Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I committed a sin during Ramadhan, will Allah forgive me?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default I committed a sin during Ramadhan, will Allah forgive me?

Salaam

I commited a sin today although I was not fasting but nonetheless I did it and it is the month of Ramadhan. I feel very bad and afraid that I have angered Allah. Can I still be forgiven, I feel terrible that I have wasted my Ramadhan as it is only a few days in.

Is there any way back for me? What i did was mbte (i feel embarassed so i am not spelling it all). I have repented but the Ramadhan conscious is on my mind and I cannot concentrate all day and now I am very depressed.

Does Allah's mercy get stricter in Ramadhan, what am i to do?

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Re: I committed a sin during Ramadhan, will Allah forgive me?

Wa 'aleikumu as-salaamu wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

What you should remember is that God forgives all sins as long as you repent. You are remorseful which is good, now what there is left to for you is to turn to your Lord in repentance - if you haven't already. You should also not speak of your sins to others, don't disclose that which God has kept a secret between you and Him, keep it that way because it sinful to expose ones sins.

Don't let depression take over you. Yes, you should feel bad but that doesn't mean that you should regard your Ramadan as wasted. Don't fall into depression. Have a little more hope and don't let the remorse turn into despair because God has forbidden us to despair from His Mercy. Have a little more. I would say God's Mercy is very broad, it isn't restricted, not even in Ramadan - in fact you would say quite the opposite. You have a chance to get a lot of your sins forgiven during this month.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by peace800 View Post
    Salaam

I commited a sin today although I was not fasting but nonetheless I did it and it is the month of Ramadhan. I feel very bad and afraid that I have angered Allah. Can I still be forgiven, I feel terrible that I have wasted my Ramadhan as it is only a few days in.

Is there any way back for me? What i did was mbte (i feel embarassed so i am not spelling it all). I have repented but the Ramadhan conscious is on my mind and I cannot concentrate all day and now I am very depressed.

Asalam Alykum,

In Ramadhan ALLAH swt forgives the sin of an individual which are equal to the foam of the oceans. Meaning, people who have chained themselves to the hell fire are also forgiven. Its a month of mercy. Seriously repent, make astagfaar.. Pray 2 or more rakat nafl (Prayer tawba) and adhere to not repeating it.

Ask assistance and guidance from ALLAH swt. This month get rid of your habits, sins and other things which make you feel guilty. Brother, its not worth it. Really, its not worth angering ALLAH swt.

All the best and I wish more knowledgeable brother or sisters help our brother out.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

yes u will be forgiven if u repent. just start fasting and try to avoid sins. thats my advice

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

Don't feel guilty that you have angered Allah and feel that his mercy is strict, as Allah himself wrote in his book which is besides him in his throne that "my mercy prevails my anger".
    Pray two rakahs of salaatul istigfaar then repent and weep before Allah, sincerely repent. Make a promise to yourself that you will never do this sin again and after this know that Allah has forgiven you, don't feel no guilt or depression, believe in his mercy strongly. If you begin to feel guilty again after repenting combat this feeling by reminding yourself that Allah states:
    "O son of Adam , as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind."

Lastly, Make a balance of the fear you have in Allah and the hope you have in Allah. To have hope is to believe, put your hope in him and believe that he has forgiven you.
    "This world is a passing dream which the sleeper is convinced is real, until unexpectedly the dawn of death frees him from this fantasy." [Maulana Rumi]

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

Salaam
    As long as you repent, and you must also supplicate with sincerity, hope, and seriousness and you must not have any doubt at all on whether Allah will respond

There are various Hadiths and Qutatinins form the Quran which I have listed below

"And My Mercy embraces all things". (7:156)

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

'God is bountiful and feels unhappy if He has to refuse to grant a wish. He feels embarrassed when a man holds out his hands before Him, and He has to disappoint him by turning him away empty handed.' Abu Dawud & At-Tirmidhi, on the authority of Salman Al-Farsi

Sahih Muslim HadithHadith 6622 Narrated byAbuHurayrah
    Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if you were not to commit sin, Allah would sweep you out of existence and He would replace (you by) those people who would commit sin and seek forgiveness from Allah, and He would have pardoned them

Hope that helps

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

Thankyou so much for your replies. I am trying hard and i am recovering from my depression. If one was to repeat the same sin in a moment of weakness despite repenting previously would I be out of Allah's mercy, would he not love me anynmore and would he get fed up of me?

I cry and am fed up of my depressive state, and sometimes in frustration I end up getting weak. I have nightmares and get totally paranoid. When i repented i felt a breath of fresh air and was really trying hard to get to do well in Ramadhan but then the moment of weakness and repeating the sin me thinking that I have used up my chances....I just dont know if i can start over again despite repeating same sin in Ramadhan, I want to change but my mind is getting paranoid!

Also would Allah get angry and show the person his punishment in this life via dreams etc? I get bad dreams and wonder if Allah is showing me my unseen future as he is angry with me and I have used up all my chances or is this me being paranoid sue to my depression and Allah (swt) would never show a persons future like that despite sins?

Please can you answer my above questions?

I am crying with despair and sometimes think just to end it all. The above two questions are making me so paranoid.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

Regarding your first question Allah (SWT),who named Himself Ar-Rahman (The Beneficent) and Ar-Rahim (The Merciful) is also Al-Ghafoor (The Forgiving). His Mercy overtakes His punishment and anger. He is more merciful to His creations than a mother can be to her infants. He created "man with weakness"; thus He knows and we should know that "to err is human," and "no one is perfect."

Prophet (SW) has said:

A certain person had committed 99 murders. He went to a scholar and asked, is there any chance of my being forgiven? The scholar said no, you have committed too many crimes. The man killed the scholar too, but his heart was restless, so he went to another scholar and asked the same question. He was told yes, but you must leave this town of bad people and go live in the next town in the company of good people.

So the man set out to the town he was told to go to. On the way he died. A man passing by saw two angels arguing over his dead body. The Angel from Hell said, 'His body belongs to me as he had not done any good in his life.' The Angel from Heaven said, 'His body belongs to me as he had repented and was set out to be with good people.' The man who was the passer-by said, 'Let us measure the distance of his body from the town he left and the town he was going to.'

This was done. He was found to be nearer to the town he was going to.
    There is one hadith I can't rememer where i read it from but I am sure there are people on this forum who know it.

It states If mankind were to stop sinning Allah would wipe us out and introduce a new race that sins and then repents as he loves to forgive.

HOWEVER DO NOT TAKE THESE HADITHS AS A LICENCE TO SIN, WHAT I BELIEVE THIS HADITH MEANS IS THAT IF YOU HAVE SINNED BE REMORSEFUL FEEL GUILTY UPON COMMITTING THE SIN MAKE
    INTENSION NOT TO DO IT AGAIN BUT AS STATED EARLIER WE ARE NOT PERFECT ALLAH KNOWS THIS.

THE PURPOSE OF THESE HADITHS ILLUSTRATE GOD IS ALLWAYS WILLING TO FORGIVE

Dreams I dont know much about, but Allah does often send messages through dreams or sometimes it could be your OWN sub concious mind, your guilt etc.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

Thankyou so much for your replies. I am trying hard and i am recovering from my depression. If one was to repeat the same sin in a moment of weakness despite repenting previously would I be out of Allah's mercy, would he not love me anynmore and would he get fed up of me?

I cry and am fed up of my depressive state, and sometimes in frustration I end up getting weak. I have nightmares and get totally paranoid. When i repented i felt a breath of fresh air and was really trying hard to get to do well in Ramadhan but then the moment of weakness and repeating the sin me thinking that I have used up my chances....I just dont know if i can start over again despite repeating same sin in Ramadhan, I want to change but my mind is getting paranoid!

Also would Allah get angry and show the person his punishment in this life via dreams etc? I get bad dreams and wonder if Allah is showing me my unseen future as he is angry with me and I have used up all my chances or is this me being paranoid sue to my depression and Allah (swt) would never show a persons future like that despite sins?

Please can you answer my above questions?

I am crying with despair and sometimes think just to end it all. The above two questions are making me so paranoid.
    FORGOT TO MENTION THIS you wrote "I am crying with despair and sometimes think just to end it all"
    Crying is Good it shows u your feeling bad and God loves to see tears especially towards him but when you wrote end it all thats not good, the devil often whispers whats the point Yyou have sinned alot how many times will God fiorgive you? Allah is the most merciful and whenyou ask for forgiveness you have to believe that Allah will forgive you and Inshallah he especially in this month

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Thnakyou brother, I appreciate your post.

Can someone comment on the dreams, maybe its my paranid mind? would allh really show one his future events like that ? the future is veiled so that we may live in hope? is it just my depressed mind?