Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bahishti Zewar in Arabic?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Abu Salma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    861

    Default Bahishti Zewar in Arabic?



    Has our beloved "Bahishti Zewar" ("Heavenly Ornaments") been translated into Arabic by any chance?

    If it hasn't, I would strongly urge one or more of our 'ulama to take on this task. There are thousands of Arab Hanafi women (and men for that matter) who could benefit from such a manual. A lot of the Arabic Hanafi literature are aimed at students of knowledge and 'ulama and not really that understandable or alluring to the 'awwam Arabic-speaking Hanafis.

    I would love to be able to share the wisdom of that book with my wife for example, but she doesn't understand English (or Urdu) and my translation skills do not do the book justice.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Shafi'i
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Bahishti Zewar in Arabic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Salma View Post


    Has our beloved "Bahishti Zewar" ("Heavenly Ornaments") been translated into Arabic by any chance?

    If it hasn't, I would strongly urge one or more of our 'ulama to take on this task. There are thousands of Arab Hanafi women (and men for that matter) who could benefit from such a manual. A lot of the Arabic Hanafi literature are aimed at students of knowledge and 'ulama and not really that understandable or alluring to the 'awwam Arabic-speaking Hanafis.

    I would love to be able to share the wisdom of that book with my wife for example, but she doesn't understand English (or Urdu) and my translation skills do not do the book justice.
    That book is really aimed and written for Hanafi woman from Indo-pak too many things in the book would make no sense to a Arabs


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Bahishti Zewar in Arabic?

    Quote Originally Posted by motheroftwo View Post
    That book is really aimed and written for Hanafi woman from Indo-pak too many things in the book would make no sense to a Arabs
    It could be edited slightly. There is already a "Students Male Version" in Urdu and English.


  4. #4
    Senior Member Abu Salma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    861

    Default Re: Bahishti Zewar in Arabic?

    Quote Originally Posted by a_muslim View Post
    It could be edited slightly. There is already a "Students Male Version" in Urdu and English.
    Yes... Indo-Pak specific issues could be removed.


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    3,872

    Default Re: Bahishti Zewar in Arabic?

    Quote Originally Posted by motheroftwo View Post
    ... too many things in the book would make no sense to a Arabs
    Such as?


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Bahishti Zewar in Arabic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunni_Student786 View Post
    Such as?


    For example, under "Innovations and Evil Customs":
    14. To observe Holi and Diwali
    23. To follow Hindu customs
    32. Not to prepare pickles etc, in the house of mourning for about a year or so.

    Especially the last one probably wont make sense to most people nowadays.


Similar Threads

  1. Bahishti Zewar
    By MuslimBrother1 in forum General Islam
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 25-10-2011, 06:32 PM
  2. Bahishti Zewar?
    By saihah in forum General Islam
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-08-2011, 09:47 PM
  3. Student's Bahishti Zewar online?
    By 'Abd al-Baari in forum General Islam
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-11-2008, 08:33 PM
  4. Bahishti Zewar - Do u have a copy ??
    By Useless_Slave_Of_Allah in forum General Islam
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 04:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •