Thread: Drama Series of Prophet Yusuf AS?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Drama Series of Prophet Yusuf AS?

Asalam Alaekum

I came across drama series in arabic, episodes based on the complete story of Prophet Yusuf AS, now its obvious that they have done a good job and produced a good drama series for people to learn but they show prophet Yusuf AS, not his presence as they did in the movie, "The message" based on Rasulalah SAW. They show Prophet Yusuf as a child, a little chubby and they have done make up on him.

Is this even allowed? A humanly person showcasing a prophet ! My family completely opposed this idea.
    I watched it today with the intension of 1. Learnign arabic language 2. Learning more about the story.

Can any brother or sister shed some light on this?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Drama Series of Prophet Yusuf AS?

I find this sort of stuff waaaaaaaaay too disrespectful. How ppl do this I cant understand

There are a 101 better ways to learn Arabic and learn about this story. Go to the authentic sources themselves.

na'udhubiLlah!!!!!!!

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    Asalam Alaekum

I came across drama series in arabic, episodes based on the complete story of Prophet Yusuf AS, now its obvious that they have done a good job and produced a good drama series for people to learn but they show prophet Yusuf AS, not his presence as they did in the movie, "The message" based on Rasulalah SAW. They show Prophet Yusuf as a child, a little chubby and they have done make up on him.

Is this even allowed? A humanly person showcasing a prophet ! My family completely opposed this idea.
    I watched it today with the intension of 1. Learnign arabic language 2. Learning more about the story.

Salam Aleykum,

I think it is Iranian but based on the correct Story it is dubbed in Arabic, yes they do show faces in Iranian Religious shows, They were selling DVDs on al Manar(Shia TV) about the story of Prophet Jesus PBUH and they show him exactly like the Christians show him, Although it is funny that on the same channel they were selling cartoons of Imam Ali's life RA and it had a glowing light on his face hehe..

I recently bought an entire arab TV show about the events since Musaylamah al Kazzab until the peace between al Hassan RA and Muawiyah RA, it is an amazing series!

They don't show the Prophet PBUH at all nor do they have a voice actor for him...
    They don't show Aisha RA or Fatima RA but they do have voices for them,
    Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Hassan, Hussein They don't show their faces they just put a glow on it and they have voices.
    The rest of the companions like Khaled and Bilal they have normal actors just like in "The message".
    إن كان حب آل البيت رفضا فليشهد الثقلان إني رافضي

من أقوال الإمام الشافعي

Please Take a look in the Thread Dedicated to our Beloved Prophet PBUH by clicking here.

Banned
    Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    Asalam Alaekum

Salam brother,

I watched the around 70 parts on you tube. Its even dubbed in urdu. Really nice .

Ws

Banned
    Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by a_muslim View Post

I find this sort of stuff waaaaaaaaay too disrespectful. How ppl do this I cant understand

There are a 101 better ways to learn Arabic and learn about this story. Go to the authentic sources themselves.

na'udhubiLlah!!!!!!!
    Salam brother.

I dont think there is any harm in picturising events from Islamic history, if it is being potrayed in a true and decent manner. I dont understand why you found it disrespectful??