Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pearls from Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Pearls from Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA)

Quote Originally Posted by True Life View Post

I as well think to remember having heard this incident in a Bayan lately. Possibly from Maulana Anzar Shah Qasmi (who by the way is NOT son of Allamah Anwar Shah Kashmiri), but not sure...

Alright, for the correction.

I thought Allamah Anzar Shah Qasmi and Allamah Anzar Shah Kashmiri were the same people. I just saw it in this link too http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...ten-urdu-bayan

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by a_muslim View Post

Allamah Anzar Shah Qasmi mentions the above incident (about Dr Muhammad Ashraf) in a bayan on the www.syedanzarshah.com website but in their he says that it was Mawlana Abdul Majid Daryabadi and that this incident was one of the reasons that he returned to Islam after being a communist. Recently though, in a local masjid, I was confused to hear a different incident on Abdul Majid Daryabadi's reversion to Islam, and after reading this (Pearl 2), it seems that Shaykh Anzar Shah confused the two.

I have tranlsated it directly from the letter written by Dr Muhammad Ashraf where he is narrating the personal Account himself after the passing away of Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) and the letter is printed in "Al-Jamiat"/ "Shaykhul-Islam Number" and the book printed by Jamiatul-Ulama Hind (India).

So the Account translated in "Pearl 2" is Authentic.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Maybe you can always add the sources at the bottom. It could encourage others to get hold of these books too and insha'Allah benefit even more. May Allah reward you.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Hardstone View Post

I have tranlsated it directly from the letter written by Dr Muhammad Ashraf where he is narrating the personal Account himself after the passing away of Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) and the letter is printed in "Al-Jamiat"/ "Shaykhul-Islam Number" and the book printed by Jamiatul-Ulama Hind (India).

So the Account translated in "Pearl 2" is Authentic.

btw i didn't doubt the authenticity at all, thats why i said Shaykh Anzar Shah was probably mistaken.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Lightbulb Love & Respect for the teachers...

Our Akabir had a deep spiritual and Academic connection with Jamia Mazahirul-uloom (Saharuhpur) and Shaykhul-Islam (RA) also had a prolonged and sustained connection with the Darul-uloom from the very beginning of his days and he (RA) had also benefitted from Shaykh (Maulana) Khaleel Ahmed Saharunpuri (RA).

In the days of Hazrat Saharunpuri (RA) whenever Shaykhul-Islam (RA) arrived during Lesson times he would quietly sit amongst the students and then he would gesture to the reciting student and take over the recitation of Hadeeth (from the student) in the presence of Hazrat Saharunpuri (RA) and only meet and shake hands with Hazrat Saharunpuri (RA) at the end of the Lesson.

Source: "Al-Jamiat"/ "Shaykhul-Islam Number" and the book printed by Jamiatul-Ulama Hind (India).

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Lightbulb Shaykhul-Islam (RA), Maulana Ilyas (RA) & Tableeghi Jamaat

A Tableeghi Ijtema was organized in Khanoli (India) and I (Shaykh (Maulana Ihtishamul-Hasan Kandhalwi (RA)) along with Shaykh (Maulana) Ilyas (RA) arrived at the Khanoli station. After coming out of the station we were informed that elephants have been gathered and we are to proceed towards the place of Ijtema in a procession. We stated that this is against the “Usool of Tableegh” and proceeded towards the place in a horse cart. When we reached the place of Ijtema we learned that this (Tableeghi Ijtema) was actually organized in opposition to a Indian (Congress) gathering where Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) was also speaking.

Shaykh (Maulana) Ilyas (RA) immediately suspended his speech, disbanded theTableeghi Ijtema and told everyone that Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) was in town and we should proceed to listen to his speech.

On the other side when Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) came to know that there was a Tableeghi Ijtema he cancelled the gathering and instructed the attendees to attend the Tableeghi Ijtema and returned to Deoband.

Both events were cancelled and both personalities have passed away but they have left us examples of sincerity which are hard to follow.

Shaykh (Maulana) Ilyas (RA) used to say, “If we had understood the politics of Shaykhul-Islam (RA) then we would have gathered our luggage and followed in his foot-steps from place to place BUT we have some realization of his rank and stature in the eyes of Allah (SWT) so we don’t want to destroy our Aakhira by disagreeing with his politics”

Source: "Al-Jamiat"/ "Shaykhul-Islam Number" and the book printed by Jamiatul-Ulama Hind (India).

P.S: My scanner isn't configured and I don't have time so quick time picture from Camera at this time in the morning before work : - )
    Last edited by Colonel_Hardstone; 26-11-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

If anybody have PDF copy of "Al-Jamiat"/ "Shaykhul-Islam Number", pleae upload it. JazakAllah

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Lightbulb Sense on Humour

During the Annual presentation ceremony if in a year many students failed a particular subject then Shaykhul-Islam (RA) would turn to the teacher and jokingly remark, "Hazrat! how come so many students have failed in your subject. How are you teaching?" and the gathering would burst into a laughter.

One year a few students failed in "Qadhi Mubarak" and this book was taught by Imamul-Ma'qulaat Shaykh (Maulana) Allamah Ibarheem (RA) who was close to Shaykhul-Islam (RA) and friendly with him since his student days.

Shaykhul-Islam (RA) turned to him and joked, "Janab, so many students have failed in your book, how did you become Imamul-Ma'qulaat ?"

Shaykh (Maulana) Allamah Ibarheem (RA) replied, "Hazrat! I am the Imam and not the students so my Imam'at is not at fault here!"

Shaykhul-Islam (RA) laughed and enjoyed the response.

Source: "Al-Jamiat"/ "Shaykhul-Islam Number" and the book printed by Jamiatul-Ulama Hind (India).[/QUOTE]

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Shaykhul-Islam (RA), Maulana Ilyas (RA) & Tableeghi Jamaat

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Hardstone View Post
    A Tableeghi Ijtema was organized in Khanoli (India) and I (Shaykh (Maulana Ihtishamul-Hasan Kandhalwi (RA)) along with Shaykh (Maulana) Ilyas (RA) arrived at the Khanoli station. After coming out of the station we were informed that elephants have been gathered and we are to proceed towards the place of Ijtema in a procession. We stated that this is against the “Usool of Tableegh” and proceeded towards the place in a horse cart. When we reached the place of Ijtema we learned that this (Tableeghi Ijtema) was actually organized in opposition to a Indian (Congress) gathering where Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) was also speaking.

Shaykh (Maulana) Ilyas (RA) immediately suspended his speech, disbanded theTableeghi Ijtema and told everyone that Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) was in town and we should proceed to listen to his speech.

On the other side when Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) came to know that there was a Tableeghi Ijtema he cancelled the gathering and instructed the attendees to attend the Tableeghi Ijtema and returned to Deoband.

Both events were cancelled and both personalities have passed away but they have left us examples of sincerity which are hard to follow.

Shaykh (Maulana) Ilyas (RA) used to say, “If we had understood the politics of Shaykhul-Islam (RA) then we would have gathered our luggage and followed in his foot-steps from place to place BUT we have some realization of his rank and stature in the eyes of Allah (SWT) so we don’t want to destroy our Aakhira by disagreeing with his politics”

P.S: My scanner isn't configured and I don't have time so quick time picture from Camera at this time in the morning before work : - )
    Request for duas and forgiveness from one and all.

Some Interesting Threads

The Heart and it's Functions
    Ikhtilaf of the Akabir on the Indo-Pak Partition
    Rethinking Education

www.shariat.info