Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunnah way of saying ''Straighten the rows.......''

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Sunnah way of saying ''Straighten the rows.......''

Assalamu Alaikum,

What are the exact words used by RasulAllah Sallahu Alayhi Wasallam when he used to order the lines to be straightened? The ahadith in arabic would be much appreciated!

I think the Imam of Masjid-al-Haraam goes like ''istawoo, istaqeemu, wa'3tadiloo, tarassoo''

I think a point needs to be made at many South Asian mosques where people seem to be standing (literally!) a feet away from each other without any sort of ''straightness''. No wonder our hearts are often full of jealousy and contempt for each other. May Allah protect us!

Jazak Allah Khair!

Wassalam

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: Sunnah way of saying ''Straighten the rows.......''

*bump*

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Anas narrates that Nabi said: Straighten you rows, for the straightening of the rows in Salaah is essential for the offering of Salaah correctly.

(Bukhari)

'An Anasin 'anin Nabiyyi : sawwu 'sufufakum fa inna taswiyatas 'sufufi min iqaamatis 'salaah

There's another one too...

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Abu Umaamah narrates that Rasulullah said: Allah sends Mercy and His angels invoke blessing upon the first row. Those present said: O Rasulullah! And upon the second? He replied: Allah sends Mercy and His angels invoke blessings upon the first row. (Again) they asked: And upon the second? He replied: And also upon the second. And Rasulullah further said: Straighten your rows, align your shoulders, be gentle to your brothers, and close the gaps. For verily Shaitan enters in the gap between you like a baby lamb.

(Musnad Ahmad, Tabarani, Majma-uz-Zawaid)

'An Abi Umaamata qaal: Qaala Rasulullahi : Innallaaha wa malaa'ikatahu yu'salluna 'alas 'saffil awwal, Qaalu Yaa Rasulallah, wa 'alath thaani? Qaal: Innallaaha wa malaa'ikatahu yu'salluna 'alas 'saffil awwal, Qaalu Yaa Rasulallah, wa 'alath thaani? Qaal: wa 'alath thaani, wa qaala Rasulullahi sawwu 'sufufakum wa 'haadhu baina manaakibikum wa leenu fee ikhwaanikum, wa suddul khalal, fa innash shaitana yadkhulu feemaa bainakum bimanzilatil 'hadhaf -ya'nee- awlaadadha'nis 'sighaar

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Jazak Allah Khair! I was pretty much looking for the ''sawwu 'sufufakum fa inna taswiyatas 'sufufi min iqaamatis 'salaah''

Madhhab
    Hanafi

My bad, I couldn't find the actual Arabic but those ahadith were taken from Muntakhab Ahadith Chapter: Salaah in Congregation .

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Dahdah View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum,

What are the exact words used by RasulAllah Sallahu Alayhi Wasallam when he used to order the lines to be straightened? The ahadith in arabic would be much appreciated!

I think the Imam of Masjid-al-Haraam goes like ''istawoo, istaqeemu, wa'3tadiloo, tarassoo''

I think a point needs to be made at many South Asian mosques where people seem to be standing (literally!) a feet away from each other without any sort of ''straightness''. No wonder our hearts are often full of jealousy and contempt for each other. May Allah protect us!

Jazak Allah Khair!

Wassalam

some of the hadiths have been mentioned in this article
    http://www.croydonmosque.com/pdf/In%...0to%20Feet.pdf
    إملاء الخير خير من السكوت والسكوت خير من إملاء الشر

"Speaking what is good is better than silence, and silence is better than speaking evil."

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

من وصل صفا وصله الله ومن قطع صفا قطعه الله

Is this also one of the saying?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

This sunnah is completely neglected in many mosques these days. The gaps between the brothers are becomming a joke. Atleast the ahle hadith brothers stick to this sunnah even though their is a difference of oppinion as to how close you should be. These days you don't even see brother shoulders touching each others. I pray thravih at a mosque near my town the other day and the gap that were empty in many rows could atleast fill another 100 brothers!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    This sunnah is completely neglected in many mosques these days. The gaps between the brothers are becomming a joke. Atleast the ahle hadith brothers stick to this sunnah even though their is a difference of oppinion as to how close you should be. These days you don't even see brother shoulders touching each others. I pray thravih at a mosque near my town the other day and the gap that were empty in many rows could atleast fill another 100 brothers!
    It just depends on the people. A lot of the people who come to pray tarawih are not masjid regulars and so may be less educated.

As for shoulders not touching a lot of the times this is the fault of the salafis/ahle hadith/whatever who focus only on touching the feet of the person next to them. In doing so, they adopt the most ugly stances, spreading their feet so wide apart that the people next to them can't come close enough to touch shoulders without stepping on their feet. One wonders how they can possibly have khushu in prayer while standing like that.

I still don't understand their obsession with the feet, while the ignore the shoulders/upper body.