Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rasulullah (SAWS) is Nur

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Rasulullah (SAWS) is Nur

Quote Originally Posted by HaajiMahjubi View Post
    Salaam,

This is taken from the discourses of Hadrat Mawlana Masihullah Khan sahib rahmatullah alaih, which is known as "For Friends". The subject is the reality of Rasulullah salallahu alaihi wa salim being nur.

Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) is nur upon nur! In reality, Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) was nur (spiritual light) from his very inception. It was for our ta'lim (teaching and training) and to act as an example and a model for us that Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) was sent. By the taufiq of Allah Ta'ala a thought has come to mind - listen carefully:

Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) is undoubtedly nur. However, there is more to it than that. Actually Zate Bari Ta'ala desired that through Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) we should attain some faiz (spiritual bounty) - faiz-e-'ilmi and faiz amali (in knowledge and deeds). However, faiz cannot be attained without some physical component being attached to that metaphysical nur. Nur does not express itself in words. Just like the sun and the moon: despite emitting light, they do not utter words. Thus, Zate Bari Ta'ala sent that nur which he had created, into this world, clothing it with a physical body - a body that was the best, more beautiful and handsome than any other creation - and that this embodiment of nur should transmit to us faiz- e-'ilmi and faiz-e-amali.

This is our aqidah (belief). To repeat: Zate Bari Ta'ala clothed that nur which He had created, with a physical body in order that we may attain faiz-e-'ilmi and faiz-e-amali through the person of Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam). Thus, do we not subscribe to this concept that Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) is nur? Has anybody denied it? We subscribe to it with a great deal of charm and beauty.

To continue: I was saying that when nur is clothed in a physical human body, the physical body will show the traits of a human body. We consider Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) to be nur-run-ala-nur (light upon light). The view that is held that we do not consider Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) to be nur, is false. Brothers, do you understand, or not yet?

For Friends, Vol 9, pages 17-18 and 23. Prepared and published by Dr. Ismail Mangera, Safar 1417

Recently I heard that there is no shadow of Gumbad-e-Khizra ?

Is it correct?
    Ilm wo Noor hai jise Haasil karne ke baad baghair amal kiye chain na aaye..
    Agar ye hai to ilm hai varna maloomat hai......Aur maloomat ki qayamat ke din pakad hai..
    Ke jitna hasil kiya uspe kitna amal kiya
    Mufti Shafee RA

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Is it correct?
    Agar ye hai to ilm hai varna maloomat hai......Aur maloomat ki qayamat ke din pakad hai..
    Mufti Shafee RA

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by SIRAJ-UD-DEEN View Post

Is it correct?
    If you mean rasul allah then yes its true,

Sayyidina Hakeem Tirmidhi in his book Nawaadirul-Usool narrates from Sayyidina Zakwaan , a close Companion of the Prophet , the following Hadith: "The shadow of the Prophet could not be seen in the brightness of the sun, nor in moonlight".

Allamah Ibn al-Jawzi in his Kitabul-Wafa narrates a hadith from Sayyidina Abdullah ibn Abbas the cousin of the Prophet in which he said: "The Messenger of Allah had no shadow, not while standing in the sun, but the brilliance of his light (nur) surpassed the rays of the sun; nor while sitting before a burning light, but his luminous light excelled the lustre of the light".

Imam Nasafi in his Tafseer Madaarik narrates from Sayyidina Uthman ibn Affan , the son-in-law of the Prophet that he said to the Prophet : "Allah Almighty does not let your shadow fall on the ground, so that no foot of man can fall on it".

Imam Jalaludeen Suyuti in his Khasaa'is al-Kubra narrates from Ibn Saba : "This is also a unique feature of the Prophet that his shadow did not touch the ground, because he was light (nur), and when he used to walk in the sunshine his shadow could not be seen."
    The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, I was sent with the sword just before the Last Hour, so that Allah is worshiped alone without partners. My sustenance was provided for me from under the shadow of my spear. Those who oppose my command were humiliated and made inferior.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Abidin View Post
    If you mean rasul allah then yes its true,

Sayyidina Hakeem Tirmidhi in his book Nawaadirul-Usool narrates from Sayyidina Zakwaan , a close Companion of the Prophet , the following Hadith: "The shadow of the Prophet could not be seen in the brightness of the sun, nor in moonlight".

Allamah Ibn al-Jawzi in his Kitabul-Wafa narrates a hadith from Sayyidina Abdullah ibn Abbas the cousin of the Prophet in which he said: "The Messenger of Allah had no shadow, not while standing in the sun, but the brilliance of his light (nur) surpassed the rays of the sun; nor while sitting before a burning light, but his luminous light excelled the lustre of the light".

Imam Nasafi in his Tafseer Madaarik narrates from Sayyidina Uthman ibn Affan , the son-in-law of the Prophet that he said to the Prophet : "Allah Almighty does not let your shadow fall on the ground, so that no foot of man can fall on it".

Imam Jalaludeen Suyuti in his Khasaa'is al-Kubra narrates from Ibn Saba : "This is also a unique feature of the Prophet that his shadow did not touch the ground, because he was light (nur), and when he used to walk in the sunshine his shadow could not be seen."
    What would Syedna RasulUllah be thinking about this? Do you get any hint from Quran that this is what Quran wants to teach us? Where is it stated in Quran/Hadith that one has to believe in such things to be a Muslim? The orientation that develops from such zaeef riwayat could be the orientation of Christianity, and not of Islam, because Islam inculcates belief in the perfection of human being in all aspects: having a shadow is no imperfection, because it is not always zulmat, as the shadow is beneficial and therefore full of rahmat and noor for a traveller of the desert.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Hakeem Tirmidhi is not daeef his collection of ahadith is one of the sahih sita in islam,

Allamah Ibn al-Jawzi is a major scholar in islam accepted by all groups,

Imam Nasafi Aqeedah is a major work in islam,

Imam Jalaludeen Suyuti was a mujtahid of the highest caliber and the renewer of his age,

every single one of these is a hadith and not commentary.

this is commentary,

Qadi Iyad in his Ash-Shifa states:"The Prophet did not possess a shadow in the brightness of the sun or in the moonlight, because he was light (nur)".

Imam Ahmad Qastalani states in Al-Mawahibul-laduniyya: "That the Prophet did not possess a shadow in the brightness of the sun or moonlight is proven from the ahadith of Tirmidhi of Ibn Zakwaan and Ibn Saba ."

Shaykh Abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehlvi states in Madaarij an-nubuwwah: "The Prophet's shadow did not appear in sunshine nor in moonlight".

Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi in his Mathnawi states: "Let alone the Prophet , even if an ordinary servant of the Prophet reaches the stage of inner mortality (baqa), then like the Prophet , his shadow too disappears".

Peace be upon the Prophet, His Family and Companions

your accusing these ulumah of this,

from such zaeef riwayat could be the orientation of Christianity
    choose your words better brother because they are further from the Christians than you or me.
    The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, I was sent with the sword just before the Last Hour, so that Allah is worshiped alone without partners. My sustenance was provided for me from under the shadow of my spear. Those who oppose my command were humiliated and made inferior.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Abidin View Post
    Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi in his Mathnawi states: "Let alone the Prophet , even if an ordinary servant of the Prophet reaches the stage of inner mortality (baqa), then like the Prophet , his shadow too disappears".

Peace be upon the Prophet, His Family and Companions
    This proves that the Prophet's shadowless appearance to a Wali-Ullah is a subjective phenomenon, i.e. it appears in some particular epiphanic/theophanic state (tajalli) for a Wali-Ullah; it is not an objective reality 'out there' in the physical world, because Sunnat-i-Ilahi never changes; it is subjective--subject to the perception of the viewer. Otherwise, in the presence of such an obvious ayat, the kuffar would not have kept demanding ayaat, but if this ayat of being shadowless was laid bare by the Prophet for all the people, what difference would there have been between Islam and Christianity: Islam too would then have been based on supernatural phenomenon and required shunning of the natural world for access to God

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by arius View Post
    This proves that the Prophet's shadowless appearance to a Wali-Ullah is a subjective phenomenon, i.e. it appears in some particular epiphanic/theophanic state (tajalli) for a Wali-Ullah; it is not an objective reality 'out there' in the physical world, because Sunnat-i-Ilahi never changes; it is subjective--subject to the perception of the viewer. Otherwise, in the presence of such an obvious ayat, the kuffar would not have kept demanding ayaat, but if this ayat of being shadowless was laid bare by the Prophet for all the people, what difference would there have been between Islam and Christianity: Islam too would then have been based on supernatural phenomenon and required shunning of the natural world for access to God
    I want to know that the Gumbad khizra has shadow or not?

If anyone has been to Madina, then they can clarify?
    Mufti Shafee RA

Madhhab
    Hanafi

you can see that the dome clearly casts a shadow - even in your picture the dome has a shadow.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by arius View Post
    This proves that the Prophet's shadowless appearance to a Wali-Ullah is a subjective phenomenon, i.e. it appears in some particular epiphanic/theophanic state (tajalli) for a Wali-Ullah; it is not an objective reality 'out there' in the physical world, because Sunnat-i-Ilahi never changes; it is subjective--subject to the perception of the viewer. Otherwise, in the presence of such an obvious ayat, the kuffar would not have kept demanding ayaat, but if this ayat of being shadowless was laid bare by the Prophet for all the people,
    You mean firasa or visible to only those who have reached this level of inner perception.

what difference would there have been between Islam and Christianity: Islam too would then have been based on supernatural phenomenon and required shunning of the natural world for access to God
    no it would have been a miracle granted to him among the many others that where and which where clearly displayed to the kufar who then disbelieved after seeing it with their own eyes like the splitting of the moon. Had musa been granted such a thing would firaun have dared call that magic but the kufar in the prophets time still disbelieved.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

the problem with my barelvi brothers is that they try to present subjective realities --subject to particular spiritual states-- as objective realities 'out there' for everyone to believe, and then they insist that belief in them is a fundamental requirement of Islam, and anybody who doesn't believe in them is not truly a Muslim. For God's sake, stop confusing Sharia/sobriety and jazb/sukr/miracles. If Jazb/sukr/miracles/negation of natural laws and physical world/rahbaniat had been enough for the mankind, Jesus would have been the last prophet--which could not be the case--as through the last of the prophets Syedna Muhammad Sal-Allahu alaihay wasalam, the physical/natural world was also brought in the circle of God's rahmat and its negation at the physical level (or the negation of any of the natural laws) was no more indispensable to realise God for one's perception; therefore there is minimum emphasis on the negation of natural laws through miracles in Islam and therefore there is also no indispensable need for negation of the physical world through rahbaniat/monasticism