Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Masnoon Duas

Madhhab
    Hanbali

In a narration of Tirmidhi, Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is reported to have said, 'He who performs Fajr Salat with Jamaat and remains seated in the same place while engaging in Dhikr until after sunrise and thereafter performs 2 Rakaats Nafil Salat, (Ishraaq), he will obtain the Thawaab of one Hajj and one Umrah.' (Tirmidhi).

I think one thing holding most people back from doing the daily masnoon ad'iaah and adhkaar in the morning and in the evening is the fact that they believe they will get too tired to perform the rest of their daily tasks. For most people it is quite a task to stay up until ishraaq and pray two short raka'ahs. But with the coming of summer, that excuse is no longer valid anymore. So insha'Allah, brothers should try their hardest and make it to the masjid for fajr salaah and after prayer is over, pick up Hisn-ul-Muslim or anyother book of adhkaar (Munaajaat-e-Maqbool of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi is pretty long, one can read from there too otherwise) and moisten his tongue with the dhikr of Allah (sisters can do the same at home). By the time one is finished with the chapter, it will be close to ishraaq and one can read surah YaaSeen and by the time he/she is finished, they can simply stand up, offer their two raka'ahs, and as simple as that one has obtained the reward of one Hajj and one Umrah. Allahu Akbar.

The adhkaar for morning and evening from Hisn-ul-Muslim can be viewed here:

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=27

After practicing this for a week or so, it becomes quite simple to memorize them. Insha'Allah, thereafter one can ask Allah for steadfastness in this and as summer passes them by, they will insha'Allah still be practicing this blessed action.

And Wallahi, these adhkaar are so beautiful and so powerful, one's day seem incomplete on those days where one does not have the opportunity to recite them. Just like Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah was quoted as saying from his student ibn ul-Qayyim, that he had to spend an hour or so in the morning doing adhkaar as it was his nourishment.

May Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa) allow us to implement this sunnah and ALL other sunan into our lives, as this is the TRUE respect and love of the status of Sayyidunaa Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

Wassalaam
    Last edited by Saleel; 17-06-2004 at 04:52 PM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ibnu Rashid
    Jazaakallaahu khayran for the reminder.

In a narration of Tirmidhi, Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is reported to have said, 'He who performs Fajr Salat with Jamaat and remains seated in the same place while engaging in Dhikr until after sunrise and thereafter performs 2 Rakaats Nafil Salat, (Ishraaq), he will obtain the Thawaab of one Hajj and one Umrah.' (Tirmidhi).

I think one thing holding most people back from doing the daily masnoon ad'iaah and adhkaar in the morning and in the evening is the fact that they believe they will get too tired to perform the rest of their daily tasks. For most people it is quite a task to stay up until ishraaq and pray two short raka'ahs. But with the coming of summer, that excuse is no longer valid anymore. So insha'Allah, brothers should try their hardest and make it to the masjid for fajr salaah and after prayer is over, pick up Hisn-ul-Muslim or anyother book of adhkaar (Munaajaat-e-Maqbool of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi is pretty long, one can read from there too otherwise) and moisten his tongue with the dhikr of Allah (sisters can do the same at home). By the time one is finished with the chapter, it will be close to ishraaq and one can read surah YaaSeen and by the time he/she is finished, they can simply stand up, offer their two raka'ahs, and as simple as that one has obtained the reward of one Hajj and one Umrah. Allahu Akbar.

The adhkaar for morning and evening from Hisn-ul-Muslim can be viewed here:

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=27

After practicing this for a week or so, it becomes quite simple to memorize them. Insha'Allah, thereafter one can ask Allah for steadfastness in this and as summer passes them by, they will insha'Allah still be practicing this blessed action.

And Wallahi, these adhkaar are so beautiful and so powerful, one's day seem incomplete on those days where one does not have the opportunity to recite them. Just like Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah was quoted as saying from his student ibn ul-Qayyim, that he had to spend an hour or so in the morning doing adhkaar as it was his nourishment.

May Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa) allow us to implement this sunnah and ALL other sunan into our lives, as this is the TRUE respect and love of the status of Sayyidunaa Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

Wassalaam
    Yo are you really hanbali?
    'Rebelliousness is an over-praised virtue, it is important to say something and not just threaten to say something, and there are better things to do with even a defective inheritance than trash it. - Clifford Geertz.

Madhhab
    Hanbali

I was seriously waiting for someone to mention something, a guju hanbali, strange huh?

But yes, I am Hanbali. Its a long story...but Alhamdulillah, thats what I am. I follow it as much as possible.

Is it really that shocking?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ibnu Rashid
    I was seriously waiting for someone to mention something, a guju hanbali, strange huh?

But yes, I am Hanbali. Its a long story...but Alhamdulillah, thats what I am. I follow it as much as possible.

Is it really that shocking?
    Yo man, post your story, I'd (and im sure others) would love to hear it.

I wonder if yours has to do something with a brush with the salafis because they seem to have a lot of correlation with hanbali views.

(not shocking, just interesting)
    'Rebelliousness is an over-praised virtue, it is important to say something and not just threaten to say something, and there are better things to do with even a defective inheritance than trash it. - Clifford Geertz.

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Since you asked...first off, honestly in LA there are probably 8 salafis (well, maybe a few more), so it didnt have much to do with them. Anyways when i started properly trying to practice islam, i had no real strong foundation in regards to many matters. And on top of this, i was quite young when i started college and most of the brothers there, masha'Allah strong in many ways, had no proper guidance from traditional 'ulama. Southern california is an absolute mess i tell you, every knowledgable person has their own maslak and its quite sad that even the proper 'ulama hardly correspond with each other. Anyways, everytime i used to mention a mas-alah being from a particular madhhab, i would get...well...made fun of. I eventually ended up with a distorted image of the concept of madhaahibs, especially the hanafi madhhab. But still one of the local ulama whose dars i used to attend would teach based on hanbali usool. After a year of college, i went to pakistan for a while, and alhamdulillaah some of my roommates were really awesome. One of them used to advise me alot regarding this, and seeing he was alot more knowledgable than me, i seeked his mashwarah and I decided to adopt the hanbali madhhab. He had studied a bit from 'Umdah of ibn Qudaamah so he taught me from that. And til now, thats what i follow, and Alhamdulillaah, i've been accepted for that.

just make du'aa for the situation here. Things seem to be getting a little better with the presense of more 'ulama. Strange as it seems, in this very cursed city is where i got to sit in the bayaan of Maulana Ahmad Laat (just 2 hours ago), bayaan of Maulana Tariq Jamil, had lunch with Shaykh Ahmad Ali and Shaykh Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf, spend a lot of time with Shaykh Mumtaz al-Haqq, as well being blessed with the suh'bah of many other 'ulama (i missed the opportunity to meet with Shaykh Hussain Abdus-Sattar).

May Allah guide us all and show us the Truth.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

JAK for the story.

I guess it just goes to show the dire need for Ulama everywhere.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

speaking about the need for scholors.............check out shariahprogram.ca for a really good madrassa. dear brother ibnu rashid, you said you're from cali, can you tell us if you've ever visited zaytuna, and how it is over there.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by maaz
    speaking about the need for scholors.............check out shariahprogram.ca for a really good madrassa. dear brother ibnu rashid, you said you're from cali, can you tell us if you've ever visited zaytuna, and how it is over there.

actually, i'd be very interested in hearing from people who have visited, how Zaytuna is and what the programs are like there
    `~*Allahu~Alam*~`

Smile :) it's sunnah :)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Created a new topic for this discussion .

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Zaytuna is in northern california, and the only time i went anywhere close to their was for an ijtema once. I am not speaking bad about anyone here, but after watching the video they have on the Zaytuna website regarding the institute, it seems the concept of hijaab/purdah is kind of relaxed. Wallahu a'alam, they might have their justification for it, but i myself favor the much more stricter opinion of Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam i.e. at minimum covering the face is waajib (I mentioned him because i came across his fatwa on this issue before. Of course the hanbali opinion is well known; its always been mandatory) so i'd feel quite uncomfortable going in such an environment.