Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: women wearing tight clothing

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default women wearing tight clothing

salaam

there is a hadith which states along the lines that if a woman wears tight/revealing clothing she will never enter jannah or even smell its fragrance. this this hadith authentic?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: women wearing tight clothing

The hadith does not mention tight/revealing clothing, but the wording is "women who will be naked despite being clothed." Can't help you on the authenticity, but I think its related in Abu Dawud.
    What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips

Madhhab
    Not Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    The hadith does not mention tight/revealing clothing, but the wording is "women who will be naked despite being clothed." Can't help you on the authenticity, but I think its related in Abu Dawud.

Is the meaning of it literal, or more abstract? Does it mean literally "naked" (in a physical sense) despite being clothed, as in like the poster above said with tight clothing or revealing clothing? Or is it more abstract, meaning that despite being clothed, she is :naked" as in too open and revealing of herself as a person (not in a physical sense).

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by PouringRain View Post
    Is the meaning of it literal, or more abstract? Does it mean literally "naked" (in a physical sense) despite being clothed, as in like the poster above said with tight clothing or revealing clothing? Or is it more abstract, meaning that despite being clothed, she is :naked" as in too open and revealing of herself as a person (not in a physical sense).
    In the OP sense I presume, where women despite being clothed will wear tight and revealing clothing, hence the equivalence of being naked.

The hadith is thus as follows;

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported Allah’s messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam having said this, "Their are two groups of people destined for the fire of hell. First, those officials who would carry with them whips looking like the tails of cows and they would use them for whipping people. Secondly, those women who would be naked despite being apparently clothed. They themselves will be inclined towards men and lure them as well. Their heads will be tall like the humps of Bukhti camels, bent onto one side (their hair will be styled in a bun). They will neither enter Paradise nor would they even smell the fragrance of Paradise which can be detected from great distances.
    What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips

Madhhab
    Not Muslim

Thanks. Yes, reading the whole thing does sound like it means in a physical sense. The fact that it describes the hair, would also mean that the women are not wearing hijab, so not wearing hijab would also be seen as "naked" in that passage.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

What the hadith explains is something very common. it could be refering to the fabric. today ladies wear clothing covering from head to toe but if it is of those see through fabrics then is she really covered. A lady would not stand infront of you in her underwear but if the top covering her bra is transparent she has no problem with it. we in the time of dajal where what is good will seem bad & bad will seem good. what is naked seems clothed & what is clothed seems naked. At the beach if she is in a bikini she feels ok but when its called underwear even if its I denticle then she would not what anyone to see it, unless if she has one of the those transparent tops that I mentioned.

as for the ladies with the hair well that has become fashion again. the whole ***** cat doll look. skiny jean, loose tops & then the buble on the head. they so perthetic, every one thinks they unique & they all look like mass produced robots.

However onece I was told by a sheikh that the sahabah didnt really understand what was ment by this naration because how could a woman be dressed but naked so they assumed it to be about akhlaaq & adab. they would be dressed like muslims but their hearts were not. today we have lots of those too. & the abayas made in Abu Dhabi are made very atractive, not revealing but the cloth & the way it shines & clings to the body will get a mans attention.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    In the OP sense I presume, where women despite being clothed will wear tight and revealing clothing, hence the equivalence of being naked.

The hadith is thus as follows;

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported Allahís messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam having said this, "Their are two groups of people destined for the fire of hell. First, those officials who would carry with them whips looking like the tails of cows and they would use them for whipping people. Secondly, those women who would be naked despite being apparently clothed. They themselves will be inclined towards men and lure them as well. Their heads will be tall like the humps of Bukhti camels, bent onto one side (their hair will be styled in a bun). They will neither enter Paradise nor would they even smell the fragrance of Paradise which can be detected from great distances.

when i read this hadith it remindes me of those sisters who wear hijaab that towers over their heads (resembles camels hump) and wear thight clothing.... although wearing hijaab they act like thier is no such thing as islam and do not have an ounce of hayaa in them... this hadith is a perfect description.

"I throw bricks at the devil so Iíll be sure to hit him
    But first at the man in the mirror so I can chase out the venom"

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jazakallah to the brother who posted the hadith it is one that i have heard being mentioned before but i've never read it in full.

We see some of our sisters who have the hijab and the scarf on and everything and yet when you look at their clothes they cling to the body, they reveal the figure and every time i see a sister in those clothes it reminds me of the hadith 'that women will be clothed but it will be as though they aren't clothed'.

Maybe its the cynic in me but i honestly believe that some people only wear the scarf buecause it saves them having to wake up early and fix their hair.

May Allah save our sisters from this, and grant them modesty and knowledge.
    Apologies for any mistakes and Allah knows best.

Asalamu- alaykum wa rahmatullahai wa barakatuh

Madhhab
    Not Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by O A M M A S C O T D View Post

Maybe its the cynic in me but i honestly believe that some people only wear the scarf buecause it saves them having to wake up early and fix their hair.
    Could it also be that some only wear it because they feel obligated to wear it, or forced? I was just thinking of the other thread posted on this forum about women in hijab using bad language, and it seemed to me that there are women out there who wear it out of obligation rather than out of conviction, if that makes sense. I have met many women who wear hijab, out of choice, and these women don't display any of these negative characteristics that i have heard of in these threads. I can see where, if a woman/ girl is not choosing to wear it out of her own personal convictions and values, but rather feels obligated or forced, then she also may not hold those same convictions and values that it is a symbol of; and therefore, might display qualities that are unbecoming.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by PouringRain View Post
    Could it also be that some only wear it because they feel obligated to wear it, or forced? I was just thinking of the other thread posted on this forum about women in hijab using bad language, and it seemed to me that there are women out there who wear it out of obligation rather than out of conviction, if that makes sense. I have met many women who wear hijab, out of choice, and these women don't display any of these negative characteristics that i have heard of in these threads. I can see where, if a woman/ girl is not choosing to wear it out of her own personal convictions and values, but rather feels obligated or forced, then she also may not hold those same convictions and values that it is a symbol of; and therefore, might display qualities that are unbecoming.

Or they wear it out of choice but for ulterior motives such as getting away with dating, drugs, drink etc. Believe me, these girls exist. The scarf is just that on their heads; a scarf. It's not hijab.

In fact such women sully the meaning of Hijab in my eyes and are the worse form of creation out there. Despicable creatures. Just observing their character, the way they talk, their arrogance is sickening.

This goes for guys in beards as well. (In case I'm accused of being a chauvinist)