What motivates me is:
the VIRTUES of hifdh alquran, which we are told about in varies hadiths from rasul allah pbuh:
- "recite and ascend to your rank in jannah"
- "the best of you are the ones who learn the quran and teach it"
- " The crown of pearls/jewels the parents of a hafidh/hafidha will wear yowm alqiyama.
- Every letter of the quran read is equivalent to 10 hasanahs. Alif is a letter, laam is a letter, meem is a letter. So how much reward would a hafidh get from repeating and repeating ayahs till theyre memorised?
- The hadith regarding hellfire not touching quran. A hafidh, will have the quran in his flesh - hence hell fire will not touch a hafidh (if his intetions were pure... oh allahh purify our intentions!)
The virtues of the quran, from ayahs themselves such as:
- "Had we sent down this quran onto a mountain, you would see it cleave asunder from fear of allah" (surat alhashr)- then imagine the power itd have over a human been (compared to a mountain). The khushu' it gives them.
- "We had made the quran easy for rememberance; is there any that will remember it?" (surat alqamar)
- “Indeed, the recitation of Fajr is witnessed.” (surat alisraa)
And the fact that it helps in other ibadaat:- Tahajjud. Instead of readin the same surahs all the time, youd know the entire quran which will make the prayers easier
- Being able to move on to other sciences from tajweed to uloom alquran, usool al fiqh, Hadith etc. Quran is the prerequisite for further islamic studies/knowledge!
- It makes khatam's of quran faster and easier
- You can read quran everywhere, anywhere, anytime without relying on having the book.
- When drawing similtudes during dawah or explaining certain ahkaam to others - you can immediately dig into your memory for the relevant ayah to the point youre tyring to make
- To teach our kids in future (esp. of youre a mother. Since the mother is a school.. and she could be the mother of huffadh!)
... ill add to these as tiem goes by inshallah. They'll serve as a good reminder to myself also inshallah
Jazakallah khair for your prompt and detailed response akhi. May Allaah advance us all in memorization of His Book and helps us all to do that which pleases Him with pure intentions.
wa iyyak akhi
Other things that motivate me; 3 for today:
- Stories of huffadh.
- Other huffadh-wanna be's beating me in hifdh
- Taking advantage of youth b4 old age: seeing older people who know very little of the quran and the sorry state theyre in; trying to memorise at least an ayah, wishing to go back to the days they wasted. Those were the days they were able to memorise, but they didnt. REGRET.
"The Prophet S.A.W said, The Quran is more beloved to Allah than the heavens and the earth and what is between' ".
Subhan Allah! Can you imagine having the most beloved thing to Allah swt in your heart and mind... memorised. Allahu Akbar. This tips the balance in terms of motivation.
Memorizing the quran and reciting it to non-muslims in a melodious tone is a great way to give Da'wa.
Won't you come and see
loneliness? Just one leaf
from the kiri tree
sister, what do you mean by ,"recite and ascend to your rank in jannah"?
and jazakAllah for the hadith of RasuluLlah s.a.w.
wa iyyak akhi
Whoever memorizes Qur’aan and acts upon it, Allaah will reward him and honour him greatly for that, so that he will rise in status in Paradise to a level commensurate with what he memorized of the Book of Allaah.sister, what do you mean by ,"recite and ascend to your rank in jannah"?
I took the quoted phrase from the beautiful and famous hadith of rasul Allah sallah allahu 'alayi wassalam.
This is the full hadith:
Al-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.”
May Allah swt raise our ranks really HIGH in jannah, ameen!