Thread: Colleagues backbiting

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Colleagues backbiting

Salam alaykum,

What should I do if my colleagues at work are continuously backbiting. They are non-muslims and I already told my boss about this that I found it annoying. He said that at most workplaces there are people who are backbiting.
    I don't know what to do. Backbiting is a major sin. Should I leave this job and look for another?

Please give me some advise...

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Colleagues backbiting

Wa alaykum salam,

Backbiting is a major sin, yes but non-muslims commit a greater sin which is denying the existence of Allah and/or the Prophethood of Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam.

They probably don't see backbiting as any kind of sin. They need to accept Islam in the first place, in order for that to happen.

What your boss said is right, you are likely to find backbiters everywhere. I wouldn't quit your job due to this reason.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ssjkakarot View Post
    Wa alaykum salam,

Backbiting is a major sin, yes but non-muslims commit a greater sin which is denying the existence of Allah and/or the Prophethood of Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam.

They probably don't see backbiting as any kind of sin. They need to accept Islam in the first place, in order for that to happen.

What your boss said is right, you are likely to find backbiters everywhere. I wouldn't quit your job due to this reason.
    I second not leaving. But Living by example, you know it's wrong and you won't involve yourself however tempting it is. So insha'Allah your silent dawah will speak volumes. Keep up the good work Brother, may Allah s.w.t make you strong and sucessful in all you do ameen.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Just explain to me exactly what backbiting is again pleaseee.. As I think I might be guilty of it myself. For example, when you have family bustup's you talk about those that hurt you, (not wishing ill to happen to them, just saying how they knowingly done wrong) which is hurtful, so yes things like that.

Or when helping someone, you might need to discuss the person situation, and might need to talk about other's that were involved how right or wrong their actions were in making that situation better/worse for the individual.

Appreciate the reminder, and please add the rewards/punishments too so we can all benefit from this!

Barakallah fi