Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are Ahl-e-Bayt?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Who are Ahl-e-Bayt?

Some people say, Ahl-e-Bayt are only Fatima (ra), Ali (ra), Hassan (ra) and Hussien (ra).

While some other say, Ahl-e-Bayt are only wives of Prophet (sws).

But both are wrong, the Right Ones are those people who say Ahl-e-Bayt include all wives of Prophet (sws) as well as Ali (ra), Fatima (ra), Hassan (ra) and Hussien (ra).

Read Maulna Madoodi (ra)’s answer, who are Ahl-e-Bayt. Read till end.

If you can't read Urdu, then read it from Tafheem-ul-Quran in English
    http://www.quran.net/quran/tafseer/m...osiEnglish.asp

Verse number is 33:33 and footnote number is 50.

The links to this image in parts
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Last edited by Jsmith; 18-12-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: Who are Ahl-e-Bayt?

Salam Aleykum,

AhlulBayt are:

1- Wives of The Prophet PBUH.
    2- Children of the Prophet PBUH (also his grandchildren from Fatima RA).
    3- The descendants of Ali bin Abi Talib RA.
    4- the descendants of Aqeel, Ja'afar and al Abbas may Allah be pleased with them.
    إن كان حب آل البيت رفضا فليشهد الثقلان إني رافضي

من أقوال الإمام الشافعي

Please Take a look in the Thread Dedicated to our Beloved Prophet PBUH by clicking here.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

The Ahlel Bayt refers to the Prophet’s family. Yes, it is true that the Prophet’s family are of an exalted status. However, the Shia opinion of who is Ahlel Bayt is discriminatory and ethically wrong. The rightly guided Ahlus Sunnah holds that the Ahlel Bayt does indeed refer to the Prophet’s family, but that the Prophet’s family includes all pious Muslims; the reason for this is that relations are based on Taqwa (piety) in the Islamic belief, not on blood. It was based on this fact that the Prophet referred to Salman al-Farsi as being Ahlel Bayt, even though Salman was Persian in ethnicity and completely unrelated to the Prophet by blood.

Anyone who is pious is part of the Ahlel Bayt; some of these people were specifically mentioned to be part of this group. These include:

1. The Prophet’s wives
    2. The Prophet’s children
    3. The Prophet’s freed slaves
    4. Ahlel Kisa (People of the Cloak, i.e. Ali ibn Abi Talib’s family)
    5. The family of Aqil
    6. The offspring of Jafar
    7. The offspring of Abbas
    8. Salman al-Farsi
    And perhaps some others we may have missed…

However, the Ahlel Bayt is not limited to these people. Included in the Ahlel Bayt is every God-fearing believer. The Prophet said:

“Do not come to me with your lineages on the Day of Resurrection! My Family is every God-fearing believer.”

and

“Every Prophet has a Family and carriage; my Family and carriage are the Believers.”

An appropriate analogy is the fact that the Prophet named ten Sahabah specifically by name as being promised Paradise, but this does not mean that they are the only ones to go to Paradise. Likewise, the Prophet specifically referred to certain people as being family, but this does not mean that others are not also part of it.

Islam does not support bigotry, discrimination, or racism. Instead, Islam is egalitarian and just.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Thanks for your comments and insight.

Kindly also read what the scholar Syed Alaa Madoodi (ra) say. How does he beautifully resolve differences between Ummah with his wisdom. I am really inspired by his writings.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

salaam

how comes ali (ra) is ahle bait? he is the prophet (saw) uncle son. im not denying he is i just want to know what constitutes to one bein a member of ones family. i personally dont consider my parents brothers/sisters children as my family but as relatives and cousins. anyway from what you have said why do shia not include all the other uncles of rasoolullah (saw) and brothers of ali (ra) as ahle bayt. finally shoudlt abu jahl and lahab be ahle bayt as well or is it restricted to muslim only

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by caravan of martyrs View Post
    salaam

how comes ali (ra) is ahle bait? he is the prophet (saw) uncle son. im not denying he is i just want to know what constitutes to one bein a member of ones family. i personally dont consider my parents brothers/sisters children as my family but as relatives and cousins. anyway from what you have said why do shia not include all the other uncles of rasoolullah (saw) and brothers of ali (ra) as ahle bayt. finally shoudlt abu jahl and lahab be ahle bayt as well or is it restricted to muslim only
    Definitely, first criteria to be Ahl-e-Bayt are to be a Muslim, this is the reason, Allah (swt) said to Noah (as) that his physical son is not his son because he was unbeliever.

Second thing is Ahl-e-Bayt were the people who live with Prophet (sws) who can go inside his home and come out freely and don’t need to take permission. This includes Prophet (sws)’s servants too like Zaid bin Harith (ra). Same case is with Salman Farsi (ra), because he was too old and did not have his home, so Prophet (sws) has given him a shelter in his home. And he was a permanent member of household.

Ali (ra) was brought up Prophet (sws) himself, so he was like his adopted son, because Prophet (sws) took his responsibility when he was very young to help his uncle Abu Talib financially.

Your concept of family is too small and European concept. This is called Nuclear Family System. But Islamic concept of family is very very broad.

Prophet (sws) said, all creatures are family of Allah (swt), so imagine, how big concept is this.

Ahl-e-Bayt means those who share the home with Prophet (sws).

We Muslims are not Prophet’s Ahl-e-Bayt, we are His Aal which means friends and followers.

Senior Member Abu Zakariya Yahya's Avatar
    Madhhab
    Hanbali

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith View Post

Prophet (sws) said, all creatures are family of Allah (swt), so imagine, how big concept is this.
    Where did he say that?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya Yahya View Post
    Where did he say that?
    Prophet (sws) said:

All creatures are like a family (Ayal) of God: and He (swt) loves the most those who are the most beneficent to His family.

(Narrated by Anas. Mishkat al-Masabih,3:1392; quoted from Bukhari.)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Off the topic
    What is the meaning of "Moharram-ul-haraam"

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by ALIJAN1001 View Post

1. The Prophet’s wives
    2. The Prophet’s children
    3. The Prophet’s freed slaves
    4. Ahlel Kisa (People of the Cloak, i.e. Ali ibn Abi Talib’s family)
    5. The family of Aqil
    6. The offspring of Jafar
    7. The offspring of Abbas
    8. Salman al-Farsi
    Salam Aleykum,

I think Salaman al farisi RA and the "others" were AhlulBayt in Rank but not in function, probably they didn't get Khums and they still received Sadaqah, right?
    إن كان حب آل البيت رفضا فليشهد الثقلان إني رافضي

من أقوال الإمام الشافعي

Please Take a look in the Thread Dedicated to our Beloved Prophet PBUH by clicking here.