Thread: Yajuj and Majuj

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Yajuj and Majuj

I heard Imran Hosein quote some tafsir saying that some of the Sahaba found the barrier built by Dhul Qurnain. Did the Sahaba actually give a location for this?

Second, from what I understand, he thinks Yajuj and Majuj are Caucasian people. However, weren't Caucasian people around before the Prophet had the dream showing him the hole in the barrier which eventually break down to unleash Yajuj and Majuj? How many scholars give credence to this theory as many lay people (especially since the success of the Arrivals/Revivals) are absolutely sure that he is correct?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Yajuj and Majuj

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad12 View Post

wa'alikum assalam

I heard Imran Hosein quote some tafsir saying that some of the Sahaba found the barrier built by Dhul Qurnain. Did the Sahaba actually give a location for this?

I am not aware of Moulana Imran saying anything regarding, "some of the Sahaba finding the barrier built by Dhul Qarnain". Can you or anyone else refer to which of his lectures (I would also like to be informed). InshaAllah, if I also later on come across that bit of information, (once it exists) I'll post on this thread. Would it be possible that you have confused the hadith on the prophet's sallahu alyahi wa sallam declaration on the hole being made on the wall of Gog and Magog? (The wall that was built as a barrier by Dhul Qarnain):

"Narrated Zainab bint Jahsh: that the Prophet sallahu alyahi wa sallam came to her in a state of fear saying: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah! Woe to the Arabs because of evil that has come near. Today a hole has been made in the wall of Gog and Magog as large as this (pointing with two of his fingers making a circle). Zainab said: "'O Allah's Apostle! Shall we be destroyed though amongst us there are pious people?" He said: "Yes, if evil increase". (Sahih Bukhari).

If you are certain what you heard (otherwise) please let me know which audio lecture or DVD. InshaAllah, if you remember.

Second, from what I understand, he thinks Yajuj and Majuj are Caucasian people. However, weren't Caucasian people around before the Prophet had the dream showing him the hole in the barrier which eventually break down to unleash Yajuj and Majuj? How many scholars give credence to this theory as many lay people (especially since the success of the Arrivals/Revivals) are absolutely sure that he is correct?

Moulana Imran has stated that Gog and Magog are "two communities of human beings who, according to the prophet Muhammad sallahu alyahi wa sallam, are descendants from Noah (as)" Refer to Surah Al Khaf and the Modern Age by ML Imran Hosein.

In the tafseer of the Surah given by Moulana he has explained that the story of Dhul Qarnain and the building of the barrier is an allegorical story of a world order constructed at one point by a blessed servant of God, bestowed by power from God and who possessed faith in Allah, whereas, the world order of Gog and Magog, would be the exact opposite from the world order that was established or modelled by Dhul Qarnain. Gog and Magog would adversely use the power bestowed upon them to punish those who are faithful (oppressed) and reward the unfaithful. (oppressors).

A reference Moulana gaved was Hadith Qudsi, which states, (that Allah says) " I have created creatures of Mine so powerful that none but I can destroy them".

Another reference by Moulana Imran was Hadith Sahih Muslim, " It will be under such conditions that Allah will reveal to Jesus these words: I have brought forth from among My servants such people against whom none will be able to fight; you take these people safely to Tur, ad then Allah will send Gog and Magog and they will swarm down from every height. "

Moulana Imran has explained that based on this believers would be provided with evidence that:

1. Not only has Gog and Magog has indeed been released but also,
    2. The world we are living in is now being controlled by Gog and Magog.

In identifying the people of Gog and Magog, ML Imran's reference is in Surah Al Anbiyah (21: 95-6).

"But there is a ban on a City which We have destroyed: that they (residents) shall not return - until Gog and Magog are let through (their barrier) and they swiftly swarm down from every height (or spread out in every direction)".

ML Imran establishes that the the city/town is Jerusalem, based on a direct hadith reference and indirect implications by another hadith. (you can find them in his book, J-I-Q)

He reasons that the world order that brings the Jews back to the Holy Land is that of Gog and Magog. He states that, "the method of study would be to look for a people who display, in their obsessive relationship with the Jews and the Holy Land, a strange difference in their behavior prior to the Holy Prophet sallahu alayhi wa sallam when compared with their behavior after the time of the prophet sallahu alayhi wa sallam.

You can read his analysis, evidence in Jerusalem in the Quran, (J-I-Q) under the chapter Gog and Magog in The Quran and Hadith.

Download the Arabic and English "Jerusalem in the Quran @ http://www.imranhosein.org/books/37-...the-quran.html

Surah Al Khaf and the Modern Age http://www.imranhosein.org/books/78-...odern-age.html
    "The Lord and Cherisher of the worlds, Who created me, and it is He Who guides me" - Ash-shu'araa: 77-78

Madhhab
    None

Ws ,

I have heard the same, I'm sure its from the lecture imam al mahdi and the Islamic calibrated. Sheath Iran does say that the barrier was visited by the Sahaba ra and it in ruins, the sheath also mentions that its in books of tafseer. Allah hi slim.

Hope this helps.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

ALLAH PAAK knows best

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalaam Aleikum Wa Rahmetullahi Wa Barakatuh,
    Here is the interpretation of famous scholar Bediuzzaman regarding to Gog and Magog :
    The events involving Gog and Magog are mentioned concisely in the Qur’an, and there are some details of them in narrations. Those details are not firmly established like the concise but incontrovertible matters of the Qur’an, and may be considered allegorical. They require interpretation. Indeed, they need to be interpreted, for the narrators’ interpretations have been mixed in with them.
    Yes, None knows the Unseen save God, one interpretation is this: it is an allusion and indication that just as the Manchurian and Mongol tribes, which in the heavenly tongue of the Qur’an are called “Gog and Magog,” together with some other tribes, several times overturned Asia and Europe; so will they again cause chaos in the world in the future. In fact even now some of them are famous anarchists, and anarchy is born of communism.
    Yes, so******m sprang up in the French Revolution from the seed of libertarianism. Then since so******m destroyed certain sacred matters, the ideas it inculcated turned into bolshevism. And because bolshevism corrupted even more sacred moral and human values, and those of the human heart, of course the seeds it sowed will produce anarchy, which recognizes no restrictions whatsoever and has respect for nothing. For if respect and compassion quit the human heart, those with such hearts become exceedingly cruel beasts and can no longer be governed through politics. Just the place for the idea of anarchy will be those oppressed, numerous raiding tribes, which are backward in respect of both civilization and government. The people who fit those conditions are the Manchurian, Mongol, and some of the Kirghiz tribes, who caused the building of the Great Wall of China, which is forty-days’ distance in length and is one of the seven wonders of the world. Expounding the Qur’an’s concise statements about them, Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) predicted their appearance miraculously and precisely.
    http://www.lightofquran.info/