Prayer should not be done behind Ahlul-Batil

Shaykhut-Tafseer Maulana Aslam Sheikhupuri on Dr Israr Ahmed (RA): Published Dharb-e-Mumin (27APR2010)

Dr Saheb

By Skaykh Aslam Sheikhupuri

The blessing and fortune of “Reverting to the Qur’aan” Dawah was destined to Shah Waliullah (RA) and his family in the Indian subcontinent. Thereafter, Ulama of Deoband became the true heirs and inheritors of this Dawah with Shaykhul Hind (Maulana) Mahmoodul Hasan Deobandi (RA) taking a central role who despite his senior age and feebleness returned to India after four (4) years of exile with a firm conviction and aim to dedicate his entire life to the cause of spreading the words, meaning and intent of the Qur’aan. Shaykh (RA) intended that he will spread the words of the Qur’aan amongst the children by establishing Maktabs and spread the meaning and intent of the Qur’aan amongst adults by public sermons and lectures on the Qur’aan.

Amongst the Ulama there were hundreds who dedicated their lives for the cause of Shaykhul Hind (Maulana) Mahmoodul Hasan Deobandi (RA), they established public Halaqahs of Qur’aan and even dedicated the Madrasa Holidays in organising Tafseer sessions. However Dr Israr Ahmed holds a special place amongst Non-Ulama who were specially touched and affected by the personality and Dawah of Shaykhul Hind (Maulana) Mahmoodul Hasan Deobandi (RA). Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) considered Shaykhul Hind (Maulana) Mahmoodul Hasan Deobandi (RA) a true reflection of the Dawah of Shah Waliullah (RA) and regarded himself as those who partook from his knowledge, methodology and Ma’arifah and considered himself as the intellectual inheritor of Shaykhul-Hind (RA).

Since Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) was neither a graduate from a Madrasa nor connected with a Shaykh, the Ulama truly associated with the circle and spiritual lineage of Shaykhul-Hind (RA) were always sceptical towards him and they had historical precedence favouring them. Ulama had witnessed that Fitnahs and movements such as “denial of prophet hood” and “denial of Hadeeth” had actually started out under the garb of “Quraanic Dawah” and once the masses accepted “Quraanic Dawah” seeds of ideological heresy and outright apostasy were sown within the ranks of the Ummah. Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) did realise the reservations of the Ulama, he continued to meet them, continued to invite them to his conferences, patiently listened to their objections and accepted his human errors in writings and speeches. His methodology of Bay’ah implemented in his organisation was also criticised and some of his ideologies were also discussed but it would be unjust not to acknowledge his services to the cause of “Reverting to the Qur’aan” Dawah. Shaykhul Hind (Maulana) Mahmoodul Hasan Deobandi (RA) used to say about Maulana Abul-Kalam Azda (RA) that this young man reminded us of our forgotten responsibilities, I would like to make a slight alteration and say “A Doctor reminded us of our forgotten responsibilities”.
    It is the duty and responsibility of Ulama to establish Halaqahs of Qur’aan, it was theirs yesterday and it is theirs today. But when the Ulama left their responsibility, others took over and there is no doubt that many were sincere in their intentions and driven by the love for the Book of Allah (SWT), driven by the desire and immense sadness that Muslims have largely abandoned the Book of Allah (SWT) for fictions and stories. They wanted to take the Quraan off the high shelves, unwrap it from its fancy covering and propagate its teachings within the Muslim society, however when they saw people being attracted to them they ceased being a teacher and became “Mujatid-Mutlaq” and some of them even criticised Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) and Imam Shaf’ae (RA). However, Dr Israr Ahmed (RA)’s name tops the list of those good people who came in the field of Qur’aanic Dawah.

He started his Dars of the Qur’aan in 1954 and by 1965 made Qur’aan and its propagation his sole objective in life and even sacrificed his medical career and practise. He writes, “Allah (SWT) knows about intentions but this humble servant remained engaged in this noble cause and in this period apart from some unavoidable worldly and Islamic needs no amount of energy was spent on gaining worldly possessions or financial gains”.

He was a qualified Medical doctor, familiar with the prominent ideologies and philosophies of the past and the present, learned in the field of comparative religion, conversant and familiar with the English language, knew the psychology of today’s youth and possessed eloquence. When the youth particularly the educated masses heard Quraanic Dawah in a tone familiar to their ears, they responded. He (RA) used all tools of modern media at his disposal and targeted the youth, introduced long and short courses on the Qur’aan and within a period of time a Jamaat of Qur’aanic teachers was formed.
    Summary of the Qur’aan after the recital in Taraweeh is also one of experiments and to the best of our knowledge he was a pioneer in this field and immensely successful. He (RA) wasn’t fond of simply giving a lecture but wanted to create a movement of “Islamic renaissance” by propagating and spreading the knowledge and Hikmah of the Qur’aan amongst masses. How successful was he in his movement? Only his students can answer that but there is no doubt that he fought well (in his cause) and each and every sincere Muslim should appreciate and aspire to a life of 60 years of dedication towards the cause of Book of Allah (SWT).

Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) was part of Jamaat-e-Islami for a few years and it is said about Jamaat-e-Islami that a person can come out of Jamaat-e-Islami but Jamaat never comes out of their hearts and some after-effects still linger and this is one of the causes why some stayed away from Dr Israr (RA). However, Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) explains that when he was part of Jamaat-e-Islami, he remained as the “Leader of the opposition” and despite having personal and close contacts with Maulana Maududi (RA) he never shied away from criticism. The truthfulness of Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) led to his separation from Jamaat-e-Islami. He stuck to his guns throughout his life and when PTV (Pakistan Television) tried to seat women (without Niqab) in his live Qur’aan sessions he refused and walked away from his popular TV show, Secular women in Pakistan demonstrated and took to the streets but Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) never compromised on the issue of Niqab. Even those who oppose him admit that Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) never compromised on commandments of Shariah and marriages of his own children are testament of his consistency in following the Shariah. I (personally in my experience) have found his adherents to be consistent in following the Shariah and respectful towards Ulama and Mashyakh.
    Now, when Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) has left this world after spending a fruitful life and travelled to his Creator (SWT) we hope that Allah (SWT) will show special mercy towards this “Servant of the Qur’aan” and include him amongst the ranks of true “Lovers of the Qur’aan.

Mufti rafi Usmani (DB) on Dr Israr Ahmed (RA): (Press Release 20APR2010)

Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) was a true solider of Islam and Pakistan. He lived near our Darul-uloom for a short time and during his stay used to pray his five daily prayers in our Mosque and we had several sittings with him. Thereafter, we also had the opportunity to share sev...eral meetings and I always found him to be sincere with Islam and Pakistan. There is room for disagreements with his opinions and we did but there is no doubt about his sincerity. Indeed he was an extremely sincere person and we have lost a sincere soldier for Islam and Pakistan. May Allah (SWT) forgive his sins, raise his rank and may his benefits continue to reach the Ummah as they reached when he was alive (Ameen)."

Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) sends his regards and gratitude to Taliban and Mullah Omar (Hafidahullah) on their hospitality and special treatment and recalls his meetings with them (Urdu talk entitled "Visit to Afghanistan)"

Amazing talk on Afghanistan, Taliban and Mullah Omar (HA)! I wish I could translate the whole thing...A cause that Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) supported and spoke about until he died.

P.S: I am neither Bay't to Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) nor part of his Jamaat in anyway whatsoever. In fact, I disagree with his Fiqh stance on offensive Jihad but truth has to be spoken when it comes to his Service to the Deen of Allah (SWT) and dedication.
    Last edited by Colonel_Hardstone; 28-04-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Ulama of Deoband on Dr Israr Ahmed (RA)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Hardstone
    Mufti rafi Usmani (DB) on Dr Israr Ahmed (RA): (Press Release 20APR2010)

Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) was a true solider of Islam and Pakistan. He lived near our Darul-uloom for a short time and during his stay used to pray his five daily prayers in our Mosque and we had several sittings with him. Thereafter, we also had the opportunity to share sev...eral meetings and I always found him to be sincere with Islam and Pakistan. There is room for disagreements with his opinions and we did but there is no doubt about his sincerity. Indeed he was an extremely sincere person and we have lost a sincere soldier for Islam and Pakistan. May Allah (SWT) forgive his sins, raise his rank and may his benefits continue to reach the Ummah as they reached when he was alive (Ameen)."

Let me rant here too...

Honestly, I cannot understand all this focusing on Pakistan: "Islam AND PAKISTAN", "Islam AND PAKISTAN".

Reminds me (and it's not good) of Palestinian activists talking all the time about the "Arab-Muslim Ummah", "al-Ummah al-'arabiyyah al-Islamiyyah"...

I recognize that Pakistan is an IDEA, wakes up an ideological concept, and nationalism has always something to do with ideology, being "ideologized localism".

It's this linking this "ideology of Pakistan" (akin maybe to the "ideology of panarabism", although the first is more Islamically connoted) to Islam, each and every time Islam is mentioned, that I fail to consider positively.

Be it clear, I'm telling this with the utmost respect for Mufti Rafi' Usmani Sahab.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Hardstone View Post
    Dr Israr Ahmed (RA): 60 years of dedication to the propagation of Qu'aan and work towards Re-establishment of Islamic Khilafah

Fatwa of Mufti ZarWali Khan (DB):

Q) Is it permissible to pray behind individuals who have the following Aqaid, “Jamaat-e-Islami”…

Mufti ZarWali Khan: Jamaat-e-Islami is a political movement so the correct question would be regarding those who agree with Maulana Maududi in Aqaid and Mufti Shafi (RA) has written in Jawahirul-Fiqh that a person should not pray behind them with their free will and happiness.....
    Assalamu-'alaykum

It was very sad to hear so.. i could not post at that time since i was busy in my exams..Alhamdulillah, i got a chance to attend the janazah of dr sahib alhadulillah and as every body must be knowing that it was also attended by Hahdrat Mufti Taqi Sumani, Mufti Rafi Usmani, Qari Haneeef jalandhari and Hafiz Husayn Ahmad. I had a chance to meet him thrice. Infact, i have also got some door ka rishta with him. I too believe that he was a very dedicated and mukhlis person and was, allhamdulillah, very close to the maslik of our ulama despite being im a company of some deviant scholars like maududi sahib and ameen ehsan islahi sahib. However, he did make mistakes and slips some of which are considerable.

@ Qibla muhatrim janab muadh khan (colonel hardstone): you said in another thread that no one is perfect (in reply to my comment whereupon i said that you must not Recommend people to listen/read dr.israr sahib). So this is true but this can not be an excuse to save anyone, deviant, from criticsim. Although dr israr might not be as deviant to get out of the circle of Ahlus-sunnah but still his talks/books contain some considerable mistakes which can be even more deviating for laymen.

I have had an oppurtunity of listening and reading dr.israr to some extent and i have discussed some objectionable issues which i could find on the following link:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...684#post378684.

As i mentioned, these things can be even more deviating for the laymen so they should be discouraged from listenin or reading dr sahib.

Also theres a book by Mufti Abdul Wahid available on the following link: http://www.nazmay.com/Islamic-Books/.

Hadhrat Maulana Yusuf Ludhyanwi too did some cricism on dr sahib in his Jiddat pasando k afkar (i believe this was the name of the book).

But do note that i am not a strong critic of dr sahib, rather, i defend him on some occasions (as i tried to show that dr sahib dissented with maududi sahibs stance on sahabah in khilafat wa malokyat in the above mentioned link). However, if required, i also do some criticism to discourage people (especially laymen)from listening/reading him. Otherwise, i respect him and ask Allah (after his death) to accept his good deeds and forgive his slips.

Wallahu A'lam
    Wassalaam

Sayyid Muhammad Talhah 'afaa Allah 'anh

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I just listened to this (perhaps telephonic) interview of Dr Israr Ahmed.

He mentions this article from one month before 9/11.