Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jummah Khutbah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Jummah Khutbah

Due to the timing of salah in the masjid and the lesson timings, I finish college at 2.35pm. Alhumdulilah we have a jamaat which includes 2-3 muslim teachers and around 5/6 children mostly 6th form.

Usually the teacher leads salah however he wants us older 6th formers to take responsibility as he isnt always there, so Alhumdulilah me and another brother take it in turns to lead Jummah.

I am leading this week inshAllah and so I need a khutbah, preferably with the south african print style arabic, one that is short as well as the cleaners need the room etc.

I have seen Mufti Taqi Usmani d.b. sahebs booklet with the khutbah at the end but it is just way tooo long, and the timing then becomes an issue.
    I will inshAllah buy Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (r.a)'s book with the khutabhs in them asap.

I saw this pdf file http://gainesvilledawah.com/files/no...literation.pdf the arabic print is good however the quality is not excellent, so does anyone have a Jummah Khutab that is short with that style print? Also this khutbah seems a bit short and the ending doesnt have the iqamus salah part.

Also because we go to a catholic college and school the room that we pray in has a cross on the wall quite high up and lots of posters on the wall some with pictures of faces etc. Is it permissable to pray in this room?

P.S. sorry for rambling on...

JazakAllah Khair

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Jummah Khutbah

Here is another thread on the topic: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...ng-Juma-Khutba
    Abu Salma

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Both those pages are only the second khutbah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Inam View Post

JazakAllah Khair, Im copying the khutbah from Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi's (r.a) book from page 109/110. This is the most common one used in masajid however I am unsure where to stop and sit down in the middle and what to say whilst sitting?
    As brother Sulayman said, you only quoted the second khutba. You can choose any of the khutbas mentioned in the book by Mawlana Ashraf Ali (do look at the topic and see which topic would be relevant for your friends).

You should not say anything between the 2 khutbas when you are sitting down.

6. It is makruh-e-tahrimi for the muqtadis as well as the imam to raise their hands and make dua inbetween the two khutbahs when the imam is sitting. However, it is permissible to make dua in one's heart without raising one's hands as long as one does not say anything with one’s tongue - neither silently nor loudly.

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...-campus-jummah
    Also, there is another book online compiled by Mufti Shafi full of khutbaat by the scholars of Deoband. The Khutba of Shah Ismail is also included: http://www.scribd.com/doc/27591854/K...mmad-Shafi-r-a

There are some topics on this issue already with the relevant khutbas and rulings:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...-campus-jummah
    http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...a-Jum-a-Khutba
    And if he were to ask for a gentle lady in marriage, he would be refused, and when he leaves the world it does not miss him, and if he goes out, his going out is not noticed, and if he falls sick, he is not attended to, and if he dies, he is not accompanied to his grave.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

In this book called Namaz ki sab si bari kitab [The biggest book on prayer] by Mawlana Nadhir al-Haq Fatehpuri (uploaded on Ahsanululoom) it is stated on p. 567:

1. to fulfill the wajib of the khutba it is sufficient to state one time:
    Alhamdulillah or La ilaha illallah or SubhaanAllah

However, this will be Makruh Tahrimi.

2. Then the author states that the masnun manner of Khutba is that you perform the khutba like that of a long mufassal sura, like Surat Al-Mursalat. Lesser than this is makruh. And this length should count for each khutba: the first and the second.

In the footnotes a reference is made to Dur Mukhtar volume 2, p. 148.

Surat Mursalat has 50 verses. The Khutba would certainly take more than 5 minutes, and I am not sure the abovementioned khutbas fullfil the masnun way of performing the khutba. Perhaps there is a difference of opinion.
    And if he were to ask for a gentle lady in marriage, he would be refused, and when he leaves the world it does not miss him, and if he goes out, his going out is not noticed, and if he falls sick, he is not attended to, and if he dies, he is not accompanied to his grave.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Is the following khutbah permissable to use, both the first and second khutbah's?
    JazakAllah Khair

Also does anyone have the Arabic for the transliteration in part 2. If the whole khutbah can be provided in south African print it would be perfect.

JazakAllah Khair

I am neither a Scholar nor know Arabic but this Khutbah appears to be absolutely fine for the 1st Khutbah.

If you can read this then that's fine and you have plenty of 2nd Khutbahs in the first post.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by suleimanibnsalim View Post
    Both those pages are only the second khutbah.
    assalamu alaikum
    plz see this link for khutbas of haramain in audio,video and text format
    http://gate.gph.gov.sa/index.cfm?do=...TOKEN=96006189

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Due to the timing of salah in the masjid and the lesson timings, I finish college at 2.35pm. Alhumdulilah we have a jamaat which includes 2-3 muslim teachers and around 5/6 children mostly 6th form.

Usually the teacher leads salah however he wants us older 6th formers to take responsibility as he isnt always there, so Alhumdulilah me and another brother take it in turns to lead Jummah.

I am leading this week inshAllah and so I need a khutbah, preferably with the south african print style arabic, one that is short as well as the cleaners need the room etc.

I have seen Mufti Taqi Usmani d.b. sahebs booklet with the khutbah at the end but it is just way tooo long, and the timing then becomes an issue.
    I will inshAllah buy Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (r.a)'s book with the khutabhs in them asap.

I saw this pdf file http://gainesvilledawah.com/files/no...literation.pdf the arabic print is good however the quality is not excellent, so does anyone have a Jummah Khutab that is short with that style print? Also this khutbah seems a bit short and the ending doesnt have the iqamus salah part.

Also because we go to a catholic college and school the room that we pray in has a cross on the wall quite high up and lots of posters on the wall some with pictures of faces etc. Is it permissable to pray in this room?

P.S. sorry for rambling on...

JazakAllah Khair

Praise be to Allaah.

The Muslims should strive as much as they can to build their own places of worship, which should be built according to Islamic sharee’ah, structurally sound, without extravagance or decoration. If the Muslims cannot build their own mosques and they need a place to pray, and they cannot find anywhere other than a church, then “hiring churches to pray in them is not forbidden in sharee’ah if it is necessary, but praying towards statues and pictures should be avoided, and they should be covered or concealed if they are in the direction of the qiblah.”

(Majma’ al-Fiqh al-Islami, p. 47)

I would add that there cannot be photos or crosses exposed during salat in the direction of the qibla, and during Juma, you should cover all such things in the room.

If you cannot, then you should put a barrier between the people and the cross/photos so it is not visible, such as a screen. If you cannot do that, then its better to find a room without these.

When I was first in college, the university refused to reserve rooms for us so we held salatul jumah right in the middle of the quadrangle during Friday lunch. About 20 of us Muslim students lined up for salatul jumu`ah including a khutbah right so 100s of students could see us. They finally reserved rooms for us. We even had support from local Muslims who weren't students but supported our cause, so they provided security. That was way back in the early 1990s.
    Now, you would definitely get attention if you did this insha Allah.
    Abu Shamah had narrated, via the Sanad of Abi Ziyad bin Hudayr, saying:

"Omar said to me: Do you know what destroys Islam? I said, No! He said: A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray".

Senior Member Student_Of_Knowledge's Avatar
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

From Khutbatul Ahkaam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have Respect For The Haramain

Please Recite:

Surah Yaseen (22)
    Surah Kahf On Fridays (15 Juz)
    Surah Dukhan On The Night Of Friday (25 Juz)
    Surah Tabarak/Mulk - Every Night (29 Juz)
    Surah Sajdah - Every Night (21 Juz)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by adam51210 View Post
    From Khutbatul Ahkaam

Brother, is it possible if you scan entire book and share it here with us?

مَنْ يُرِدِ الله بِهِ خَيْرًا يُفَقِّهْهُ فِى الدِّينِ

If Allah desires good for someone, He gives him understanding in the Deen. (Bukhari)

Mawlana Jami on Sahabah...