Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transsexual Interested in Islam

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Transsexual Interested in Islam

There is a transsexual who is interested in converting to Islam. He asks can a transsexual convert to Islam. He said that he is taking female hormones and that he has breats now. He said that he wouldn't want to become a man again for the sake of Islam because his family wouldn't take him seriously anymore and he says he would just rather kill himself than live as a boy. Needless to probably say that he feels pretty strongly about the matter. He is also 16-years-old, so quite young. He also says that on other forums Muslims don't take seriously and send him hate mail. He also says that he is quite sad because he wants to convert but then he has this matter.

How would you advise such a person? What is the scholarly advice for this case? I know that the Prophet Muhammad cursed the effeminate man and that changing the creation of God is one of the commands of Satan.

Please, give me advice that I can pass unto him as I feel that this matter is too sensitive for me to answer and I lack the knowledge and wisdom to answer him.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Transsexual Interested in Islam

What gender is he attracted to? The question brings up and interesting dilemma, a bit like the chicken and the egg question. Does one abstain from the sin and then make a commitment to Islam or does one convert to Islam and perhaps through the enlightenment, one may develop the taqwa to abstain or revert from the sin.
    What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Younes View Post

There is a transsexual who is interested in converting to Islam. He asks can a transsexual convert to Islam. He said that he is taking female hormones and that he has breats now. He said that he wouldn't want to become a man again for the sake of Islam because his family wouldn't take him seriously anymore and he says he would just rather kill himself than live as a boy. Needless to probably say that he feels pretty strongly about the matter. He is also 16-years-old, so quite young. He also says that on other forums Muslims don't take seriously and send him hate mail. He also says that he is quite sad because he wants to convert but then he has this matter.

How would you advise such a person? What is the scholarly advice for this case? I know that the Prophet Muhammad cursed the effeminate man and that changing the creation of God is one of the commands of Satan.

Please, give me advice that I can pass unto him as I feel that this matter is too sensitive for me to answer and I lack the knowledge and wisdom to answer him.
    This is like a christian saying " I want to convert to Islam, but I still wanna worship Jesus(AS), what should I do?"

The answer is simple, and the trany might not like it.

Allah created him as male - he must remain a male - and supress his worldly desires to be a female.

He cant have both.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by MujahidAbdullah View Post
    This is like a christian saying " I want to convert to Islam, but I still wanna worship Jesus(AS), what should I do?"

The answer is simple, and the trany might not like it.

Allah created him as male - he must remain a male - and supress his worldly desires to be a female.

He cant have both.
    I think your making the wrong comparison. By worshipping Jesus one is committing shirk and hence will remain outside the fold of Islam. However in the above example one maybe considered a sinner, as long as he recognises what he is doing is a sin, and still remain in the confines of Islam. Perhaps his conversion may also bring him some solace and courage to revert his gender transition. However I would strongly like to add that if he is serious about Islam he should make a strong commitment and put his gender transition (hormonal treatment) on hold.

P.S. Brother MujahidAbdullah I found your answer to be slightly derogatory to what seems to be a genuine question.
    What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    I think your making the wrong comparison. By worshipping Jesus one is committing shirk and hence will remain outside the fold of Islam. However in the above example one maybe considered a sinner, as long as he recognises what he is doing is a sin, and still remain in the confines of Islam. Perhaps his conversion may also bring him some solace and courage to revert his gender transition. However I would strongly like to add that if he is serious about Islam he should make a strong commitment and put his gender transition (hormonal treatment) on hold.

P.S. Brother MujahidAbdullah I found your answer to be slightly derogatory to what seems to be a genuine question.
    I beg to differ - the phsycology behind Transgender people is this.

They are not homosexual - they are men trapped in a womans body (vice versa) - there was a mistake when they were made (either by God or by nature) - this aqaid would in fact put a person outside of the fold of Islam, because they are saying that Allah made a mistake when creating them and gave them a penis when they were meant to have a vagina.

In addition, Isalm is submission, meaning you submit to Allah and his injunctions - for many, this is a slow process, and a new shahadah is not expected to follow every law to the tee the moment they take shahadah. But to tell this person that all they have to do is belive - and they can live in sin for the rest of their lives as long as they believe - is tantamount to christianity.

I see all too often appeasment and abandonment of Islamic ideas in the name of dawah - there are cases where a person must be told the harsh truth - in this case, the transexual must be told that his identification as transgender (and not as homosexual) is sinful and will prevent him from becoming Muslim. He also must be told that his choice to take hormones and sleep with men is also forbidden and he must stop immediatly if he feels Islam is correct.

If the trany decides his reasoning regarding the mistake made in his creation is superior to Islam, then he has outright denied Allah.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Salamun 'alaykum,

We should never let anything come between a person and their Islam, or Iman. You said that he would not want to revert to being a man again as his family wouldn't take him seriously. Once he is a muslim and Iman enters his heart, it may be that his care for what would please Allah weighs more than what his family would think of him.

The Sword have made people Muslims, Iman came later.

wa'Allahu a'lam

Madhhab
    Maliki

Islamic law has always recognised the existence of mukhannath and this would not prevent anyone becoming Muslim, placing preconditions on someone wishing to become Muslim, like saying such and such must be given up before you can take the shahada is in itself Kufr, as anything in the Sharia is only obligatory on someone after they're Muslim. Anyone who wishes to take the shahada must be accepted as they are. It's blindingly obvious that it's better to die as a Muslim drowning in sins that to die on kufr after having led a moral and upright life.
    If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves. —Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I think Brother MujahidAbdullah has raised some very strong points

Madhhab
    Don't know

As-salamu 'aleikum

What is the jurisprudence concerning a mukhannath?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Islamic law has always recognised the existence of mukhannath and this would not prevent anyone becoming Muslim, placing preconditions on someone wishing to become Muslim, like saying such and such must be given up before you can take the shahada is in itself Kufr, as anything in the Sharia is only obligatory on someone after they're Muslim. Anyone who wishes to take the shahada must be accepted as they are. It's blindingly obvious that it's better to die as a Muslim drowning in sins that to die on kufr after having led a moral and upright life.
    Mukannath are effiminate males - and special circumstances have been given to them - Rasoolullah did in fact spare the life of a mukannath who was brought to him, and di in fact affirm his Islam by stating that he prayed and believed.

This however is different fro the modern transgender movement who is not only effeminate, but also maintains that somewhere along the line, there was a mistake when they were assigned a gender, and so now, as adults, they are correcting this mistake. This is a violation of basic Aqeedah - to believe that Allah made a mistake when creating them is the problem.

If a gay man wanted to accept Islam, and recognized that his gay tendencies were sinful, there would be nothing preventing him from being Muslim. However, the transgender person must first abandon their belief in transgenders altogether, because the simple notion of transgender violates basic aqeedah.

If a non-Muslim came to you and said, "I want to become Muslim, but, I dont believe in Angels" this would prevent them from being Muslim - the same goes for a transgender who believes in the oneness of Allah and Rasoolullah, but denys Allahs perfection and Wisdom.