Tips on attaining Patience .
1) If it is difficult for you to be patient, then you can sincerely supplicate to Allah (Ta'ala) to make you patient. The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: 'Whoever seeks to be patient, Allah will make him patient
So ask Allah (Ta'ala) to make you patient.
Prophet Ayuub (alayhis salam) said to Allah (Ta'ala) in supplication:
"Verily distress has seized me,and you are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy."[21.83]
"We found him patient; how excellent a servant! Truly he was ever turning (to God) with supplications."[38.44]
If we walk towards Allah (Ta'ala), Allah will run towards us and help us.
2) Our good intentions are rewarded!!! So your good intentions to become patient will be rewarded, inshaAllah. And good intentions are very important.
"Verily, Allah (Ta'ala) has ordered that the good and the bad deeds be written down. Then He explained it clearly how (to write): He who intends to do a good deed but he does not do it, then Allah records it for him as a full good deed, but if he carries out his intention, then Allah the Exalted, writes it down for him as from ten to seven hundred folds, and even more. But if he intends to do an evil act and has not done it, then Allah writes it down with Him as a full good deed, but if he intends it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed". [Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]
3) If you get into something that might make you impatient then say:
"Truly to Allah we belong, and truly to Him shall we return".
"Certainly, We shall test you with fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient - those who, when afflicted with calamity say, "Truly to Allah we belong, and truly to Him shall we return." it is those who will be awarded blessings and mercy from their Lord; and it is those who are the guided ones" [2:155-157]
4) Try to do deeds that Allah (Ta'ala) loves. Basically any good islamic practices that will allow you to get closer to Allah (Ta'ala), and this will change your overall character, and therefore, patience, inshaAllah.
Dhikr might help you. Dhikr means to remember God. And for that,w e repeat phrases of worships such as: "La ilaha ill-Allah" (There is no deity worthy of worship, but Allah (Ta'ala), "Astaghfirullah" (I seek the forgiveness of Allah), etc.
5) Always keep in mind the reward for the patient ones,it will allow you to keep striving. The reward is immense as Allah (Ta'ala) says
Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord: good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is Allah's earth! Those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!"[39:10]
6) If something annoys you, remember this hadith:
Abu Saeed al-Khudri (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
"A Muslim is not afflicted by hardship, sickness, sadness, worry, harm, or depression - even if pricked by a thorn, but Allah expiates his sins because of that." [Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Aishah (radiAllahu anha) narrated that once some pain afflicted the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) causing him to suffer and turn about in his bed. she said:
"Had one of us done this, you would have blamed him." He (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) replied:
"An ailment is intensified for the righteous. whenever a believer is afflicted by a hardship, whether it is a thorn or more, a sin is taken off from him because of it, and he is elevated by one rank (in Jannah) [i.e. in Paradise]." [Ahmad]
7) You can always try to fast if you think it could help you. If being patient is difficult to achieve,then try to fast if you are able too. The reward for fasting is IMMENSE.
Fasting will allow you to focus on pleasing Allah (Ta'ala), so you will more likely become patient. If you have never fasted before,the first fast might be a little difficult, but then it will be easy, and Allah (Ta'ala) will help you. Remember that for every effort that you make to become patient, you will be rewarded, inshaAllah.
8) The lack of patience will not change things around you,on the contrary it will only worsen things if you are impatient, so it will make you more sad. If you realize that it will only further your anguish, then it will help you strive to be patient. Just think of the time when you were impatient, the bad feeling you had, then think to yourself "Do I want to feel like that again?"
Finally, thinking of the reward will always keep you striving.
May Allah guide us all - Aameen