I just saw that brother colonel has already opened a thread regarding this topic, I was thinking of doing it. But Brother colonel is mashaAllah always ahead in helping others. JazakAllah khairun brother.
I have a book "Healing with the medicine of the Prophet" which is one the best books concerning the prophetic medicine. So I thought of writing small peices so everyone can benefit in sha Allah.
I will continue to do so if you find it helpful.
Book: Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet -
Author: Imam Ibn Qayyim Al Jauziyah
Edited by: Abdul Rahman Abdullah Formerly Raymond J. Manderola (fordham univeristy USA)
The book is divided into these sections:
1. Kind of dieases
2. Using Natural Medicines.
3. The prophers guidance on using divine Raqyah
4. Alphabetic listing herbs, fruits and others
I will type in everyday and in small chunks so one can read quickly.
Watermelon/Bittikh............................... Abu Dawud and At Trimidhi narrated that the Prophet PBUH used to eat watermelon with ripe dates, saying:
"The hotness of this substance (dates) neutralizes the coolness of that (Watermelon)" -
(mentioned to be authentic hadith)
Explanation: 1. Green watermelon is cold, wet and sweet. It also works as a cleanser for stomah and intestines.
2. Watermelon departs from the stomach quickly and blends with what ever substances are present in stomach.
3.It is beneficial to eat watermelon when it is warm but when it is cold, its better to have it with ginger to offset its harm.
4.Watermelon should be eaten befoer the meals, otherwise it causes nausea. This is also mentioned by Doctors that eating watermelon before meals in beneficial.
Allah swt says "In them (both) will be fruits and date palms and pomegrantes"
Also Ali RadhiAllah unho was reported to have said "Eat Rumman with its pulp because it coats the stomach"
1. It is a mild constipating agent.
2. It is good for throat, chest and lungs and also relieving cough.
3. It helps increase semen production
4. Should not be given to those who have fever
5. Rumman juice when cooked with some honey until it becomes like ointment and used as eye drops, it will clear the yellow colour, when placed on gingival (gums), it will help against rashes
6. When Rummans seeds are mixed with honey, they can get rid of malignant ulcers.
7. Rumman flowers also have healing powers - It is said if one swallows 3 Ruman flowers each year, he will be immune from opthalmia (conjuctivitis) - for an entire year.
Next: Prophets PBUH guidance on physical activity