Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Shabbir Ahmed, the Liar [ A lie against Imam Razi has been detected]

Madhhab
    None

Default Dr. Shabbir Ahmed, the Liar [ A lie against Imam Razi has been detected]

(Already published in some other websites. I want to publish here only because of its importance)
    This Post is about the alleged confession of Imam Razi, as presented by Dr. Shabbir Ahmed in at least two of his books [The Criminals of Islam, Islam - The True History and False Beliefs]. I don't know about the authenticity of the alleged confessions of other Imams, but I know specifically about that of Imam Razi, that this is quite a false accusation.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Dr. Shabbir Ahmed wrote:
    After writing his 300 volumes, the great and authoritative Imam confesses: "All my intellectual and supposedly logical statements in the explanation of the Quran turned out to be lame. All the explanations of the Quran done by the so-called Imams (Tabari, Zamakhshari, Ibne Kathir, Bukhari, Muslim etc) are misguided and misleading. All of us were the tools of Satan. Our souls were polluted by our physical desires. All our endeavors and works of this world promise to bring upon us nothing but eternal humiliation, torture and doom.
    • (Hadith-Ul-Qur’an by Allama Inayatullah Khan Al-Mashriqi, 1954 edition p190)
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    The first Confusion:

After recovering the first shock, my first confusion was with the names in the bracket. One of the names is Ibne Kathir. OMG! Ibne Kathir's life span is 1301-1373 CE, whereas Imam Razi's 1150-1209 CE!!!

How was it possible for Imam Razi to know the name of Ibne Kathir????
    __________________________________________________ _________________

The Reference book is available on the Internet:

So, the doubt against the writings of Dr. Shabbir Ahmed began to rise. Then I started searching for the reference he provided and found the Book! So, Let us check that Book:

The original urdu book Hadith-Ul-Qur’an by Allama Inayatullah Khan Al-Mashriqi is available in the following link:
    http://www.aboutquran.com/ba/bio/Ina...disalQuran.pdf

Only the page-190 can be downloaded from this link:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/46915098/I...l-Quran-Pg-190

Or here is it:

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

A discussion on the reference:

Yes, there is something from which Dr. Shabbir has written this "CONFESSION" thing! It is a poem of Imam Razi. The poem was partially translated in Urdu by Allama Inayatullah Khan Al-Mashriqi in the mentioned page, and before and after his urdu translation, he clearly stated (two times) that the portion he mentioned (in Urdu) was stated in the following poem:

نهاية إقدام العقول عقال ... وأكثر سعي العالمين ضلال
    وأرواحنا في وحشة من جسومنا ... وحاصل دنيانا أذى ووبال
    ولم نستفد من بحثنا طول عمرنا ... سوى أنم جمعنا فيه قيل وقالوا
    ولم قد رأينا من رجال ودولة ... فبادوا جميعا مسرعين وزالوا
    وكم من جبال قد علت شرفاتها ... رجال فزالوا والجبال جبال

The meaning of the poem is:
    Link: http://www.thefullwiki.org/Fakhr_al-Din_al-Razi
    The daring of minds ends in shackles, Most of mankind's undertakings are folly. Our souls are indifferent to what our bodies do, And the sum of our lives is affliction and harm. We did not benefit from our lifelong search Except in collecting what these said, and those. Atop many a mountain men have triumphed And gone, while the mountains remained. How many men and states have we seen, Goaded to disappear one and all.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

My comment about the Translation of the poem: This poem is very much famous. You just copy any sentence of the arabic poem, or english translation, google with that, you will get many links.

I think The bold portion should have been at last.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

However, another translation is available in the Internet.
    The link is: http://books.google.com/books?id=Y7J...ies%22&f=false

Our souls fear our bodies as if they want to separate from them.
    The result of our life in this world has been nothing but pain to others and sin.
    For all the discussions and debates of our life We have derived no benefit but senseless noise.
    How often have we seen men and kingdoms All perish quickly and cease to exist! How was their glory once more exalted than a mountain, Yet, men perish and the mountain remains the same!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    A comment from the book containing the translation:
    The name of the Book: Biographical encyclopaedia of Sufis: Central Asia and Middle East By N. Hanif, Page:381

In this book, just before mentioning the translation of the poem, the writer wrote:
    There is a poem of Imam Razi which is in itself almost sufficient evidence for his Sufism. In the original Arabic it is so beautiful and effective that hardly any of his biographers has failed to mention it. Written in old age by a man who was the leading scholar and theologian of his day and who enjoyed all the comfort and glory of the life of this world, it is a vivid reminder that beyond the sphere of all human life and knowledge there is another reality which man must seek in order to remain faithful to his own intimate nature. The poem begins with these verses:....(Then the poem starts)
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

No word for Explanation of Quran in this poem:
    If a reader is aware, he/she can easily understand that there is nothing, said about "explanation of Quran" in the poem.

Very interestingly, Allama Mashriqi mistranslated the poem using the words in the translation using the phrase "explanation of the Quran". Allama Mashriqi's translation has almost taken place in the translation of Dr. Shabbir Ahmed. "Almost"...because In his english translation of Allama Mashriqi's Urdu translation, Dr. Shabbir inserted some words which were said by neither Allama Mashriqi nor Imam Razi. In the following para of the translated portion of Dr. Shabbir (translated from Mashriqi's), is presented with the inserted (by Dr. Shabbir) words red marked:
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    Checking the "insertion by Dr. Shabbir":
    After writing his 300 volumes, the great and authoritative Imam confesses: "All my intellectual and supposedly logical statements in the explanation of the Qur’an turned out to be lame. All the explanations of the Qur’an done by the so-called Imams* (Tabari, Zamakhshari, Ibne Kathir, Bukhari, Muslim etc) are misguided and misleading. All of us were the tools of Satan. Our souls were polluted by our physical desires. Our efforts of this world promise to bring us nothing but torture and doom."
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    Please note that:
    The red-marked words are inserted totally by Dr. Shabbir Ahmed. These words were stated neither by Imam Razi nor by Allama Mashriqi. But Dr. Shabbir inserted the words in the name of Imam Razi, with reference of Allama Inayatullah.

And This man calls other "CRIMINAL"!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    *Here in the poem, Allama Mashriqi actually mistranslated the word Alamin/Alimin. He thought of the word as Alimin and translated as Imam (religious Alim). But if one reads the last four lines of the poem, he/she can easily understand that this meaning of the word "Alim" (even if the word is alimin) can only be "learned ones", not "a religious Alim".

The last four lines:
    How often have we seen men and kingdoms All perish quickly and cease to exist! How was their glory once more exalted than a mountain, Yet, men perish and the mountain remains the same!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    The most Interest Thing:
    The most interesting thing happened when I personally mailed Dr. Shabbir Ahmed, and informed the gross mistakes he made, then he, in the reply, wrote me that
    "I have Allama Mashriqi's book in Urdu. The late great scholar does not mention that he translated a poem by Imam Razi"

But, the fact is that Allama Inayatullah Mashriqi has clearly stated (anyone can download the book or only the page from the mentioned link, and see by herself/himself) that all that he has written in the name of Imam Razi was stated in the "following poem". And then he mentioned the original Arabic poem.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    So, Now the most important Question is:
    So, the most important question now is:

Doesn't he understand Urdu?

Or, has he himself never seen this book at all!!!

The confusion is:

Most of the the books referred by this Dr. Shabbir Ahmed while speaking ill of the honorable Ulama of Islam (naming them CRIMINALS!!!) are not actually available. This Alama Mashriqi's life span was 1888-1963. So, there was a possibility that even this book (Hadisal Quran) might not have been available. Let alone any book of Imam Razi that contains the referenced poem.

Did Dr. Shabbir Ahmed try to take that chance?

The other books that are not available....what about those? Are they also references like this?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Dr. Shabbir Ahmed, the Liar [ A lie against Imam Razi has been detected]

The explanation of all that Imam Razi r.a said in that poetry, is what I find in these abyaat,

العلم للرحمن جل جلاله . . . وسواه في جهلاته يتغمغم
    ما للتراب وللعلوم وإنما . . . يسعى ليعلم أنه لا يعلم

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: Dr. Shabbir Ahmed, the Liar [ A lie against Imam Razi has been detected]

Quote Originally Posted by abuhajira View Post

The explanation of all that Imam Razi r.a said in that poetry, is what I find in these abyaat,

العلم للرحمن جل جلاله . . . وسواه في جهلاته يتغمغم
    ما للتراب وللعلوم وإنما . . . يسعى ليعلم أنه لا يعلم
    Please mention the translation of the explanation.
    And, please can you mention the source.

Was the explanation given by Zamakhshari?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by antibhondo View Post
    Please mention the translation of the explanation.
    And, please can you mention the source.

Was the explanation given by Zamakhshari?

My naqis translation would be :

The (real) knowledge is for The Merciful, High and Mighty-- And (anyone) besides Him, (merely) mumbles in his ignorance
    What is there for dirt (i.e human) and for the knowledges; It is naught -- but an endeavor to know that he knows not.

Obviously I saw these abyaat as per my understanding. The deeper meaning could very well be there too.

Its from Al-Kashkol Vol. 1 Pg. 48. Oh and the abyaat attributed to Allama Zamakhshari. It was not explanation given by him, rather I felt that his couplet explained what Imam Razi r.a was trying to mention.

Madhhab
    None

Brother, thank you very much. Do you see how much deviation has this man Dr. Shabbir made to make Imam Razi a Criminal?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Fantastic post, thank you.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

You mean Dr. Shabbir Ahmad Ali Khan the surgeon from Dubai? I think I have him on my FB lol.
    إن كان حب آل البيت رفضا فليشهد الثقلان إني رافضي

من أقوال الإمام الشافعي

Please Take a look in the Thread Dedicated to our Beloved Prophet PBUH by clicking here.

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Qarnayn View Post

Fantastic post, thank you.
    Thank you brother.

Madhhab
    None

I draw the kind attentions of the sisters & brothers of this forum. Please whoever read this, circulate this as much as possible for you.

Thank you everyone.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

is this guy on 'Peace TV'?