Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage in Muharram/saffar ?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Unhappy Marriage in Muharram/saffar ?

Is there ANY prohibition regarding marriage to take place in the sacred month
    of Muharram ? ...
    I was planning to fly back and get my nikah done during the Christmas vacations
    but i have just been told that i can't (!) since muharram is starting in the 1st week of
    December. Now this is major setback as i have to renew my flight bookings and replan the whole thing
    I think i read somewhere that the our Prophet (SAW) married one of our mothers (Umme salmah ?) in muharram ... can anyone here confirm this ?
    I had an idea that usually shia hold such practices ... but there is no shia even in my extended family ... please help me i really need some evidence before i can confront them about this
    and what about safar ? didn't Hazrat Aisha (ra) married the prophet (SAW) in safar ?

Can anyone please clarify all this ... ? i really need some help

On the authority if Hazrat Abu Hurairah (RA) ; The Rasool-ullah (SAW) said :

" Part of someone's being a good muslim is his leaving alone that which does not concern him."

(Tirmidhi)

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” LC

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Marriage in Muharram/saffar ?

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post

of Muharram ? ...
    but i have just been told that i can't (!) since muharram is starting in the 1st week of
    December. Now this is major setback as i have to renew my flight bookings and replan the whole thing
    I think i read somewhere that the our Prophet (SAW) married one of our mothers (Umme salmah ?) in muharram ... can anyone here confirm this ?
    I had an idea that usually shia hold such practices ... but there is no shia even in my extended family ... please help me i really need some evidence before i can confront them about this
    and what about safar ? didn't Hazrat Aisha (ra) married the prophet (SAW) in safar ?

It is absolutely permissible. we can do marriage in any month

Madhhab
    Shi'ite

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post

of Muharram ? ...

it is usually seen that if anyone in ones family dies,there is no fuction or celebration.he was a my family.so i will never do it.
    however as our sunni brother do not regard as imam hussain slaughter any important and find it a happy occasion. it is like other days of the year.you can marry.there is no problem.
    safar is also ok.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by aiman View Post
    however as our sunni brother do not regard as imam hussain slaughter any important and find it a happy occasion.

We do not find it a happy occasion as you have accused us of. There is at least one big personality who has died in every month. So by your argument, dont marry in any month and do not get any of your family to marry in any of the month as well.

Madhhab
    Shi'ite

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dajanaa View Post

We do not find it a happy occasion as you have accused us of. There is at least one big personality who has died in every month. So by your argument, dont marry in any month and do not get any of your family to marry in any of the month as well.
    good to know that it is not a happy occasion for you as well.but i have seen people really celebrating that day.
    regarding particular as imp depends on whom you think as important and a person who change your life.for example, we will not celebrate on the day our rasoolallah left this world.
    as for me, he is my fore father.therefore,very sad occasion.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

good to know that it is not a happy occasion for you as well.but i have seen people really celebrating that day.
    regarding particular as imp depends on whom you think as important and a person who change your life.for example, we will not celebrate on the day our rasoolallah left this world.
    as for me, he is my fore father.therefore,very sad occasion.
    Islam teaches us to concentrate on productive things. That is why we are not allowed to mourn on death of some one for more than 3 days. If husband dies, then wife is allowed to mourn for 4 months, after that she can also marry another person and get along with her new life

Regards

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Brother nuke looks like your family has been corrupted with shia cultural beliefs, but its hardly surprising as most of Pakistan is adulterated with some form of kuffar beliefs whether they be hindu or shia.
    What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

The date 10 Muharram also had many good things going on in it, including the day Nuh' ship landed after the Flood, the destruction of Fir'aun's army in the sea, and Ibrahim a.s. was saved from burning, and Yunus a.s. came out from the Great Fish. It is these things that Sunnis celebrate, by fasting.

Madhhab
    Shi'ite

Quote Originally Posted by Aseatic View Post
    The date 10 Muharram also had many good things going on in it, including the day Nuh' ship landed after the Flood, the destruction of Fir'aun's army in the sea, and Ibrahim a.s. was saved from burning, and Yunus a.s. came out from the Great Fish. It is these things that Sunnis celebrate, by fasting.
    salam brother!
    moharram has its background whose elaborate details have been given by Muslim historians and I need not cite them here. Briefly, it may be said that Imam Husayn's revolt, staged against the tyranny, injustice, and repression of the regime and torture and execution of pious Muslims, which violated the Islamic concept of a just Islamic polity and society, was to uphold the ideals and values of Islam propounded in the Qur'an and the traditions of the Prophet (S), to rescue the higher human values, moral, social, political and spiritual, and to preserve the true spirit of Islam. It was basically aimed by the martyred Imam ('a) to rescue Islam as the message of the last Prophet, a message that had to endure, not only in the hearts and spirits of saints but on the plane of society, and he achieved his purpose most completely. The episode of Karbala' became the everlasting stage on which, more than anything else, the great spirit of an Imam of the Ahl al-Bayt was put for eternal display, not in mere words or traditions recorded in books, but against the background of the greatest tragedy in human history and scenes of love and loyalty, bravery and sacrifice, nobility and high spirituality, blood and battle, and also those of treachery and betrayal, human abasement and wretchedness, perversity and depravity.karbala is also a reminder as to how women and children of our rasoolallah house were humiliated and tortured by the yazeeds army.
    so, i think not even shias but muslims at large must mourn his death.
    imam hussain's tragedy uncovers the dark acts of ummayads.is this the reason to avoide it by our sunni brothers?i dont know.i am just asking if someone can clearify
    for me, its more important as he is my family.or rather i am from his family.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

salam brother!

for me, its more important as he is my family.or rather i am from his family.

The importance shouldn't make a difference whether you're from his family or not.

Anyways, this thread is way off topic.

Bottom line is that it is perfectly permissible to marry in any month. In fact Rasulullah married in the month of Safar.
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib